Dead Space potentially being revived?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by kaijuguy19, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Some sort of carbon-based bastard.

Let's be honest now: it's Dead Space 3 that needed a sodding remake, not the first one.

Also, am I the only one who thought 2 was lacklustre? The whole thing stank of EA meddling. "Bigger! Louder! More explosions! More daft action scenes! More dialogue! Multiplayer mode! NOW NOW NOW!!"

2. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I loved Dead Space 2. It's the Aliens of the Dead Space franchise. The changes to Isaac make sense and the set up makes sense. There's something in his head that Unitologists want, and Isaac is the man to fuck it all up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Some sort of carbon-based bastard.

You know, I never thought of it like that. Strange, considering how Aliens is one of my favourite movies ever...

I might have to give it another go one of these days, because it certainly wasn't a bad game, just disappointing at the time, and viewing it through a different lens could be interesting.

Dead Space 3 was still shite though. Like Alien 3.

4. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    How well is it selling? I think a lot of people are hesitant because of modern EA.

5. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Seems to be selling. When we went to get a copy for my girlfriend we couldn't find it at GameStop, BestBuy or Target. Walmart had two copies.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not sure then.

7. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I bought the steam version.

8. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've always said that the reality of Dead Space is that...much like the Aliens analogy, you simply can't do the same thing twice in a row. If you wanted to keep the low power horrorfest of Dead Space 1...it'd literally be the same game with just a different skin, and really how interesting is that? The nature of Dead Space's story and premise necessitates an escalation. Isaac is already heavily traumatized at the end of Dead Space 1, and he's already survived and learned about Necromorphs. Narratively if you include Issac again in the next game, you can't simply discard his previous experience. So like in how Aliens empowered the protagonist more, it also balanced out by upping the stakes. It isn't just one Xenomorph...it's millions of them. Same with Dead Space 2. You're not dealing with a ship that's gone derelict. You're dealing with a space station that's in the throes of a horrifically failing evacuation. More Necromorphs, more threats, new evolutions, new conspiracies. It's a necessary escalation of the series.

Also yeah I'll agree. The Aliens analogy feels more true here than usual. The third for both franchises were pretty crappy!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Yeah 3 sucked, the last other good Dead Space game was the mobile one. I loved that game, there also was a really good Mass effect one. But EA being EA stopped supporting it.

12 years ago it was amazing you had this level of gaming on your phone.
    Then EA became what we know know and abandoned some great mobile games
    (Honestly I'd buy a remaster of both)

(I still have them both on an old iphone I never updated, jailbroke and used to use for emulators) But wish I had them on my main phone. (They got the full alien isolation game from ps3/xbox 1 to work on mobile, you'd think we would be seeing more tipple A game ports on mobile...) I'm getting tired of free to play crap

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
  10. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    Sooooooooooooo yeah she's dead..........again.........Jim. Apparently didn't meet EA execs expected sales and they killed any shot at further remakes. Shame because I would have loved to see how 2 was changed by GOD we needed 3 to get overhaul to make it a fitting entry for the DS franchise.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    God, I hate EA!

• Like Like x 2