DC Comics Discussion

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Tekkaman Blade, May 31, 2011.

1. GoLion

GoLion 誰がおならをした

News Credits:
    It's obvious that he feels it's unauthorized because he and Moore had no hand in it.

If they actually owned their creation I would agree with him -- creator's having a say in their creations is an entirely different convo.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    And it's a convo that can't be held without pointing out all the times Moore has used other people's creations any way he wanted without so much as a how-de-doo. Sometimes used them in ways that could be considered a slap in the face of the original creator, at best. Moore garners zero sympathy from me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GoLion

GoLion 誰がおならをした

News Credits:
    Can't argue against that.

Personally, I think Watchman is fair game. The characters are owned by DC. Moore is free to criticize the work, (I tend to agree with him to an extent) but the characters do belong to DC.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DC Comics Getting Stanley 'Artgerm' Lau to Paint Starfire and Raven - is He on Titans Next?

Here some of the artwork he’s done:

Twitter
    upload_2019-10-28_19-49-32.jpeg

Twitter
    upload_2019-10-28_19-50-1.jpeg

Batman Will Remain Twice-Monthly in 2020 - Batman #100 in August?

Tony S Daniel confirms that Batman will remain on a bi-monthly schedule, and that it was a last second change.

DC Launches Two-Month Comics Gap in 2020 - A Kind of Convergence II

Well, it’s happening again. But rather than covering a more from once coast to the other it will be there to get DC Comics timeliness back on track. When books are not late right now, they are squeakily close to being so. And so you get issues like Superman and Supergirl featuring characters of the wrong ethnic background. Batpenises on display. And all manner of stuff getting sneaked through, unapproved.

• Like Like x 5
  5. GoLion

GoLion 誰がおならをした

News Credits:
    Wow. I love how they're trying to pass the buck on the Benis (portmanteau), lmao.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  9. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    That was a great Q&A session with the Man of Steel.

Loved that he said Lex Luthor hates his baldness, how he implied Mr Terrific is smarter than Batman, and that he said WW was cool.

It's also curious to see the religious perspective of a being considered as a god. I like that they kept it neutral.

• Like Like x 2
  10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I guess it depends which version of Lex Luthor. The Byrne version? Yeah, okay. He lost his hair over time and he hated it as much as anyone would. But the classic pre-Crisis version? He could have cured his baldness at any time in 5 minutes if it concerned him even slightly. Even in his origin story (written by Superman creator Jerry Siegel) in which Lex goes bald thanks to Superboy's blunder, he gets over it in the space of 2 panels. He never even has a thought balloon about it after the initial shock. He's bigger than that. That wasn't what he was upset about. What he was upset about was the loss of an un-recreatable experiment and scientific breakthrough that was so major, it would have changed the course of history.

Creators who write Lex's focus as his hair loss either misremember Siegel's story, never understood the story beyond a surface level in the first place, or are projecting their own insecurities.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ismaeel Kamal

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Rich Johnson is an idiot that gets his jollies from making people mad, and will flat out lie or make things up. I'm not even sure if he does it on purpose or he's just too stupid to understand what he is hearing or reading. He was severely disliked by the comic book industry and was treated as a joke, until a few years ago.

• Like Like x 2
  13. GoLion

GoLion 誰がおならをした

News Credits:
    Wow. I'm surprised by how much I liked the new Legion book. The events in the book happened at neck break speed but it was actually pretty good. Much better than the new52 garbage and infinitely better than the 3-boot legion (there was another one mixed in there). Anyway. I think I'm going to stick around on this title.

• Like Like x 1
  14. NSJ23

NSJ23 on TFW2005 for everything but TF's....

I enjoyed Batman #82, but have no clue what the last panel is setting up. is issue #83 King's last?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    #85 actually.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ismaeel Kamal

News Credits:
    I suspect the next three issues are going to reveal how:
    Thomas Wanye played a bigger role in this event.

All I'm hoping is that Alfred will make it out. If not here, then at least in Batman/Catwoman, which will concluded Tom King's tale on the couple.

17. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'm sorry to read Deathstroke is ending next issue (#50). I have never cared about Deathstroke as a solo character before this series, but Christopher Priest has created the most interesting and legitimately unpredictable book within mainstream DC continuity in years. I really hope DC has something else lined up for him to write when this ends.

• Like Like x 2
  18. GoLion

GoLion 誰がおならをした

News Credits:
    Frankly I'm surprised it made it that far. It is a good book, though. Priest really is one of the best guys writing at the moment.

19. Ismaeel Kamal

News Credits:
    Alfred Pennyworth Gets His Own One-Shot from DC Comics... After He's Dead

:( 
    upload_2019-11-12_20-49-52.jpeg
    BURBANK, CA (November 12, 2019) – In issue #77 of Batman, the unthinkable happened.

Readers everywhere were stunned to see Alfred Pennyworth—the faithful butler to not only Batman, but all the Bat-Family—meet a brutal end at the hands of Bane.

Alfred Pennyworth served the Wayne family for decades—even through the terrible loss of the Dark Knight’s parents. His shocking death at the hands of Bane is the only event that could possibly compare to that fateful night in Crime Alley, and it leaves Bruce at a similar crossroads. If Alfred was the glue that held the Bat-Family together, how will Batman deal with that all falling apart? And if the Caped Crusader is to be truly alone, he might either hang that cape up once and for all…or double down and carry on with this vengeful quest forever.

Co-written by James Tynion IV (Justice League, Justice League Dark, Detective Comics) and Peter J. Tomasi (Detective Comics, Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman and Robin) with art by Eddy Barrows (Freedom Fighters), Eber Ferreira (Blackest Night, Wonder Woman), and others, Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P. celebrates the life of one of the most important people in the history of Gotham City, while also addressing questions about what’s next.

This 48-page Prestige Format one-shot goes on sale at comic book stores and participating online retailers February 12, 2020. For the latest information on the World’s Greatest Super Heroes, visit the DC website at www.dccomics.com, the DC YouTube channel, or follow @DC Comics and @TheDCNation on social media.

• Like Like x 2
  20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    It's funny how no one thinks Alfred is dead. After that garbage King pulled with the "wedding", good luck getting anyone to trust anything that happens in his stories again. For me, the entire Batman series that King wrote is a write-off, from issue #1 until today. One long, drawn out pile of dung. Starting with Gotham Girl and her brother whose name I already forget, and everything that's come since, now with Alfred's "death". Just end. Let's begin the next era.

He's a freaking national treasure, and I hope DC appreciates him. He has a sensibility I really enjoy, that to me has kind of an overlap with two of my other all-time favorite American comics writers: Larry Hama (who doesn't do enough these days) and Mike Baron (who seems to have had some kind of breakdown).

• Like Like x 1