DC’s Batgirl (Joss Whedon Out?)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Haloid1177, Mar 30, 2017.

1. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

I’m not interested in shaming LL for her looks, but I have even less interest in seeing her in any movie now, let alone as Batgirl.

It’s not like she has a chance in hell of being Batgirl anyway, and she likely knows that...

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

I don't want her to be Batgirl either. but Hey, if she wants to audition, I say go for it.

Again, one can simply get back in to shape. Just look at Mark Walberg. But, I do agree with you, I'd rather someone roughly 10 years younger than she, play Barbara.

3. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
  4. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cast Lindsay Lohan as Leslie Tompkins, the old lady. Or because WB feels the need to show it every film, Martha Wayne getting offed. Why when this isn't a Batman film. Well just because,.duh.

5. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

After reading Whedons Wonder Woman script I don’t want him anywhere near Batgirl

• Like Like x 1
  7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
  8. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Joss Whedon No Longer Attached to Batgirl Film

“I’m grateful to Geoff Johns and WB Picture Group president Toby [Emmerich and everyone who was so welcoming when I arrived, and so understanding when I… uh, is there a sexier word for ‘failed’?”

I feel he would have done better with a teenage heroine than with the Justice League.

9. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    I feel God in this Chili’s tonight...

10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    It's sounding more like the rumors he was brought on to save Justice League and the Batgirl movie was a just a PR excuse was right.
    They should just make a movie based on Batgirl year 1 or do a series basedon Chuck Dixon's Bird's of Prey run.

You already have good stories DC adapt those.
    Think of it like Harry Potter or any other book adaptation, you don't have to re invent the wheel use what you have.
    Hire comic writers to write the movie.
    Don't trust them? Hire someone like Paul Dini.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like there may never have been a batgirl movie and it may have been smoke to cover his justice league gig.

12. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was reading a story where he realized after a year, he didn't have a story. Plus, he now feels that a Batgirl movie would be better served with a woman director, writer, etc. at the helm. okay.

13. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:

Sounds exactly like his experience when he was hired to do a Wonder Woman movie several years back.

• Like Like x 1
  14. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Yep, that was mentioned in the story too ... The Hollywood Reporter is the article I read.

15. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Some people are just more suited to Marvel's sensibility than DC's (Peter David jumps to mind), and Whedon is one of them. Every time Whedon is brought onto anything DC-related, the first thing he always does is start Marvelizing everything and everyone. He can't help it. I like Whedon a lot, especially his own projects, but I hope this is the last time he is even considered for any DC movie or tv project. Stick to Marvel, or better yet, develop your next own great project. Life is short -- Stop wasting your time with other people's ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  16. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

He realize this movie would be a failure and give up.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  17. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think a Batgirl movie would be great actually. Just get Patty to direct it and I'm sure it will do fine. And Joss saying it would be better with a female director is crap. He did amazing work with Buffy and I think he'd do just as good with Batgirl.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I find it encouraging that Warner Brothers would step away from something that wasn't working rather than charging blindly ahead hoping it would all work out in the end. I'll take a few good films over a flood of bad films just to catch up to Marvel/Disney.

19. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if Whedon backed out of this solely because he just doesn't want to deal with the fanboy shitstorm again. The guy got flayed for Age of Ultron as a movie and his alleged terrible handling of Natasha (?), and now he's still in the midst of getting ripped for Justice League... because it "has to be" his fault according to DC & Snyder fans that need to explain how/why that movie was such a pile of dog shit... even though it's evident whose fault it was if they take two seconds to remember MoS & BvS. Either way, I have no doubts that he concluded it's just not worth the effort or torment again, especially for an alternate "cinematic universe" that has zero direction and is now at Bayformer levels of immediate brutal critical reception and subsequent tear down.

So whatever the reasons are, actual vs. canned PR statements, I don't blame him for bailing. Given how the same fandom(s) can and do hail you as a demi-god one minute and then want your head on a platter the next, I think he should just stay away from comic movies entirely for the next few years for his own well being.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Pretty much. DC has no clue what direction they’re even going at the moment outside of Wonder Woman 2. One only needs to look at all the Flashpoint and Ben Affleck rumors to see this.