DC Comics Discussion

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Tekkaman Blade, May 31, 2011.

1. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    But that's like saying a poop is better than diarhea. Neither smells good.

HIC is pure garbage.

Oh, and it is refreshing that even the characters in the book agree with my assessment of the events of the book.

I do have to give this book credit in one area, though: The art was damn fantastic. I think the only reason I kept buying each issue was because of how beautifully drawn the book was.

I do like that King had Kyle speak a little spanish. Kyle is half Mexican.

Ultimately, I'm glad Wally didn't kill his future self. King still made him a lunatic that set up a murder scene with the express purpose of sabotaging two other characters, though. I guess involuntary manslaughter is better than murder...

Christ this mini was hot garbage.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    It'll probably be manhattan that caused heroes in crisis in order to get Wally off the table and keep him from remembering what Manhattan did. The explosion seems more in line with him than wally.

• Like Like x 4
  3. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    My hope is by defeating Manhattan the events of HIC (and a few other missteps at DC) will be undone.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    It's Emerald Twilight II.... badly damage a character and leave it for a later writer to clean up. The only difference is that they were trying to get rid of Hal, but King claims he's elevating Wally West.

Tom King on Heroes in Crisis, The Fan Reaction, and Wally West's Future

Funny, I thought the highly selling DC Rebirth special did all of the above, without making Wally a killer who covers up his crimes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    So Tom King is really Hunter Zolomon? It all makes sense now!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

As Alexander Luther once said in Infinite Crisis, it always starts with Superman......

7. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    Tom King is Hunter Zolomon. That just makes too much sense.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
  9. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Which explains why Roy is dead again, he's you know who'se favorite character to crap on.

• Like Like x 2
  11. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    What's really funny is most of the people I've spoken to about HIC want Wally to go away for a while, that what has been done to him has ruined the character. I don't understand the mentality that Wally was out of the spotlight. Wally had a spotlight in the Titans book - Numbers were good there.

HIC just felt like a silly stunt -- The same nonsense that has been done a number of times with mixed results.

Whew, and thankfully the comments to that article have given me a little hope about the general comic book buying community.

• Like Like x 2
  12. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Well, I've now read the final issue of Heroes in Crisis, and I can sum the whole thing up in 3 words:

"Remove from iPad"

• Like Like x 3
  13. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Yeah gotta agree it wan't worth it and doesn't live up to what they tried to claim it was. Rather than Events they should focus on solid story telling in the core books and stop trying events that ruin the flow of other books. In one fell swoop they ruined the ongoing story in 3 other titles for an event most of us would like to forget happened. And once again ruined the adult titans characters. Seriously it's like Didio has it out for them they are his favorite go to to kill off or tear down.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mudslide

Mudslide Eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head.

I thought that was Dick Grayson.

15. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Nah if it was Dick he'd have died by now. Roy has died twice now, lost his arm, had his young daughter killed in a pointless event, and was so drugged out of his mind he was talking to a dead cat thinking it was his deceased daughter.
    [​IMG]

Dick just got shot in his head and lost part of his memories, they at least allowed him to keep his self respect. Roy has been killed and flushed down the crapper multiple times now for shock value.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Rodimal Magnus

Rodimal Magnus A Touch of Destiny

Just have Wally be the one fixing all the things John broke while he and Clark are having it out.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Moving on from Heroes in Crisis...

I bit the bullet and finally decided to buy Batman: Last Knight on Earth #1, and got to say, it’s quite different to some of the grim future stories I’ve seen DC done before, and it’s a lot better than I expected.

The art from Greg Capullo is fantastic, and Scott Snyder manages to make this version of Batman similar to his New 52 run, while also making this world rather interesting, and having a few surprises in this issue. I’m also surprised that the second issue comes out in July, and that this issue costs £3.99. Not a bad price for a 48 page issue, and I look forward to reading the rest of the series.

I might also buy that Superman Leviathan Special #1, due to it also receiving great reviews, although at £6.99, and it possibly telling three different stories (two of which help set up new limited series), I’m a little more hesitant on that.

18. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As someone who will read all of Snyder's run eventually, but for the moment has only read Zero Year because it was cheap, is it standalone enough that you'd recommend it right now?

Or is it very much continuing Snyder and Capullo's previous stuff and I should just pick up a collection of Last Knight on Earth alongside a pile of older collections?

I'm personally looking forward to Leviathan Special as well. I'm interested in all three series though which helps. One of the few Marvel books I've read was Fraction and Aja's Hawkeye so looking forward to the same author doing a silly Jimmy Olsen series. Heard good things about Greg Rucka but most of those books are again, things I will definitely read but not yet (one exception again). Been leaning towards mini-series at the moment so the Lois Lane one is a bit easier to get into than a 52 Omnibus, even if I'd enjoy the other more. And as someone who is happy to be entertained by an event but also skeptical towards them until proven otherwise, Leviathan looks good.

Get the $8 price would be different if it is only 1/3, or even 2/3 I guess. Just helps that the miniseries hooked me earlier than the main event.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’d say it’s worth it, and you don’t need to read Synder’s Batman run to understand it, since it’s its own thing.

However, there is one thing that Synder refers to in this issue that plays a big role in issue #49 of Synder’s Batman run, although given how you’re reading the current Detective Comics run, you may not see it as a spoiler. If you want to see Synder’s run as a surprise, maybe come back to it until you’ve read the series (but by the sounds of it, you’re half way through).

It’s great that Lois and Jimmy are getting a mini series dedicated to them. And that Jimmy one sounds more interesting than I though, although I’ve got enough mini series/event titles to satisfy me for a while (Batman vs Teenage Ninja Turtles, Batman: Last Knight on Earth and Leviathan Event).

• Like Like x 1
  20. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Yea, I feel bad for Roy fans.

Dan Didio has problems.

• Like Like x 1