DC Figures Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by MoreThanMeetsTheEye, Dec 24, 2007.

1. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

McFarlane’s store. It wasn’t supposed to arrive until March. I have no idea why it shipped early. It’s still listed as a preorder on the site.

2. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh. I ordered the full wave. No movement.

3. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    This head reminds of Patrick Warburton who I've always thought would make a good golden age Superman or Shazam

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    You saw the credit card commercials where he played Superman opposite Jerry Seinfeld, right?

He did the voice and modeled for the animation, I think.

• Like Like x 5
  5. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Whaaaaaaaaa?! :eek: 

• Like Like x 4
  6. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This line is getting frustrating and dumb.

• Like Like x 5
  7. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So what about McF TDK Catwoman?
    What about the difference between Platinum & Regular version?
    And are Platinum easy to get? Coz their also calling it as "Chase" figure.
    So if it's a Chase, is this 1 in million chances getting in on case?
    So how come those Youtube Reviewers got their hands on Platinum Anne Hathaway and Platinum Batman HK Dive no problems?

8. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

That was him? I had no idea.

Is there a regular version of the Anne Hathaway Catwoman? I thought the only two were the Platinum version and the one that comes with the Batpod. I hope I’m wrong. Am I?

• Like Like x 1
  9. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    The Platinum vs. regular Catwoman is her goggle position. I believe the version with the Batpod has adjustable goggles.

There's also a Platinum vs. regular "Skydive" DKR Batman. Regular is unmasked Bale. Platinum is masked (like the BAF Bale with rubber cape and the 6 pack Bale with soft cloth cape) only this one has a semi-stiff fabric cape with a posing wire.

I'd honestly be fine if they wanted to make something like cape material the basis for Platinun chases.

I just want the actual figure I paid for, particularly the more expensive and nonreturnable the figure is.

Throw in a variant signed trading card, a special stand (with lights even; they have tooling from the blacklight figures), a different cape material.

But I want the figure to be the figure I paid for.

Anything blindboxed should be cheap and warn people of content variations.

Want to do a blindbox? Energy effects and weapons in $5 boxes might be cool. $40 figures are not.

If you must do rare variant figs, make them separate "lucky draw" items on RunEQL and maybe have regular versions have a code for bonus chances.

I don't even care about stuff being rare or having to hunt for sone stuff or enter a drawing.

But I want my $40 figure to be what was advertised. Take those chases and find another distribution strategy.

• Like Like x 3
  10. therealsharky

therealsharky Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. AcademyofDrX

AcademyofDrX BM & IDW2 apologist, team clear windows

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I know I complained about this earlier, but even if they're not going to be distributing these more sensibly, it would be very helpful if McFarlane at least consistently communicated the existence of variants and their frequency in advance. It seems to me that "chase" is the same thing as "short-packed." It's not the nineties anymore, online retail and the volatile secondary market do not make chasing fun, at least not for most people.

I got the Nolan Skydive and Catwoman Platinum figures from BBTS yesterday, and I'm expecting the Bat-Pod Skydive two-pack and Spectre later today. I should soon know whether I have everything I wanted or if I'll need to re-home two figures. If I get the Green Lantern Spectre, you'll all be the first to know.

I'm not being proactively angry because Spectre isn't core to my collection anyway. I'm Bat-centric with a Vertigo/magic backup (e.g. Constantine, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Deadman. I would add figures like Zatanna or classic Demon if they ever get made.) The Spectre seems like a good fit with them, but no one would notice him missing.

• Like Like x 2
  12. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

Ebay:
    Spotted some pics of the BVS Batman and I'm wondering if there's any way to salvage this thing by using a shorter neck peg:
    Batman_V_Superman_Dawn_Of_Justice_Batman_By_MCUcollector24_09__scaled_800.jpg

Source:
    via Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice DC Multiverse Batman Action Figure Video Review And Images

It seems like the proportions on this figure are all off from each other, the head too small for the neck and sits too high up, the cowl neck too thick while trying to accommodate the cape which isn't wide enough, the chest isn't broad enough, the torso doesn't have the design of the original, the belt's too high (and the wrong color), and the standard McFarlane leg issues.

I dunno how they could get this close yet still miss it so heavily. I think I'm still gonna ship my preorder but I'm not totally sure at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  13. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    is there really a regular Catwoman? I haven't seen any pics yet, just the platinum version

• Like Like x 1
  14. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

Ebay:
    I tried a "quick" photoshop moving the BVS head down, 40 minutes later means not quick. Anyway, I looked at as much reference as I could but there's a lot of problems finding solid reference on this. Even the Hot Toys isn't a solid match to the film design, which is rare. A lot of the problem is McFarlane's utterly massive traps and neck part, this part is way too high and doesn't create a convincing shoulder line, especially this look's wide-shouldered line that should be a lot more square up top, that's a big element to what makes this look so unique. Left is the original, middle is as low as I think the head would be with a swapped out peg, and right is where I think it should be in relation to the chest if it was accurate to the reference image at the bottom, which is roughly scaled to the photo.

bvs-bats copy.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  15. AcademyofDrX

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    This is my conclusion, not grounded in any insider knowledge: Catwoman is a Platinum release because she seems to be short-packed as one in the case of six total including Batfleck and Skydive.

16. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    The Skydive cases have a Platinum with masked and wired cape Bale.

17. AcademyofDrX

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Right, though we still don't know, as far as I can tell, what ratio those are packed in. E.g. is it one Skydive Platinum variant per case or less. I'm assuming the rate for Catwoman is one per six based on the EE listing, but I don't know.

Where I'm going with this is that "Platinum" does not seem to necessarily indicate a variant, it may just indicate that it has a lower quantity per case than a "normal" figure, whatever that means.

18. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    When has it ever been anything but a variant?

Heck, the only ones I can remember with sculptural differences was Swamp Thing. I actually think there's some kind of logistics reason for them to have the same weight as standard versions.

19. AcademyofDrX

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That's what I'm saying, right now! We have confirmation that DKR Catwoman is in every case ordered from EE. We know the figure in those images matches the Platinum one offered by McFarlane Toy Store and BBTS. There is zero evidence to date of any other Catwoman release outside of the Bat-Pod pack-in. I think Platinum means chase, not variant, and we didn't know until now because this is the first example of a non-variant chase release. There is also a Platinum variant in these cases with Skydive, but that may or may not be simple short-packing. I'm inclined to think it's not, because the EE listing does not promise the Skydive variant in every case, while it does promise a Catwoman.

20. AcademyofDrX

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Phew! And the Skydive with the Bat-Pod was the standard release, so all five of the figures I ordered are different and the ones I intended to collect. You wouldn't think that would be so hard, and yet!
    1000000720.jpg

Last edited: Feb 27, 2024
    • Like Like x 1