DC Comics Discussion

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Tekkaman Blade, May 31, 2011.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    The Marvel Family has included outsiders after all, foster-siblings and blood relations have just as much right if not more.

Dad's suit looks too similar to Professor Zoom's though (as if a lightning bolt isn't enough there has to be a reversed red/gold design).

BTW here's some more info that could lead into the film:

The Marvel Family discovers the Magiclands, aka the Seven Realms of Magic, to which each member is connected (as seen below):
    - The Earthlands - Earth's realm. Billy's realm.
    - The Wildlands - a Zootopia-esque world filled with walking talking animals, where Tawky Tawny the tiger hails from. Darla's realm.
    - The Funlands - a Disneyland realm where kids can have fun for as long as they want. Freddy's realm.
    - The Gamelands - a video game world like Scott Pilgrim's home where people live by playing games. Eugene's realm.
    - The Wozenderlands - a fantasy realm made up of every fairytale ever done. Mary's realm.
    - The Darklands - a nightmare realm filled with worst fears. Pedro's realm.
    - The Monsterlands - currently unknown, but it looks like that may be CC's realm. (Hope he can handle it)

Everything You Need to Know About the Seven Realms in Shazam!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm really curious as to how all this will play into the sequel.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I have to be honest, after a great first couple issues, I have steadily lost all interest in the Shazam book. The one thing I do appreciate about it is that it tries to do something different than other super-hero comics, but it's just not that interesting and it's dragged out beyond belief.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GoLion

GoLion 誰がおならをした

News Credits:
    I don't know why they're still so focused on the new52 version of the Marvel family. Almost all of the other titles have moved away from the new52 versions of the characters.

• Like Like x 1
  4. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    While the slow pace is frustrating, I think the mythology Geoff Johns built up is fascinating enough to keep my interest.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GoLion

GoLion 誰がおならをした

News Credits:
    I disagree. He threw away a lot of good stuff to tell his story. And while it isn't bad, it's not as good as the previous stuff.

6. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Could you detail "the previous stuff" please, or provide links to it?

7. GoLion

GoLion 誰がおならをした

News Credits:
    I think the stuff that was taken away and hurt the overall lore is the stuff with Ibis as well as the stuff with Black Adam and Isis. Don't even get me started on Dudley.

I also think the changes made to CM3 really ruined the character overall.

He seems to be trying to rejigger Black Adam to more closely fit his pre52 persona, though.

The one thing I do like that he's done with the lore, though, is make Shazam (the wizard) an aboriginal shaman. I thought that was cool.

Finally, I think he really screwed up Billy Batson. Billy was a pure child. His purity made him the hero he is. The new52 version still has shades of that, but it's not the same.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the new version, but it's not as unique as the previous version was. In my view.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

I’ll be happy when The Batman Who Laughs arc with his Infected Heroes ends.......I mean, they get cured, right? Year of the Villian happens before Doomsday Clock, right? Right?

• Like Like x 1
  9. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I hadn't even thought of that. It has to, I guess. Which means Luthor will be back to normal soon, too, thank the heavens. But yeah, get these infected garbage books out and done with as quickly as possible, please. I want to close the door on every single in-continuity thing Snyder has done since DC Metals. I haven't liked any of it even slightly. Last Knight on Earth is okay, though.

10. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    You read that long written theory a several pages back? Just little under three weeks till we find out if that pans out.

11. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I did, but I've already forgotten it. :(  But I eagerly await the day when I will have forgotten the actual comics, as well.

12. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  13. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I think Jason Fabok draws Batman comics, but he doesn't read other people's Batman comics. Because just within the past several years, there have been better, more surprising, more "gutsy" Batman comics than any Bat-comic Johns is ever likely to write.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  15. GoLion

GoLion 誰がおならをした

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  16. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I dunno. To me, that's like saying Superman's replacement for Lois Lane is Jimmy Olsen. Both great characters, but they serve different purposes.

And let's not pretend Alfred won't be back. This isn't even the first time he's been dead. I mean, it is the first time in this continuity, but still.

• Like Like x 5
  17. GoLion

GoLion 誰がおならをした

News Credits:
    I'm not sure Superman would go for it.

18. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Nah they would use Lana Lang
    [​IMG]
    They fought over him enough pre-crisis

Of course there are other ways they could go
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ......Boy they wrote some weird things back in the day

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Scott Snyder on Making Doomsday Clock Part of the DC Universe Again - "That’s Our Job. That’s What We’re Trying To Do"

Well, that’ll be a challenge, that’s for sure.

Here’s a snippet from the interview:

And then from that, we get to the thing that we’ve been planning since Metal #1, which is the biggest cosmic showdown between everyone and that addresses a lot of the connectivity. What we want to do is do a story where everything matters, where at the end you say, “Oh, the JSA was introduced in Doomsday Clock that way, I get it. Now it’s over here, it makes sense why that happened, what the timeline did, why it buckled the way it did, why it’s being fixed the way it is.” All of that stuff is meant to come together in one, big, singular plan. That’s our job. That’s what we’re trying to do; working on Justice League, our team, and Josh Williamson, as well, we’re trying to build you something that says, this is one big immersive narrative.

And here’s a link to the big theory of how everything ties together, if you want to see one way everything connects (I posted this a while ago):

Long Read: A Great Big Doomsday Clock/DC Comics Conspiracy Theory

• Like Like x 3
  20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    But Lana fills basically the same role as Lois. My point was that Lucius fills a different role than Alfred.