DC Figures Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by MoreThanMeetsTheEye, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I love it! Joker with a fish vs. Batman! Classic!

2. MoreThanMeetsTheEye

MoreThanMeetsTheEye Well-Known Member

Awesome pics!
    I finally scored a set last night! I've been stalking this WM nearest me for about 2 weeks and hit the jackpot!
    I love Manbat and Joker!

3. King_Manta

King_Manta Well-Known Member

Mattel has the master license. Dc Direct can only create artist-specific toys now. That's why everything is based on a specific book or artist rendition, instead of general characters as they were in the past.

History of the Dc Universe is sort of a catch-all toyline for Dc Direct. It allows them to make anyone they want under the banner of it being based on the George Perez guidebook/comic. The problem is that they tried to do the Mattel stock-part thing. Without any BAFs and having a four-figure wave assortment, History of the DCU is looking pretty thin in comparison. Wave 5 is full of nonsense(Except J'onn).

For four figure assortments, coming from a company notorious for cancelling lines around 3 waves, they really should be focusing on core characters, not Superman as Nightwing and ugly Charleton Captain Atom.

When has any Captain Atom toy ever sold? or Superman variant?

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    I fear it's far from it.

I've got three of Batman's rougues, I can't just stop there. I might go back and pick up some DCSH, and maybe grab Penguin, and Riddler, and then I still have to wait for a Poison Ivy...

Over? Why my dear delusion dark... Smkspy... it hasn't even begun.

5. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Well, at least you only suffer from a mild case of DCUC obsession, unlike most of us that obsess over all of them.

6. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol anytime split happy you got him ok:) 

7. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, guess who found the a complete case of wave 10 out on the shelves. Everything was there, but I had neither enough interest or money to get the whole wave. All I could get was the figure I wanted the most, Joker. Haven't opened him yet but he looks pretty sweet. I should probably get a Batman figure one of these days to go with him. OH HOW WILL WILL I EVER FIND A DC BATMAN FIGURE!

Anyway, since I won't be getting Imperiex, does anyone here want his leg from Joker? $5 + shipping sound fair?

8. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

Wasn't the Charleton version, but I've never seen the silver DCUC Cap Atom in the store, and the only Supermen variants I've consistently seen were the crappy "energy" versions. Of course, DC Direct isn't making DCUC-level toys by any stretch.

And love the comic, Split. Hilarious. I just finished playing through Arkham Asylum, and forgot how great Harley Quinn was.

9. SupremeGrimlock

SupremeGrimlock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still can't find a Manbat or Beastboy, can anyone help?

10. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

just like the last wm exclusive wave, i haven't seen wave 10 at all at any local wm's. of course i haven't seen a hawkgirl or green arrow either for that matter. this line is a total joke. first off, what's the point of having an "exclusive" wave when it seems like most wm's never even get the damn figs EVER? at least the ones by me. secondly, why don't they just ship out more figs to the damn stores? don't they know that this line is popular and in demand? i seriously don't get it. sorry for the vent but i'm just sick of never seeing anything new from this line ever and it's not like i want every wave in its entirety, just a fig or two here and there. hell, sometimes it just seems like my area which pisses me off even more.

11. King_Manta

King_Manta Well-Known Member

Drown in wave 10 here...but all my walmarts are an hour away, which makes it impossible to do pickups for anyone.

12. DaveKyzer

DaveKyzer Well-Known Member

I got the new Batman today, and left behind a Joker for tomorrow, the only ones viable for a pickups are the 4 Powergirls they have an over abundance of.

13. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Awesome pics, SL! Glad you finally got your Mista J.

If they're so far away you couldn't possibly pick any up for anyone, how do you know they're drowning in them?

Also, since you continue to ignore my request for a link for the Public Enemies thing, I'm just going to assume you made it up. Just like everything you've ever said about wave ten.

14. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    well form the looks of other boards looks like wave 11 is slowly coming out, im also not pleased there are WGSH bats, supes, and flash mixed in them grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

15. MoreThanMeetsTheEye

Found wave 10 last night after many trips back and fourth to WM. Here are some pics of my DCU/DCSH collection.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. MoreThanMeetsTheEye

[​IMG]

17. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    im soooo stealing your cards and fish idea hah, when i opened him at my gf's i was able to balance the cards in his hand perfect but here at my house they just fall.... :( 

18. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    There's no balance trick needed. Just wedge the thickest part into the right hand between the index finger and thumb.

19. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've already nearly lost the cards once. So... tiny....

20. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    I keep them in a box when I'm not using them. The hand of cards doesn't really look right. Joker looks best just standing there.

On an unrelated note: now that I'm done with current DCUC characters for the time being, I'm going to start collecting the other Batman rouges after Christmas. Out of the ones in DCSH/DCUC, which would you guys recommend? Mr. Freeze looks pretty cool, and I already have Joker, Harley and Clayface.