DC Figures Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by MoreThanMeetsTheEye, Dec 24, 2007.

1. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks man! Tbh I only picked up Bats, Robin, Joker and the Batmobile. I gave up because of the reported QC issues.

2. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Hey, at least it's not as bad as Multiverse figures. Mattel just don't even give a f#ck anymore. :lol 

I literally burst out laughing in the toy isle when I saw the Suicide Squad Harley Quinn back when that was out. It looked like a 5th grader painted it.

3. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Yeah, Multiverse is mostly comple garbage. Last one I got was Bizzaro just because I like that character more than Superman and I have the Lobo wave in my POL but I think that’s it for me. I think MLs are pretty bad in general...I went through three packs of Thor/Sif today and every one of them had globs of paint slopped on either all over Thor’s chest or Sif’s bracelets or both. But they still look high end compared with Multiverse.

• Like Like x 1
  4. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

I bought Spoiler, and when I got her home, one of her knees/lower-thighs was assembled backwards, so it basically couldn't bend either direction. So messed up. And the paint was atrocious. She wasn't even worth the clearance price I paid. The worst QC ML ever wasn't as bad as current Multiverse figures. It's a shame Hasbro couldn't get that license too and make DC Legends. It would just be more fun sculpts and interchangeable parts for customization. While I have little hope that McFarlane can build functional action figures next year, at least they'll be pretty DC statues. o_O  But I guess my wallet is glad that hasbro only has the Marvel side :D 

5. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

What makes no sense to me is that the Universe Classics sculpts and paint were better. Like a lot. How did it get worse instead of better?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  6. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Mattel is just cutting more corners. Spoiler was probably the worst looking DC figure I've seen in a long time.

It's funny. When a company is in trouble (Mattel's stock dropping all the way down to $9 suggests they're in trouble), the reaction is almost always to ruin the product. It's safer than it sounds because there's such a disconnect between the parties involved. Nobody on the supply side really cares what the product ends up like. It's just a toy, like the hundred other toys Bob the Corporate Buyer chooses with his trusty dartboard.

It might be part of why they're so crazy hostile to small buyers. I'm a fan, so I looked closely at everything solicited, and didn't order it if it looked like dogshit.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Might also be that they changed factories since DCUC so that would explain the paint. As for the sculpts, aren't there a lot more unique sculpts in the Multiverse line than DCUC? DCUC kept trotting out that same buck over and over since they knew they could milk it.

8. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Universe had good face sculpts and good CnC (BAF) sculpts. Yeah, they reused parts ad nauseam but I'd rather that than the multiverse dollar store style.

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    While it's true that a lot of Multiverse has been... pretty bad... I just recently picked up 90's Kyle and Rebirth Wonder Woman. I would actually put both of them on par with any of the best Legends that I have. Both are on new sculpts with better articulation than Mattel is usually known for... they have fucking ankle rockers... when was the last time Mattel DC figures had ankle rockers?! Also, mine are painted just as good as most Legends. Unfortunately, knowing that these are parts of the final waves from Mattel and that the guy who worked on them was let go (most likely because Mattel lost the license) it's really too little too late for Mattel DC figures, but if the last couple of waves are as good as these two than I'll be picking them up. At least the upcoming Nightwing, Starfire and Rebirth Flash Wally... possibly Hawkgirl too.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Good to hear this.

• Like Like x 1
  11. RKillian

News Credits:
    Is it terrible that I'm considering ordering a case for Starfire and attempting a no-receipt return at Walmart for the others?

12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Haha. Well, we don't know who exactly is in the wave with her, but I doubt you'll have an issue with Wal-Mart accepting your returns... oh the things I saw when I was a manager there. :lolol 

13. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Hey, I'll be glad to be wrong here. IllI check out that WW. Always down for WW figures.

Is the Vixen any good?

14. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Haven't picked Vixen up yet (or even seen her for that matter). She's on one of the new bodies by the looks of it so she should be good.

15. RKillian

News Credits:
    The BBTS listing is weird. The front page link takes you to standard but standard is not selectable any other way. I hope my order goes through as expected. I get the feeling they don't make very big orders of Mattel DC as even the most so-so assortments seem to sell out fast.

Something else...6 figures for $115 works out to $19. A Legends assortment goes for $24 per figure. Just goes to show the relative demand I guess.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  16. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

IMO McFarlane has one of the best looking toys out there.

17. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    The Starfire wave? Weird. I was able to put an order in without any issues.

18. RKillian

News Credits:
    BBTS_DCMV_W11.png

• Like Like x 2
  19. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
  20. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    So I’ll ask again but is the Multiverse movie Shazam suppose to be a Walmart exclusive or not? Nobody, not Walmart or anyone online has him and I’m getting really pissed.

• Like Like x 1