DC vs Marvel: Movies

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hotshotprime43, Nov 10, 2012.

?

Who has the better movies

1. DC

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  2. Marvel

37 vote(s)
    82.2%
  1. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

I have never enjoyed a non-Batman DC movie. I was too young to appreciate the orignal Superman movies, and when I saw them on repeat, I didn't enjoy them very much.

If it was Batman against any Marvel franchise, I'd go with Batman. But DC as a whole does not have it together like Marvel does right now.

2. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Marvel by a fucking mile.

I've never been a big comic fan but the X-Men movies and the MCU continuity have got me intrested enough to buy a few to learn about the characters as well as various Marvel Universe and Hot Toys figures.

My intrest in any other Batman movies is presently non existent because I only managed the first 2 of the depressing borefests directed by the extremely overrated Christopher Nolan and I certainly won't be bothering with his take on Superman as his "serious business" approach to the genre is just not my thing.

Other than that I don't really know any other DC characters....they may have the Bat, but Marvel have a Raccoon ready to make his big screen debut :D 

3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I really don't see the need to compare one to the other.

4. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I'm a Batman fan first & foremost, and while I liked Tim Burton's two movies and consider Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy one of my all time favorite series ever, I can't deny that Marvel nevertheless absolutely dominate this category. Not counting their abysmal failures like Dare Devil, Ghost Rider(s), The Hulk and whatnot, they have this particular market cornered thanks to all three original X-Men, the reboot/prequel of X-Men, soon to be three Iron Man's, the Blade trilogy, obviously The Avengers and even the so-so installments of Thor, Captain America and second swing at The Incredible Hulk.

DC, on the other hand, only has 5 good Batman movies (2 x Tim Burton, 3 x Christopher Nolan) and a couple of decent old Superman movies. But both of Joel Schumacher's Batman's, the failed Superman Returns sort-of-sequel-sort-of-reboot, the Green Lantern, Catwoman... all so bad that most people want to forget they ever happened.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Marvel.

DC only has the Christopher Nolan Batman films that are at all any real good.

But Marvel has one ultimate continuity for their films and it's continuing to get bigger and bigger each day.

6. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Marvel all the way, baby. I have watched all the Batman movies and only the Nolan trilogy and the first Burton Batman are any good. For Superman it's the first two Donner movies and that's it. None of the other DC movies, with possible exception of the Watchmen, are worth watching. For Marvel you are talking about:

X 1,2, and First Class
    Blade 1 & 2
    Iron Man 1 & 2 (2 isn't that bad ok?)
    Thor
    Captain America
    The Avengers
    Daredevil (Director's Cut)
    The Incredible Hulk

I rest my case.

7. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I've been enjoying the Dark Knight Trilogy this year way too much to give it to Marvel.