DC Figures Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by MoreThanMeetsTheEye, Dec 24, 2007.

1. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

ok thanks...frustrating but i guess i can wait until november. also seems Marvel legends isn't really 6" scale either...more like "around 6".

2. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So what figure lines are going on right now?

I've lost track for awhile.

3. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Solicitations for the Icons figures are out, and now we know exactly the comic arcs these looks are taken from:

DC's July / November 2015 COLLECTIBLES Solicitations | Newsarama.com

For example, the Batman is from Last Rites, the Deadman is from Brightest Day.

Deluxe Hal Jordan is only $29.95 too, so $5 more than a regular figure.

We also get to see what accessories everyone comes with. Looks like Black Adam's got some lightning, for example, and almost everyone has extra hands.

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I'm simply one hell of a butler. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Icons looks great. It's what DCUC could have been if Mattel and Nightdich actually gave a rats ass.

I'm all in on this line for sure. Makes it easier that I dropped out of DCUC when they moved away from BAF waves and started pushing Club Infinite Earths. Of course... Having been a long time MOTUC subscriber I finally decided I was done being in an abusive relationship with Mattel!

5. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Strange, I could have sworn Flash was supposed to be in Wave 1. Looks like there is nothing in W1 I'll be buying.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The Icons line does look like it'll start off rather well. I appreciate that they're including the title of the comic that each figure is based on. Hopefully they'll be able to keep the line diverse while keeping sales high enough to keep the line going for a good long time.

I'm nolonger sure that I'll get this Batman, as I'm curious to see what other Batman designs they might do in future waves, but that Green Arrow will be a must-have. Hopefully they'll release a Black Canary to go with him.

The Deluxe Green Lantern figure looks great, though I kinda wish it wasn't Hal Jordan. The size of it while armoured up makes me wonder what other Deluxe figures they might do in the future. More characters with more/larger accesories wouldn't be bad, but I hope they do some of the larger characters ,like Bane, as-well.

7. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

I think I'll skip the first wave, a bit tempted by Batman and Green Arrow, but not that much, and Deadman and Mister Miracle remain too absolutely terrible choices for a first wave. It's a nice Green Arrow I will give it that.

8. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If it was the classic version of Mister Miracle, I would buy him, but that version, not so much.

I agree though that the choices for a first wave are not that great.

9. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I reckon we'll be hearing about a Reverse Flash figure for CW's Flash at some point, but what I'm curious about is what he'll look like. I'm not exactly sure how it could be done, but I find myself really wanting a "vibrating" version (don't go there!) where he is a blur. It is fantastically menacing in the show and would be cool to see attempted as a figure (rather, a statue might be a better medium)

10. raiden225005

raiden225005 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  11. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I'm curious to see how this pans out LEGO-wise, if they put this in with the regular LEGO DC Superheroes or put it in as a co-line to LEGO Friends similar to what Elves is now.

But yeah, the figures will probably be more like Barbie/Monster High/Bratz/She-Ra type rather than the Marvel/DC/MOTU type

12. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

I like the idea, I just hope we don't see a situation where female characters are basically segregated to the girls like and male characters to the boy line. There are plenty of women who want collector figures of the characters too. It shouldn't be either/or. But it is great to see DC trying to cater to its female fans like this.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That's the one potential flaw I see for this line. It sounds like it'll be entirely female characters, much like the Evergreen and Total Heroes lines have been all male characters. Though who knows, maybe once they've found their footing they might introduce a "Ken" or two.

14. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    My wife and I were talking about this when the announcement went up. She collects Monster High (I must admit to enjoying the line myself) and if it ends up being as diverse and with the design style of Monster High and Ever After High she was saying she might bit. She'd love a Babes and Harley doll with Dick and Mr. J dolls to go with them.

The fear everyone probably has is this is Mattel and if they've managed to do anything with the DC license it's totally mismanage it. Boys don't like girl toys and girls don't like boy dolls is still their mentality to a certain degree. And while lines like Monster High and Ever After High have broken that mold it took a lot of yelling from the Monster High fandom to make it happen. So here's hoping it actually ends up diverse like many fans want

15. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

Just bought the 6" Arkham Knight Harley Quinn figure, what an awesome toy. Great sculpt, great articulation (I appreciate the ab crunch being so well hidden), great accessories, great paint. I hope they do a Batgirl this good.

17. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Question: Are the Arrow, Flash and Arkham Knight figures ture 6" figures? Like would they fit in with Mattel's DCUC and DCC's upcoming Icons line? Or are these lines like DCC's other "six inch" lines where they're actually more like 7" figures?

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    A Batgirl would be nice, but I really hope they do an Oracle figure first.
    They're considered 7" scaled figures, so they'll be too tall compared to DCUC and the upcoming Icons line. That said, I think the Arkham and TV figures they're doing would make for one nice looking shelf of characters.

19. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Sold my entire DC Universe collection years ago, but had the opportunity to pick up a grail I never got so I went for it -- DC Universe Classics Lobo.

He is as awesome as I thought he would be.

20. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Nice job! I hope you didn't pay too ridiculous a price for it.