DC Figures Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by MoreThanMeetsTheEye, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    lol with a 32ft long cape. He says he's the only one that knows what's going on with it.

Crazy that he ended up with the license...maybe it'll finally get him to make another fully articulated Spawn figure finally...since Batman had a crossover with him back in the day.

Also like to see a Deathstroke.

• Like Like x 2
  2. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    If they're bailing on the real BTAS line to do these what-ifs that nobody asked for instead, I think I'll just cancel TwoFace and Scarecrow now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Wonder if the 4H would work with McFarlane again, only this time on the DC line.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry man but which line is to release TwoFace and Scarecrow? I’m out of the loop of the various DC offerings by the different companies.

It would be great! Tbh I’m on the fence with getting McFarlane puts out...nothing against him or his company but I really don’t want to re-start my DC collection again, with different aesthetics.

I know the DCUC have outdated articulation but they do look good in vanilla poses and the line-up is good.

• Like Like x 1
  5. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    DCC’s BTAS. They’ve still got them, grey ghost, hardac, and the batcycle on deck for release over the next 6 months or so.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    DCC should have been able to sustain their Animated line with Justice League but whoever decided to make that line a tie in exclusive to the DC sub just effectively killed em.

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I'm sure it's Warner Brothers. They're the ones who wanted to do everything to launch their own streaming service to try to justify/incentivise the price. On a similar tangent, I really do wonder how often DCC got hampered by WB management.

8. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks man! Tbh I only picked up Bats, Robin, Joker and the Batmobile. I gave up because of the reported QC issues.

9. Drangleic

Drangleic Insult to injury

Hey, at least it's not as bad as Multiverse figures. Mattel just don't even give a f#ck anymore. :lol 

I literally burst out laughing in the toy isle when I saw the Suicide Squad Harley Quinn back when that was out. It looked like a 5th grader painted it.

10. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Yeah, Multiverse is mostly comple garbage. Last one I got was Bizzaro just because I like that character more than Superman and I have the Lobo wave in my POL but I think that’s it for me. I think MLs are pretty bad in general...I went through three packs of Thor/Sif today and every one of them had globs of paint slopped on either all over Thor’s chest or Sif’s bracelets or both. But they still look high end compared with Multiverse.

• Like Like x 1
  11. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

I bought Spoiler, and when I got her home, one of her knees/lower-thighs was assembled backwards, so it basically couldn't bend either direction. So messed up. And the paint was atrocious. She wasn't even worth the clearance price I paid. The worst QC ML ever wasn't as bad as current Multiverse figures. It's a shame Hasbro couldn't get that license too and make DC Legends. It would just be more fun sculpts and interchangeable parts for customization. While I have little hope that McFarlane can build functional action figures next year, at least they'll be pretty DC statues. o_O  But I guess my wallet is glad that hasbro only has the Marvel side :D 

12. Drangleic

What makes no sense to me is that the Universe Classics sculpts and paint were better. Like a lot. How did it get worse instead of better?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  13. RKillian

News Credits:
    Mattel is just cutting more corners. Spoiler was probably the worst looking DC figure I've seen in a long time.

It's funny. When a company is in trouble (Mattel's stock dropping all the way down to $9 suggests they're in trouble), the reaction is almost always to ruin the product. It's safer than it sounds because there's such a disconnect between the parties involved. Nobody on the supply side really cares what the product ends up like. It's just a toy, like the hundred other toys Bob the Corporate Buyer chooses with his trusty dartboard.

It might be part of why they're so crazy hostile to small buyers. I'm a fan, so I looked closely at everything solicited, and didn't order it if it looked like dogshit.

• Like Like x 1
  14. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Might also be that they changed factories since DCUC so that would explain the paint. As for the sculpts, aren't there a lot more unique sculpts in the Multiverse line than DCUC? DCUC kept trotting out that same buck over and over since they knew they could milk it.

15. Drangleic

Universe had good face sculpts and good CnC (BAF) sculpts. Yeah, they reused parts ad nauseam but I'd rather that than the multiverse dollar store style.

16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Not all that is seen is truth. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    While it's true that a lot of Multiverse has been... pretty bad... I just recently picked up 90's Kyle and Rebirth Wonder Woman. I would actually put both of them on par with any of the best Legends that I have. Both are on new sculpts with better articulation than Mattel is usually known for... they have fucking ankle rockers... when was the last time Mattel DC figures had ankle rockers?! Also, mine are painted just as good as most Legends. Unfortunately, knowing that these are parts of the final waves from Mattel and that the guy who worked on them was let go (most likely because Mattel lost the license) it's really too little too late for Mattel DC figures, but if the last couple of waves are as good as these two than I'll be picking them up. At least the upcoming Nightwing, Starfire and Rebirth Flash Wally... possibly Hawkgirl too.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Good to hear this.

• Like Like x 1
  18. RKillian

News Credits:
    Is it terrible that I'm considering ordering a case for Starfire and attempting a no-receipt return at Walmart for the others?

19. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Not all that is seen is truth. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Haha. Well, we don't know who exactly is in the wave with her, but I doubt you'll have an issue with Wal-Mart accepting your returns... oh the things I saw when I was a manager there. :lolol 

20. Drangleic

Hey, I'll be glad to be wrong here. IllI check out that WW. Always down for WW figures.

Is the Vixen any good?