DC Comics Discussion

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Tekkaman Blade, May 31, 2011.

1. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I think he was a boxer that went to jail. I Haven't read it since the year it came out, so I could be mistaken.

• Like Like x 3
  2. GoLion

GoLion 誰がおならをした

News Credits:
    I remember the Prison stuff. The prison stuff had a Count of Montecristo vibe.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Mudslide

Mudslide Smock?

:lol 

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    I still have that superhero Dictionary for kids in a drawer.
    [​IMG]

This is what it is referencing

There could be many stupid memes from that book
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Deathcatg

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Lol best part is I recently reread a story where Batman and Robin (Tim) drove the Batmobile off a drawbridge. It was the cliffhanger for Detective Comics #693, the first half of a Poison Ivy story from the 90s.

• Like Like x 2
  7. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  8. Ismaeel Kamal

News Credits:
    You know, I just realised another irony with Bane killing Alfred.

Reading today's Batman issue, it reminded me of this moment from Batman: Arkham Origins:

9. GoLion

GoLion 誰がおならをした

News Credits:
    Is the dark universe meant to be the pre52 universe or have aspects of the pre 52? I'm really confused by the storyline that involves the dark universe.

10. northjason

northjason Well-Known Member

Just picked up Teen Titans Go! $5 Giant at Walmart, for my kids.

Better late than never I guess--Ive been saying these $5 books should include self-contained kids titles since they started. Specifically, TTG, which my kids love.

I look forward to reading some fart jokes tonight.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ismaeel Kamal

News Credits:
    Alfred is Still Dead, and so is "Playboy" Bruce Wayne in James Tynion's Batman

Batman is an action horror superhero comic book.

Heading into 2020, THAT is our absolute True North. Every page of every issue should feel like an action horror superhero comic. The monsters should be deadly and frightening, and Batman should feel frightening in and of himself. The villains of Gotham fear him, and he is going to take that fear and wield it like a weapon to get his city back under control. Batman doesn’t just show up in broad daylight to scare his villains, he uses tricks and shadows, and voice modulation to make it seem like he can be anywhere and everywhere at once.

The scary thing with Batman, even to villains who have fought him over and over again across decades is that they KNOW that under his suit he is just a man. But still he seems to be impossible. You fire a dozen armor piercing rounds into his torso, and you still know by the time you race down the stairs to your getaway car, he’s going to be there, ahead of you. And he is going to HURT you. They fear him because they can’t, for the life of them, understand how he does it, which gives him this supernatural air. To the bad guys, Batman is like Michael Myers. He keeps getting up when it shouldn’t be possible to get up anymore. How can you win against him? You’d have to be crazy to try.

Even Bruce Wayne is a figure of the shadows. He is a billionaire industrialist, but he is strange and a little reclusive. The last vestiges of his more conservative style would have gone out the window with the death of Alfred Pennyworth. Alfred laid out clothes for Bruce. With him, he would have dressed a bit more like his father. More sweater vests like the old money he is. Without Alfred, Bruce is pure practicality. He wears BLACK. So does Selina… They go to a different type of Gotham City gala. The Old Money Gotham is corrupt and broken. Instead, Bruce goes to the young money of the city to help finance its reconstruction.

With Selina on his arm, the “Playboy” Bruce is dead. Every waking minute is dedicated to the rebuild of Gotham City, both as Bruce Wayne and as Batman. He is in control of every room he enters, and people are a little frightened of him. He is one of the richest people in the world, and he has experienced so much loss. But it’s clear he’s trying to make the city better. People admire him, because most people in his shoes would have LEFT Gotham a long time ago.

He has just faced tremendous failure in the last year of story. He lost his City, and lost his way… But now that he’s back, he has an almost manic intensity. He is going to FIX things. He’s going to make it so nobody like Bane can ever do this to the city again.

• Like Like x 2
  12. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Thanks for the copy and paste, I hate Bleedingcool’s website:) . This sounds interesting, hopefully it will be an enjoyable Batman book. I will probably give it a shot.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ismaeel Kamal

News Credits:
    A Brand New DC Comics Paint-Based Superhero - Ashley Rayburn, Primer, Created by Jennifer Muro, Thomas Krajewski and Gretel Lusky

Ashley Rayburn is an upbeat girl with a decidedly downbeat past. Her father is a known criminal who once used Ashley to help him elude justice, and in his attempt to escape, a life was taken. He now sits in federal prison, but still casts a shadow over Ashley’s life. In the meantime, Ashley has bounced from foster home to foster home and represents a real challenge to the social workers who try to help her–not because she’s inherently bad, but because trouble always seems to find her.

Ashley’s latest set of presumably short-term foster parents are Kitch and Yuka Nolan. Like Ashley, Kitch happens to be an artist. Yuka, on the other hand, is a geneticist working for a very high-level tech company, one that’s contracted out to work for the government and the military. And it’s Yuka’s latest top secret project that has her very concerned. Developed for the military, it’s a set of body paints that, when applied to the wearer, grant them a wide range of special powers. Fearful that this invention will be misused, Yuka sneaks the set of paints home, substituting a dummy suitcase with an ordinary set of paints in their place.

From here, signals get crossed. Ashley comes home from school one day with her new friend Luke and, thinking that the Nolans have purchased a surprise gift for her upcoming birthday, finds the set of paints. Being an artist, Ashley naturally assumes these are for her. It isn’t long before she realizes that she’s stumbled upon something much bigger and a lot more dangerous. Although she uses her newly discovered powers for good, it’s not long before the military becomes wise to what happened to their secret weapon. And this spells big trouble not only for Ashley, but for her newfound family and friends as well.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  14. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like dc is aiming for that young adult crowd with this trade. Good move dc.

• Like Like x 1
  15. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Primer feels like an 80s/90s kid empowerment fantasy, in a good way. This kid could be great friends with the Shazam Family.

• Like Like x 5
  16. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    They have an entire sub-line coming out like this. I agree it's a good move to target younger readers with new stuff like this.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Deathcatg

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    As long as they keep them affordable and easy to find in retail, I say run with it!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lumberlanes creator is making a lois lane book.

Lois Lane and the Friendship Challenge, From the Creators of Lumberjanes and Goldie Vance

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  19. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  20. GoLion

GoLion 誰がおならをした

News Credits:
    Don't know how I feel about that.

• Like Like x 1