Death of the New Gods

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Autoplex, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Autoplex

Autoplex Farewell Master Galvatron

News Credits:
    I've gone from a casual DC reader to an all out DC reader over the past couple of years, so I , may not be reading between the lines or have enough reading history to see subtle hints. Basically what I want to know is if there have been enough clues to determine who the New God killer is. Metron knows who ‘he’ is and that ‘he’ has never possessed power like this before. Can’t remember if there was a hint giving away that the killer is not a New God himself.

So to sum it all up;

Is there enough clues to speculate on who the killer is? (Body outline, dialogue, etc)
    What is the orb thingamajig talking to Metron at the end of the last issue?

Thanks in advance for any info.

2. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

Me too, what titles did it for you? As to the question at had my first guess would be Darkseid, failing that ether Orion or Kalibak.

3. Autoplex

Autoplex Farewell Master Galvatron

News Credits:
    I've always been a Batman fan so I always picked up those titles. After Identity Crisis I only read old Elseworlds, Batman titles and the Countdown to Infite Crisis titles (Day of Vengeance, OMAC, etc) then Infinite Crisis came along and I was reluctant to start buying titles I haven't been reading just for tie-ins so I passed on them. But One Year Later gave me a chance to expand my comic buying since it was sort of a restart for alot of comics. So basically One Year Later + 52 turned expanded my buy list from less than a handful to over a dozen. And now I've got a casual job in a comic store thats near the TAFE I'm going to attend for a while. Education + comics and money = great for me (I'm a younger member here, only 18).

Back on topic...

I'm really hesitant to think it's actually one of the New Gods. The outline of the killer is far to slender for Darkseid or any of his sons. So that rules out Kalibak and Orion and Grayven himself was killed by somebody he didn't expect to see in Darkseid's throne room in the August Outsiders weekly recruit comic with Martian Manhunter and Thunder.

All I can think of is that the killer is someone fairly slender, appearing to be non caped, never had this amount of power before and is somebody they don't expect to turn up. Somehow Jimmy Olsen is connected to this aswel. I never read the old Jack Kirby written Jimmy Olsen transformation comics so I don't know if anyone recurring in those could be involved.

Thats all from me for now.

4. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's a theory going around that it's Shilo Norman, the other Mr. Miracle, and that what he is actually doing is taking the souls of the New Gods in order to bring about the advent of the next ages of Gods, the New New Gods, if you will. I like that one so I'll go with it for now.

I didn't like this series at first, but it's grown on me a bit.