DC Comics Discussion

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Tekkaman Blade, May 31, 2011.

1. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I had a family member who passed away from pancreatic cancer, so I can only give my best wishes to him and his family that he has as comfortable a final few months as possible.

Ironically, I just ordered the final trade that finishes up his WW run just a few days ago.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sorry for your family's loss.

I hope George Perez enjoys the time he has left in this world, and be happy with the impact he has left behind with his work.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  4. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  5. Issy543

News Credits:
  6. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Screenshot_20211208-162327~2.png

• Like Like x 9
  7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
  8. Issy543

News Credits:
    Batman, Robin, and Deathstroke, Inc. crossover in latest DC event Shadow War | GamesRadar+

The DC worlds (and ongoing series) of Batman, Robin, and Deathtroke, Inc. collide beginning in March in the three-month crossover event Shadow War, which kicks off with a Shadow War Alpha #1 special on Tuesday, March 29.

If you're saying to yourself, "waitaminute, don't Batman, Robin, and Deathtroke, Inc already have something in common?" you'd be right. It's the prolific Joshua Williamson who writes all three series and of course is writing Shadow War.

The publisher promises William's epic will have "major ramifications" for the DC Universe.

Written by Williamson, the 48-page Shadow War Alpha #1 (cover price $6.99) is drawn by Viktor Bogdanovic (Detective Comics).

When Slade Wilson commits his latest 'unthinkable act', Talia al Ghul and the League of Shadows are out to end Deathstroke and Deathstroke Inc. for good. Only Batman and Robin can track down Slade down and bring him to justice before Talia gets his hands on him.

The special features a main cover by Jonboy Meyers (see above), with variant covers by Bogdanovic and Dan Mora.

Shadow War Alpha is proceeded by a couple of preludes - March 22's Robin #12 by Williamson and artist Roger Cruz and Deathstroke Inc. #7 by Williamson and artist Stephen Segovia.

Robin #12 features a Damian Wayne finally returning to Gotham City after the end of the Lazarus Tournament a changed man, but according to DC have on more opponent to battle to the death - Damian Wayne!

Huh?

Robin #12 has a cover by Bogdanovic with variant covers from Francis Manapul and Crystal Kung.

Then Deathstroke Inc. #7 guest stars Slade Wilson's daughter Rose Wilson, AKA Ravager (AKA a cast member of Robin) in a father-daughter face-off. Rose wants to know why her old man has proclaimed himself "King of the Super-Villains," and the mysterious Respawn (also from Robin) comes along for the ride to find out!

DC promises this is the issue where "past secrets are exposed," leading to a cliffhanger leading directly into Shadow War.

Howard Porter provides the main cover, with variants covers by Ivan Tao and Acky Bright.

Interestingly, Shadow War doesn't hit the Batman title until April, so the only information you get there is the story continues in Aprils Batman #122, along with Deathstroke Inc. #8 and Robin #13, and then concludes in May with Batman #123, Shadow War Zone #1, Deathstroke Inc. #9, and Robin #14, and as you promised guessed, wraps up in the bookend Shadow War Omega #1.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    And that's why I don't read any of those three series. I haven't read a single thing by him that ever reached better than mediocre.

IMO, the biggest impact these book have on the DCU is that Williamson's Deathstroke Inc. replaced a Deathstroke series by infinitely better writer Christopher Priest. Which is a fucking tragedy and travesty.

10. Issy543

News Credits:
    Personally, I've enjoyed Joshua Williamson as a writer. He hooked me with his The Flash run,
    so I'm excited to read this event.

However, I think it's a bit early for these title to crossover yet. 1 year is too soon, in my opinion, as he's just begun his Batman run this week, and Deathstroke and Robin are in the middle of their own storylines (which are wrapping up soon). But we'll see how he handles this crossover.

11. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, I've heard good things about the Robin series but this is kind of turning me off. Or at least wait this event finishes up to check it out.

Williamson's certainly a workhorse.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Issy543

News Credits:
    DC to Publish Naomi Season 2 in March from Bendis, Walker, Campbell (bleedingcool.com)

Naomi will return this March for Naomi Season 2, a six-issue mini-series written by "The Great One" Brian Bendis and David F. Walker with art by Jamal Campbell. The series picks up following the titular Naomi's appearances in Young Justice and Justice League, and according to DC, will "uncover the truth behind the new mysteries around herself and her powers." Guest stars planned for the series include "Black Adam, Superman, and the Justice League, plus the return of…Zumbado!" The press release goes on to advertise: "Naomi now stands side-by-side with the likes of Superman, Batman, and The Flash, yet at the same time, she still has her small-town life and relationships with her parents and friends to navigate."

"I am so excited that the entire original creative team was able to return to put together this very important chapter in Naomi McDuffie's life and legacy," said The Great One in DC's press release. "Naomi has been thrown into the deep end of life and the series is about that. What Naomi is going through in the superhero universe is what a lot of people go through in the real world. All the sudden you're in over your head and things are expected of you and there are still so many questions and mysteries about her parents, birth world, powers and the world she grew up in. You're in for lots of surprises!"

"It feels really good to be working with Jamal and Brian again," said Walker. "All three of us are in very different places professionally and personally in our lives, and that brings an invigorating energy to the creative process as we chronicle this next chapter in Naomi's adventures. The first story we wrote was about Naomi learning who she really is, and now this story is all about unpacking the realities of what it means to be a Super Hero."

"Despite being apart for a bit, we've all used that time to think about where we want to take Naomi and her story after Season One," said Campbell. "And now we can hit the ground running, creatively refreshed and ready to continue where we left off."

Naomi Season 2 #1 hits stores on March 8th, 2022.

NAOMI SEASON TWO #1
    Written by Brian Michael Bendis and David F. Walker
    Art & Cover by Jamal Campbell
    3.99 US | 32 Pages | 1 of 6
    On Sale 3/8/22

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

George Pérez opens up about his fans, his legendary career, and his terminal illness | GamesRadar+

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Naomi's alright, but damn it, I thought they would have knocked off this TV Seasons junk by now. Nothing more than a personal pet peeve, but it makes me roll my eyes whenever a book does this.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    It will be even more confusing when the Naomi tv series comes out and also has a season one and season two.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Issy543

News Credits:
    The War For Earth-3 Crossover Event Is Coming To DC Comics (Exclusive) (screenrant.com)

The War For Earth-3 is coming to DC Comics. Next year, a handful of comics will crossover in a brand new event that will see heroes and villains take on the characters of Earth-3. The War For Earth-3 will take place in the pages of Teen Titans Academy, The Flash, and Suicide Squad, with two issues bookending the crossovers.

The War For Earth-3 will be centered on Amanda Waller's quest for power in the DC Universe. The synopsis for War For Earth-3 #1 reveals that the Crime Syndicate will hunt down the former Task Force X leader, leading to Teen Titans, the Flash, and Suicide Squad colliding on Earth-3. The Titans and Flash will be searching for a missing student who they believed was taken by Waller to be part of her Justice Squad team. War For Earth-3 #1 will be written by Robbie Thompson and Dennis Hopeless, with art by Steve Pugh. The crossover will feature connecting covers from Rafa Sandoval (seen below). The issue will feature variants from Gleb Melnikov, Liam Sharp (1:25), and Guillen March (1:50).

Meanwhile, Suicide Squad #13 by Thompson, Hopeless, Eduardo Pansica, Julio Ferreira, and Dexter Soy will feature Rick Flag's Squad trying to make Waller pay for her crimes. However, Waller is armed with her own Suicide Squad consisting of Match, Talon, and more to-be-revealed characters. In addition, the issue features a variant cover from Melnikov.

The Flash #780 by Thompson, Hopeless, Pasarin, and Matt Ryan will feature Wally West helping Teen Titans Academy track down their missing student. However, the Flash will encounter trouble after running into Earth-3's speedster, Johnny Quick. The standard cover for the issue is by Nikola Cizmesija. In addition, the issue features a variant cover by Max Dunbar.

Teen Titans Academy #13 by Thompson, Hopeless, and Mike Norton will see the heroes of the school try to save a student before it's too late. The synopsis teases an "impossible choice" for them. The issue features a variant cover from Pamela Hoogeboom.

The War on Earth-3 #2 finale by Thompson, Hopeless, and Soy will feature a deadly battle between the Crime Syndicate, Teen Titans, and the Flash - as Waller's plan to take over Earth-3 is well underway.

The War For Earth-3, taking place in the pages of Suicide Squad, Teen Titans Academy, and The Flash, will begin in March 2022. The crossover event will run through the month's first day, starting with War For Earth-3 #1 and ending with War For Earth-3 #2 on March 29, 2022. The exciting event will set the stage for what's coming next in each of the titles featured in the crossover.

upload_2021-12-13_19-5-40.png
    upload_2021-12-13_19-5-50.png upload_2021-12-13_19-5-56.png upload_2021-12-13_19-6-3.png upload_2021-12-13_19-6-12.png

• Like Like x 4
  16. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They've been setting this story up for a while now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    DC’s Batman/Superman comic returns in 2022 from legend Mark Waid

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  18. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    The high-five, bitchslap and Nicholas Cage covers are awesome.

19. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Which one is the Nicholas Cage cover? Are you referring to the one with Jerry Seinfeld in the 60s batmobile?

• Like Like x 2
  20. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I think you are correct, that is Seinfeld.