DC Comics Discussion

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Tekkaman Blade, May 31, 2011.

1. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

This is loads better than the New 52 design, a lot closer to the original. I don't mind the two-tone but you could easily get rid of the darker red. Maybe keep the seams. I like the uncomplicated bolt on his chest, the gauntlets, the boots are much better than those gold-plated sandals and yet updates the classic pirate boot. The hood I could lose but I don't think I'd want the big collar back.

2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Nah, I much prefer the Gary Frank redesign. This version looks like he's trying out for the X-Men.

3. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DC's new Batman says goodbye to Gotham, and hello to New York City | GamesRadar+

Gotham City has been Batman's home for 80 years, but that will be changing soon as both the original Batman (Bruce Wayne) and DC's new Batman (Jace Fox) are picking up sticks and relocating in 2022.

We already knew Batman is going on a walkabout of sorts, but as for the New Batman, he's moving back to the Batman franchise's original home, New York City.

Detective Comics #27, the Dark Knight was operating in New York City. It wasn't until two years later that Gotham City was introduced as his home city in the pages of Batman #4 and Detective Comics #47.

The newly-minted Batman, Jace Fox, will be making his intentions to leave Gotham in February 8, 2022's I Am Batman #6, with both him and the entire Fox family relocating to New York City. According to DC, upcoming storylines in I Am Batman and the Batman family titles will lead Jace, and his father Lucius - owner of Wayne Enterprises - to agree that their family needs to move.

DC tells Newsarama that this will be a "permanent" move for the I Am Batman title.

"I'm incredibly excited about charting this new direction for Jace and the Fox family," says I Am Batman writer John Ridley. "This new setting is a great opportunity to do some really creative world-building and give Jace his own allies, adversaries, and challenges that will continue to shape and define him as his own character under the cape and cowl."

Titled 'Empire State of Mind,' I Am Batman #6 will be drawn by Ken Lashley, alongside colorist Rex Lokus and letterer Troy Peteri.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Sound like a bad idea taking Batman out of Gotham and then him suddenly showing up in New York the same time his family does. Also sounds like writers who aren't trying to finish story plots they started.

5. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Welcome to the Big Apple, Batman. Or is it welcome back?

• Like Like x 3
  6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Population of 8.4 million, with thousands of people moving into or out of the city every single day, I don't think that's even a tiny issue.

Plus, we've had worse many times. Like Batman suddenly showing up in Europe at the same time Bruce Wayne was in Europe on business. That's happened more than once, and has even been commented on by background characters.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Big sale on Comixology for DC. About this time of year DC runs both a "Road to Black Friday" sale and a "Black Friday Sale." I don't recall one sale being all that different from the other in years past, but if you're missing something from DC, now is a good time to check and see if you can get it on sale.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'll check it out. On another related topic, I guess DC must have worked out some licensing deal, because now they have (most of) the issues of "House of Mystery" featuring Elvira as the host for individual purchase. Still waiting on them to release the rest of "Warlord" myself, but this is a nice consolation.
    Oh, and "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Black Dossier". They have the French version of sale, but not in English.

9. Issy543

News Credits:
    DC makes Aquamen series official for 2022

What's better than an Aquaman but Aquamen?

DC has opened the floodgates on details about the upcoming Aquamen ongoing series, first revealed in a trickle of information at October's DC Fandome 2021 event.

And yes, Aquaman may be one of comic book's biggest badasses, one of the industry's most bankable characters, and Arthur Curry and Jackson Hyde might be two of DC's hottest superhero hunks, but the bad water puns will never stop.

Aquaman: The Becoming, Aquaman/Green Arrow: Deep Target) and Chuck Brown (Black Manta), with artist Sami Basri (Harley Quinn).

The ongoing comic book series picks up on threads that began in The Becoming and Black Manta and involves an Atlantean conspiracy that begins to unravel in the heart of what DC calls "Middle America."

A suicide bomber is revealed as an Atlantean sleeper agent who appears to have gone rogue, but when it begins to become clear the terrorist act wasn't committed by a lone bad actor, but instead was the start of a much deeper and more dangerous chain reaction, Arthur and Jackson team up. But the original Aquaman has secrets of his own - secrets he's keeping from Mera, Tula, Tempest, Atlantis, the surface world, and Jackson himself could cause a rift the new partners and co-Aquaman title holders might not recover from.

And those are the only Aqua-family members that will be playing a role in the series. Judging by the main cover by Travis Moore and the character sketches DC is showing off, Arthur's arch-foe and Jackosn's father Black Manta will play a role, and judging by the interior page the publisher has released, so will Arthur's brother and other arch-foe, Ocean Master.

And those are the only Aqua-family members that will be playing a role in the series. Judging by the main cover by Travis Moore and the character sketches DC is showing off, Arthur's arch-foe and Jackosn's father Black Manta will play a role, and judging by the interior page the publisher has released, so will Arthur's brother and other arch-foe, Ocean Master.

upload_2021-11-17_19-24-0.jpeg

upload_2021-11-17_19-24-15.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  10. Issy543

News Credits:
  11. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  12. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Man, that first issue of WW: Historia is what I've been wanting for WW for years.

• Like Like x 3
  13. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, I can't wait to read this.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    ‘Looks it up’ Ah, so another retelling of WW’s origin. But with a much more mature style I’m guessing? What makes this one special?

15. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It's not really a re-telling of WW's origin, it's story on the history of the Amazons pre-WW. DeConnick said if she gets to do the whole series, the story ends with Steve Trevor crashing on Themyscira.

Main thing that blew me away was Phil Jimenez's art on it.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    I thought I had gotten that wrong…

17. Issy543

News Credits:
  18. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  19. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dammit.

20. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    Man, that hits hard. I hope his remaining time is as happy as possible.

• Like Like x 3