DC Figures Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by MoreThanMeetsTheEye, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Flapjacks

Flapjacks Well-well-well Member

I'd be interested to read this.

2. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would also be interested in hearing the full story.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    Just found these two
    20210909_151415.jpg

No burt ward

• Like Like x 2
  4. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Sure, let's hear it! Thanks for sharing. My friend was taking photos for Hasbro and said something similar. Mainly that they don't really want to pay and basically make talented photographers compete about who will do more for less. Sounds like the record label industry.

5. Kamen Ranger Bat

Kamen Ranger Bat Don’t hassle the Hoffimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Handle):
    So as the story goes. My brothers friend got the job as mcfarlane’s toy photographer. His office was literally like 2 doors over. Ready to make the move from NJ to AZ and everything. He shows up on his first day and when walking into his new office, there’s a bunch of released and not-even-announced-for-the-time (I may have seen some toys that still haven’t been announced) figures just thrown in piles on the floor. As he’s sorting them, he asks one of his coworkers what he’s supposed to do as his supervisor hadn’t even shown up yet. So according to his coworker, there is no known deadline on the photos for the figures and is only found out a couple days before it’s due. Problem is you’re not told what’s gonna be due and when so you almost have to do as many figures as you can as fast as you can and pretend it’s due tomorrow. Now right away that’s a bit stressful. Nevermind the fact that the previous guy who he took the place of left the office a disaster and was severely disorganized and he had not even been introduced to his supervisor by lunch. His salary wasn’t that great either although he would have had health benefits. Iirc he ended up quitting after working only 5 hours. It’s too much pressure, no organization, for not enough pay. Basically the people that probably do these photos are ones that just need the money and couldn’t care less about what they are handling.

• Like Like x 6
  6. bearytrek

News Credits:
    20210909_170723.jpg

Mattel figs a bit taller...some good and bad things in comparison of the McFarlane...
    McF Joker has a neck, but lacks the pinstripes on his pants...the likenesses of Adam West and Cesar Romero are pretty good, a tad better than Mattel's in West's case and much better in Romero's...

20210909_171020.jpg

i don't miss the ab crunch or the side-leg swing so much...none of them really got into extreme poses, but it would have been nice to have a bit more range in the legs...

the onomatopeia effects are pretty fun accessories, but would have preferred some bat-equipment...

20210909_175345.jpg

Batman blends in pretty well with the Mattel Robin & Batgirl, though the scales are not right

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Johnny1378

Johnny1378 Well-Known Member

Appreciate the comparison pics! I agree that there are elements of the Mattel versions and the McFarlane versions that I like. I’ve never cared for that ab crunch that Mattel put on their Batman figure, but I think Mattel did a much better job with the capes than McFarlane did.

8. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Got the date for my Year 2 Batman.
    unknown (11).png

• Like Like x 2
  9. bearytrek

News Credits:
    yes, the Mattel capes are loads better than McFarlane's...still not sure if they scalloped Robin's cape since I haven't seen one in person, but that's a huge boo-boo...

• Like Like x 1
  10. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I did preorder Professor Zoom but I want to know if/when more of the Titans are coming.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

Where did you preorder from? I still can’t find him on Amazon.

12. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    IIRC it didn’t have much range though it looks like it was cut to enable more range than it actually does. I also remember they were designed in-house without 4H assistance which might explain things.

On Instagram some who have the new 66 Batcave and Batmobile are raving about it. They’re getting better reviews than the figures. I read they’re a good fit for the old Super Powers figures. Going by that, they in turn will probably look good alongside the many Kenner DC figures released in the 90s from the Batman movies and various DC cartoon series.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Blot

Blot The most disgusting of all Transformers.

News Credits:
    Does anyone have the Superman Devastator two pack? On the base, is there a hole or a foot peg piece in it on Superman's side of the base? Most reviews show a hole on the base, but a couple show a foot peg piece in the hole. Looking on eBay at in-package samples, 90% seem to have the hole, but a couple have the foot peg piece in there. I'm curious how yours is? Was the piece loose in the box or maybe got pushed too deep in the hole? Was it just included in a particular run?

I bought a set on sale on Amazon and and wondering what to expect.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  15. RobimusPrime

RobimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  16. bearytrek

News Credits:
    Stonestown San Francisco

Saw another couple Jokers at Colma TARGET yesterday...went to four that purported to have limited stock of Robin but came away empty yesterday and today

Would not surprise me if its a case of two each as one store was supposed to have 2 Robins

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    Hes gonna go back up for PO soon.
    Screenshot_20210912-124302_Instagram.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Hi guys. I've started looking at the Macfarlane figures for DCCU and wondering if you guys have any experience or feedback about them? Specifically looking at Wonder Woman 1984 and Superman from the comics (sorry, I don't know the full name. Issue 1000 I think?). Possibly movie Flash and the Batman Beyond too. I want them to go alongside the DC Direct Arkham Asylum/city figures. Would they fit in with those in terms of size? I don't mind if it's not super accurate to comic or movie scale, as long as they are roughly the same height.

I've also recently learnt about Beast Kingdom wonder woman which comes with her sword and shield. That's a big plus for me and it looks a little more like Gal Gadot, but it's also twice as much and some of the reviews say it's not as poseable as the macfarlane one. The Macfarlane one looks close enough for me, even if it's not 100%.

What are the durability like on these? I've had both catwoman and riddler from dc direct arkham city break at the shoulders due to their use of clear plastic in the joint, and I don't want to have that happen again.

I know pretty much nothing about DC figures so was just hoping to get some opinions and feedback about them.

19. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    I'll help you end your quest and tell you now that they won't scale. Mcfarlane DC Multiverse is a 7-inch line so they all end up towering of the old DCUC figures.

Here is an example with 1000 Superman is the one in the middle and DCUC standard scale is all the way to the left.
    Supes.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Yikes. That's way off. Just to confirm, these are the dcuc ones you mean that would be way too small?
    [​IMG]

As that's the series I've already got.