Day 1 locked "Multiplayer Havoc" DLC...

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Tiller, Aug 21, 2012.

1. GRIML0CK

GRIML0CK I despise Optimus Prime.

If it was just the character pieces i'd think twice even though i have a love for Grimlock. It's just pieces don't appeal to me and feel less like a DLC, but give me a few maps then it's a yes. But then it would be considered an expansion. Maybe they should have thought about that and gave it time for DLC. I guarantee it's Activisions doing, but no worries, i'll be enjoying this game through and through.

2. Believixprime29

Believixprime29 Well-Known Member

This. Aleast you got your money's worth with WFC

3. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    The one good thing about on-disk dlc is that it lets people without the dlc to see us, which makes us unique. If we all have the dlc because only people with dlc can play with eachother(case in point mass effect 3 or ROTF) then it toally blows away any sort of uniqueness.

Personally I am getting suckered into this because I love blast off and perceptor. I don't have issues with day 1 dlc, but the price on this is RIDICULOUS.

4. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because if you let companies get away with stuff like this whats to stop them from pulling something like "BUY THE END OF THE GAME FOR $10!" When you buy a game for full price and content is purposely withheld on the sole basis of milking more money out you, then yes I'm going to whine for as long as I can making sure that such a practice won't fly and will not get any of my cash for doing so.

It's not that I don't have $10 to spend on this, I have plenty, but protesting the practice so this doesn't become widespread is reason enough to start complaining about it. There are some very successful DLC strategies out there. This should not be one of them.

5. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Meanwhile at Activision:
    We Got To Have, Money! - YouTube
    That's true. Though I don't think bitching is going to help the situation, this is pretty outrageous and worthy of complaining about. 10 bucks for characters that should be unlockables on day 1. The fuck, man? They could've at least gave it a couple weeks.

6. GRIML0CK

GRIML0CK I despise Optimus Prime.

Lol at that video. But exactly, handing out DAY 1 DLC is just mean. It's like teasing a fat kid with food.

7. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    So are the new charcters avalible as spare parts in create a character?

8. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Wow.
    Dick move, HMS. Way to give a big middle finger to the fans, you pricks.

9. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    Might wanna update that sig!

10. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    It pisses me off to no end that now I'll have to suffer my unbearably slow download speed before I can play, and also at the expense of $10.

Done. EDIT: Damn, forgot to make it smaller!

11. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

I don't care, my purchase will help keep the High Moon Transformers games coming. I was dumbfounded this series even got a sequel, I'll bite my tongue and pay for the new characters. Sure I'm reinforcing "bad behavior" when a developer does this but it doesn't make a difference now. The only ones that are going to hurt are us, when we moan and miss out on the "new" content. Anyhow it's most likely Activision making these deals, High Moon just makes the games and does what they're told.

Is it a ripoff? Probably. Were the characters already on the disc? Without a doubt. However I have the choice of dumping my disposable income wherever I want and I want to support this game. Of all places to complain about about wasting money, I've got thousands of dollars worth of plastic collecting dust in boxes across my house. At least these robots I can actually play with. $10 is nothing when you think of it.

[​IMG]

12. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Plastic collecting dust?
    Also +1

13. Believixprime29

Believixprime29 Well-Known Member

This.

14. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Get over it people. Theres's day one dlc. It's common practice and isn't going anywhere. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

15. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    People complain its mass effects fault? LOL

Sure, the prothean dlc was day one and cost 10 bucks but it was actual story content. Nevermind the face that mass effects given us a crap ton of FREE dlc for multiplayer.

Their free dlc far outweighs the paid stuff. So its definitely NOT mass effects fault :p 

This is a little disappointing but you can bet ill be there buying the heck out of this (wheeljack n magnus ftw)

The fact that games even do dlc in the first place is still pretty awesome to me

Remember the days when a game came out and that was all you got forever? Dlc ftw (tho, not saying im not upset at the money grubbers holding back content. But businesses will be businesses will be money loving jerkheads)

16. Forceman4077

Forceman4077 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not one of you "Defenders of HM" has yet to give one valid reason why I should have to pay for Wheeljack and Perceptor, characters that are already usable in another game mode.

17. The Constructicon

You don't have to, that's the beauty of it.

18. Forceman4077

Forceman4077 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let me reword it then

Not one of you "Defenders of HM" has yet to give one valid reason why Wheeljack and Perceptor are locked pay for content, characters that are already usable in another game mode.

19. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Pretty sure I did :p 

20. The Constructicon

If High Moon had released a special edition for $10 more that came with access to five additional characters, everyone would be eating it up. It's more about controversy and a reason to complain as far as I'm concerned.