DC Comics Discussion

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Tekkaman Blade, May 31, 2011.

1. Tetratron

Tetratron Well-Known Member

2. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Black Adam is looking less like Dwayne Johnson than expected.

3. Tetratron

Give it time, with COVID, he's still got a few years before some artist suddenly shaves his head and gives him tats. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
  5. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    From the look of things she might be becoming the new Spectre. She looks damn good in white I must say.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Tetratron

If I were to guess probably at the end of Death Metal and solicits for her book in March have her in Valhalla, so looks like a new storyline/status quo.

Not the best way to start one’s 80th anniversary admittedly.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'm surprised more people aren't making a big deal about Booster and Ted being back together. Maybe DC waited too long and nobody cares anymore. Also, Jade and Obsidian being back is a surprise. Wally back as a hero is not a surprise. I wish they did something different with his costume, though. And Damian's poofy sleeves isn't a great look.

Not to mention being the wrong mythology.

But yeah, what better way to help promote the new movie than to take Wonder Woman off the board! More brilliant timing from the marketing geniuses at WB/DC.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tetratron

I kind of like Wally's costume, though I'd probably give him the traditional white eye slits to differentiate him from Barry.
    Well, in fairness the solicit info seems to suggest she's as confused as everyone else of how she ended up the Norse afterlife. Plus I imagine in a universe where seemingly all religions are true, some souls are bound to get mailed to the wrong place. ;) 

9. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Blue and Gold yeah. But until they actually do something with them besides making them background character, I don't care. Yes Wally needs a better outfit, he's long past his kid flash look. Jade and Obsidian are fine, but again how will they use them, we have heard nothing. Damian is better this way than as a robin. They are probably just making Wonder Woman a goddess who can't interfere much or something along those lines. I honestly don't care anymore. Until I read something good again, It's just a image and they need to prove it's worth spending money on the story.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'd go with something like this
    [​IMG]
    or this
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  11. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Wouldn't be the first time in an ongoing continuity. She was killed in battle by Neron during Byrne's run in her title, though there the Gods of Olympus repeated what they did for Hercules in the classic myths and made Diana into The Goddess of Truth.
    1525134-wonder_woman_v2__127___page_20.jpg

...it didn't last long. I believe it was also this event that had Hippolyta take up the Wonder Woman mantle in modern times (If I remember correctly, Hippolyta was also the WW of the 40's in this version of continuity) and had a brief run with the JSA.
    jsa-issue-4-page-18.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  12. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I never liked the white eyes for Wally, because it dehumanizes him and makes his face less emotive. I never thought that was a good idea for him. I'd rather they gave him different colors. His old Kid Flash costume worked because yellow is a good contrast for his red hair. But red costume and red hair is kind of bland. I don't want him to go back to Kid Flash colors, but I'd rather they do something new. The current costume just makes him seem like a junior Barry again, which I think is a disservice to the character. No one seems able to think outside the box. I'd prefer a look that is as different from Barry's as Barry's is from Jay's.

I don't think it's possible to come up with a look that fits Wally's personality LESS than this one. At that point, you might as well give him guns and pouches, too.

13. Tetratron

Yeah, that’s what led to Hippolyta being WW for a bit. I think it was also supposed to be punishment for setting up Artemis to be killed from the previous WML run.

Also that time in the New 52 she became the God of War after killing Ares.

Fair enough. An entirely ground-up different costume would probably be the way to go.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Haunting Your Nightmares in HD

15. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I don't even know how we've come to associate red with super speed at DC anyway. Red isn't the color of lightning or electricity or anything super fast.

16. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    DC Debuts Harley Quinn's New Noir-Inspired Costume

The White Knight series gives Harley Quinn a new suit, to reflect the changes in her life that have ensued in that saga.

In this timeline, the Joker (aka Jack Napier) has reformed and views Batman and his violent methods as the greatest threat facing Gotham, vowing to conquer the city as a politician. After the events of the Curse of the White Knight left the Joker dead and Batman behind bars, an undeniable vacuum was created in Gotham, and the new mother of twins, Harley Quinn, was left for the first time to build herself a new identity. Harley has since been foiling serial killers, working with the FBI and even dealing with an imposter Harley, but mostly the hyena-loving heroine is dissecting the ways her past will affect her future.

Harley's new look omits the classic clown makeup and jester hat and replaces it with black lipstick and a more vigilante-style hood, to better suit her new role as a detective with a dark past. The suit itself features the iconic harlequin diamond patterning in a much more understated grey and black with minimal yellow tactical gear. This choice illustrates the noir themes of the comic as well as overtly mirroring Batman's own suit.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

It's okay I guess. Harley deserves to be more colorful.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    Well, to be fair Wonder Woman 1984 was originally scheduled for release 19 December 2019, so presumably they planned her comic death/ascension/retirement to take place over a year after.

But anyway, speaking of things people aren’t more surprised about, how’s that alternate universe Superman flying under everyone’s radar?

18. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    DC Comics has featured Odin and Thor (a dutiful son) as rivals to the Amazons; I'm not sure on the details but it was something to do with Odin trying to one-up the Amazons with his own Valkyries.

But their appearances were brief, and they got overshadowed by Marvel's versions.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

My guess is that the events of the Endless Winter and the Viking Prince's involvement gets them involved in the DC universe again.

Diana wouldn't be the first Greek goddess to come to Asgard. Right, Marvel Hercules? Right, Kratos?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Deathcatg

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Despite the loss of the classic colors, or even the glowing pink and blue that I've grown accustomed to over the years, I really dig this. Even though this is an Elseworlds universe, between this and the mainstream universe, DC seems to be at least making good on trying to separate Harley from the eternal abused girlfriend role. I don't know how long it'll stick, but kudos for the efforts.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Deathcatg

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    For a while, Thor and the other DC takes on the Norse Gods were also regulated to being supernatural juggernauts summoned by the Nazis, so they fought against the JSA a few times.

• Like Like x 2