DC Superheroes Anyone pick these up yet?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Sonscreen, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

I saw a DC Superheroes Batman at Target today. It kind of looked like a Marvel Legends toy. It looked extra poseable and came with a comic book. The back of the card showed Bane, Killer Croc, and Scarecrow.

Does anyone have these yet? I'm wondering what the quality is on these. They look pretty cool.

2. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    I still have yet to find a Batman. The only one I have bought is Killer Croc. They look ok. I just hope that the line does not get clutterd with various Superman and Batman figures, one of each is fine.

3. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

So far I have picked up Batman, Killer Croc, and Bane. They were out of Scarecrow. I have yet to open them as I'm not sure I will be. But they look fine and have heard they are good figures. Especially since they are re-packaged versions of the figures available overseas last year.

4. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
  5. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Marvel Legends is enough for me, however if they are of the same scale I may pick Batman and/or Superman up.

6. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I picked up Scarecrow and aside from having to tighetn up his ankle joints, I like the figure alot. Good poseablity and I like his accessories, which include his scythe and a gas release device. I'll probably pick up Bane, but the Batman just looks wierd to me. I'm happy with the original Mattel mold for Batman.

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I picked up Batman, pretty cool figure. Scarecrow is OK but his legs come molded to be standing in a particular way and it's kind of annoying. Be warned when you buy Batman, examine his cape closely in the package because the first one I bought had a big glob of dried super-glue like substance all over the back of his cape and I had to exchange it.

8. OmegaSaber

OmegaSaber Your buttcheeks is warm

Ebay:
    I've found them all except Batman so far. Overall they're good, especially Scarecrow. And technically you could probably call this wave 0.5 since this one is made up of re-done older figures. The future waves are looking much better, and hopefully they'll sell well enough to get some characters other than Supes and Bats in there. Some DC characters to go with my Legends are more than welcome.

9. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Is Batman rare or is the case ratio pretty even? That would suck if I put down the shortpacked figure.

10. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's two of each fig to a case, Batman is just the most popular.

11. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm really disappointed with the Scarecrow figure. His scythe has two handles, but only one of his hands can hold them. Oddly, he has 2 waist joints positioned very closely together. His joints are floppy. His feet are entirely too tiny. When straightened, his legs are different lengths! :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  These last three points render him nearly impossible to stand, thus essentially useless, as he doesn't come with a base.

Bane is quite cool, though.

Haven't picked up anybody else, but it looks like they really skimped on the articulation with Croc -- no elbows or knees.

Wish they would've used the Bat-Signal Batman from the previous Batman line for this line. (It only got released in Europe.) Purportedly, the last wave wasn't released here because stores refused it in favor of the craptastic Batman Begins figures.

12. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I got Batman. I like it, just wish it was a repaint of batsignal batman rather than a retool. See he has a rubber cape instead of cloth, and loses the ball jointed head that batsignal bats had. Nonetheless its the best comic batman figure out right now. It may not be as refined as the original zipline bats but its still good. Chances are you will like it best of the bats out right now. The only thing that kills me is the price and that its not the same as the proto we saw@SDCC, however I did read the reasons why it came to be and the team worked their arses off to get these out in spring(they faced unexpected delays so decided to do small retools and get some repaints out as soon as possible). SO I think we will see a super articulated bats in wave 3 or 4, all in due time, but if anything this is a good start.

And I believe Bats was packed in equal ratios to villains, this is due to the fact that most of the collectors complained of seeing so many batmans during the last time the comic line was still in mass market, this was in response to that.

13. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

These are great figures and the future waves will be even better. The quality is better than Marvel Legends IMO because they didn't come out of the package with floppy joints.

14. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

Most of my MLs didn't have floppy joints hehehehe.

And no way am i getting into a DC line unless they come out with a ML articulated Bats Sups and Green Lantern, and so far DC just hasn't gotten articulation down hehehe.

15. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    I saw them all except Bane, the one I really want. Batman looked okay but I already have the Mattel Batman and DC Direct batman which are both just fine for me. Maybe if I spot him again and have an extra 8 bucks lying about, I might get it.

16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    hey wreckgar, I'd wait. There are 2 more batmans I believe, 1 in wave 3 and 1 in wave 4 coming. They are battle damage batman and stealth jump batman. I am HOPING one of these is the mold we saw from SDCC just in different paint.

17. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

I have a bunch of ML's as well, and the newer waves have been fine, but you can't tell me that many of your ML's from the early waves don't have at least one crazy floppy joint. Heck, my Thor won't even stand without his cape for support.

Back on subject, I'd like to see better hip joints (not ball because they look stupid), but I like how the articulation doesn't get in the way of the sculpt and vice versa. I've very happy with the DC line so far.

18. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    once they give DC figures 30+ points of articulation i may pick some up of Flash, Batman, Supes, GL, etc.

19. j3

j3 Hampton Yount is my Crow T. Robot TFW2005 Supporter

Last week, got Scarecrow (who is absolutely fucking amazing), but passed on Bane (because the ones at this Target didn't have his bear) and Croc... no Batman seen... and have yet to find the pegs at WM not empty :( 

I really hope they get to do some more of the League and whatnot in series 6+, would love some Flash and GL and even lesser knowns (and maybe some of their rogues in the respective waves, omg articulated The Rogues would totally :rock )

20. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So today at Target I saw the new Batman assortment with the new Bats, Azrael, Mr. Freeze, and Robin. I'm very dissapointed that Robin has no elbow joints even though the packaging claims that these are supposed to be superarticulated. I passed on Robin and also passed on the new Batman because even though he comes with 7 different batarangs, he's just not different enough from the last Bats for me. Might get Azrael later, he looks pretty cool. I did pick up Mr. Freeze, he looks pretty menacing, and I like how they made his skin really look icey.:thumb