Day 1 locked "Multiplayer Havoc" DLC...

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Tiller, Aug 21, 2012.

1. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

I'm all for day 1 dlc. It gives me the option to buy exactly what I want to buy ala carte, with no wait. I won't be getting the dlc because I don't think it's worth it. I will buy the main game because I think it's worth 60.

I also like day 1 dlc because if I do want to pay extra for more content, I don't have to wait, and then take up hard drive space.

What DLC do you really love? Then ask yourself "wouldn't it be awful if I had access to this right away, and with no drive space needed? Gosh, that would have been terrible."

2. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Name every single thing that was advertised. You could probably make a 10 minute game out of it. Would you be complaining if we got 10 minutes worth of content because that is all that was advertised? Obviously there are going to be things NOT advertised so I don't see why people keep making the argument that we should ONLY expect what is advertised.

3. Dashdragon

Dashdragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, first off...Why would I care about drive space? Oh noes...I lost a few more mb of my over 1tb of storage.

Plus I think you're missing the point here. We're talking about you being made to pay for something you already have from your original purchase.

So you ask, which would we rather have...day 1 DLC with no drive space needed or?

What?

All of the content I already bought still with no extra drive space needed (again who cares about drive space) and not being forced to pay extra to use it...

hmm...tough choice...

4. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since when do you not pay extra to use it?

5. Dashdragon

Dashdragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was referring to if, instead of making you pay 10 bucks for them to unlock the content you already got, if they just never locked it in the first place.

6. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That normally wouldn't happen. Most dlc is planned and budgeted at the beginning of the design cycle. If there wasn't any estimated revenue for dlc sales, chances are they simply won't make the dlc at all.

Any of you who work at jobs that function on a project basis should know; we live and die by the budget. Things should be similar for game designers; dlc is made when there is money in the budget for them.

That said, I don't think the argument holds water in the case of FoC, from what I understand, most the skins in this dlc pack are already featured in the single player game.