DC Comics Discussion

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Tekkaman Blade, May 31, 2011.

1. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That’s the power of Amazon! Ever since I’ve found out that Amazon Kindle deliver their comics at 12:00AM GMT, and that DC Comics and IDW comics are slightly cheaper than ComiXology, I use both services.

Ironically, ComiXology is owned by Amazon, yet they offer two different types of experience...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well, I'll wait till tomorrow afternoon when I pick up my copy to check out that summary.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Doomsday Clock sorta reestablished the pre52 universe without having to do it all the way. While the story was interesting, it's REALLY screwed with continuity.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    tenorThatsBane.gif

• Like Like x 5
  5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Does this mean King's Batman run is over? What a meandering road to nowhere it's been. But the epilogue by the incoming creative team has me even less interested, if that's possible. Here we go with this again.

6. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Geoff Johns Explains the True Importance of Superman, In Comics and Beyond

"Thematically, seeing the truth or not being able to see your blind spots kind of weaves into the whole series and, in a lot of ways, it's about secrets and searches for yourself and others," Johns began. "Manhattan's journey through Doomsday Clock and his story within the DC Universe gets to the heart of who Superman is for me. The truth is, he's the first. He's the first superhero, he's the first DC superhero, he was the spark that created everything like this. He is the beginning of American mythology when it comes to superheroes. He's become inspiration, his symbol is known throughout the world everywhere and it means something to people. And so who Superman is to me is who Superman is just like the world. He's beyond comics, he's beyond a storyline; he's bigger than that and that's what Doomsday Clock is partially exploring."

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    While I wasn't a big fan of the last issue of Shazam, I absolutely adored this issue. It had that good ol' Shazam feeling to it.

8. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Manhattan’s listing of the many future crisis jumped out at me.

Don’t know how much of it will come to pass, but that first one, given its in 2020 seems the most likely. All the others even less so given the distance in the dates. Though that Secret Crisis jumped out at me, cause it’s obvious what that one was. That was wishful thinking for sure though.

• Like Like x 3
  9. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

huh?
    Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 6.55.24 PM.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    That’s obviously referring to
    Marvel’s Thor and Hulk.

• Like Like x 2
  11. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

i know, that's why i liked your first post (after i made mine because i had not read your spoiler). just seemed strange to add in. like you said wishful thinking

• Like Like x 1
  12. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Amazon has a pretty nice sale for DC collections on the Kindle.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

So, how long until DC books catch up to the end of Doomsday Clock?

14. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    It feels a little anti-climactic at this point, but still, it's good to see the pre-Flashpoint DC back at the end of Doomsday Clock 12, more or less. A few things have changed, clearly, but this is what I wanted to see since August 2011 sent DC off into some directions that I really did not enjoy at all. I really enjoyed seeing Superman as the focal point, able to inspire even Dr. Manhattan to care again.

• Like Like x 4
  15. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I read the final issue of Doomsday Clock. Mostly it just made me sad. Sad that two phenomenal talents wasted 2 years of their lives doing a pathetic impersonation of a good comic from 30 years ago. Aping the form and style of other people. What a horrifying waste.

I don't even get the Legion stuff. Now Superman remembers and was friends with the new version of the Legion? Which already overwrites Bendis' use of that Legion from only a month ago in Action Comics, where he clearly has never seen them before? What a clusterfuck. The other thing I hate is that this is a backdoor Crisis event, even though they didn't use the Crisis name this time. Rewriting and soft rebooting continuity again, and it's just as contradictory and creating of more continuity problems than it solves as every previous Crisis. Are they ever going to start learning from previous mistakes? Ever?

16. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    They're going to have to iron out continuity again because things don't make sense anymore. I'm guessing Bendis and Johns didn't really communicate about the situation with the Legion. Still, i'm glad the Pre52 universe is back (more or less).

• Like Like x 1
  17. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I just took a quick look, but it didn't look like the pre-nu-52 Legion.

18. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Weirdly, the pre-New52 Legion was apparently one of the few things to continue into the New 52... kind of. Because that Saturn Girl appeared in Doomsday Clock until she got erased from history. So it's ironic that now that everything else is kind of snapping back to pre-New 52 (maybe even further back in the case of Superman, to before Brainiac killed Pa Kent), the Legion is becoming something totally different.

A long time ago, I used to think Johns could be that one guy with a clear, cohesive vision, who could shape and guide the DCU. I guess Infinite Crisis should have cured me of that notion, but it took a little longer.

But at the same time, I hated losing one of the things I did like about the New 52: Clark being the first super-hero again. Showing Clark decide to become Superman because he was inspired by already existing super-heroes really feels wrong to me. We have the Multiverse again, so why can't we have the Earth-2 heroes on Earth-2 ffs?

19. cyclonus8

cyclonus8 Well-Known Member

I know this is old, but can someone explain the Batman/Catwoman aborted wedding logistics to me?

A lot of people especially the villains know that Selina Kyle is Catwoman. Only a couple of villains like Bain and Ras Al Ghul know that Bruce Wayne is Batman.

So Bruce and Selina are getting married. Joker says to Selina that if she marries Batman, he’ll stop being Batman. So if he knows Selina/Catwoman is getting married to Batman and whoever his secret alter ago is, then I can assume other villains know about the upcoming marriage as well.

So couldn’t an enterprising villian just check the public marriage records to see who Selina Kyle is married to to find out Batman’s identity?

I know Bruce kidnapped a drunk judge to get him to sign off on the marriage because he would forget what he signed. That makes no sense. Someone non drunk government lackey will have to file that document, making it public record.

20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, the whole idea is a little poorly thought out, but oh well. I can't really answer too much about it because even though I did read it, I am in the process of purposely trying to forget everything about it, and I'm doing pretty well. But what I kind of sort of remember about it, I think the idea was that the marriage was going to be between Batman and Catwoman, not Bruce and Selina. So their civilian identities would not be involved or on record. How that was going to work or how it was going to mean anything, I cannot tell you. It's all just awful.

But on a side note, I think they hinted that Joker already knows Batman is Bruce. He just doesn't do anything with it.

• Like Like x 1