David Lee Beast Wars Inferno, Terrorsaur, & others

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CryptiniteDemon, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Onslaught95

Onslaught95 Well-Known Member

Ok, I haven't had my Paypal case for the ETSY purchase I made for the 2nd figure Terrorsaurus resolved yet, but I will contact them if PAYPAL tries anything with that one. The one that I am having my current issues with PAYAL with was on this scammers original site on SHOPIFY which likely means that outside of PAYPAL or the CC then I will be SOL since they have very shoddy buyer protections. Which is why I utilized this PayPal Key thing that PAYPAL has. Last time I will be trusting that service I guess.

2. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

Someone should just send on of these kits to one of the KO companies and have them KO it and sell better versions of them. But I think the quality might be bad enough that the KO companies don't want to touch it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    I'm havng to dremel every single joint socket in order to put the ball-pegs in and I'm trying to achieve the perfect level of friction that allows the guy to hold a pose but not so tight that I'll rip the limbs apart whenever I try to move them.
    Also haveto do a little bit of sculpting to fill some buble holes and replace chipped teeth/spikes etc. This thing needs a lot of tlc before I can even consider painting it.

A KO compnay could make a great figure if they havd the 3d files. I wouldn't want something that was made from a cast of these pieces. A lot of that insane texturing detail from the digital sculpt has been softened so I'm going to have to bring this guy to life with paint.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

Anybody else finally receive something?

• Like Like x 1
  5. DilosDilixiane

DilosDilixiane New Member

I ordered both terrorsaurus and infernus from etsy. Etsy has no record of my transaction for my first payment for infernus or the full payment for terrorsaurus. However payment were taken. I spoke to the bank got them returned. Reached out to David no response. I reached out to James Catlin the man who did the molds for the figures with no response. My bank returned my money. I am grateful. Shame about the figures though. Maximals completely outnumber mp predacons.

• Like Like x 4
  6. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

I got my first refund - for Infernus.

I filed last week for terrorsaur ( 4 split payments with two marked as being shipped)

Might face some issues with the terrorsaur ones, but two of the payments should be safest returns (the two not labeled as shipped)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Onslaught95

Was it Etsy or Shopify where the transaction was made?

• Like Like x 1
  8. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

etsy

• Like Like x 1
  9. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic Well-Known Member

Gentlemen, should any of you not have luck getting refunds... I've been looking into the rules around filing in small claims court against someone who lives in another state.

It appears that you must file a claim in the resident state of the person you're accusing. In this case - any of you would need to file in Michigan. Michigan has only a $30-50 filing fee for small amounts but you would probably need to travel to court there. Unless they let you zoom-in in the zoom era. Just a thought for those of you who might live nearby or occasionally have business in Michigan. There's no minimum for small claims court, so no need to worry about that - the limiting factor is your own cost getting there as well as the filing fee.

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer, so I could be wrong. I just poked around on google for a little while.

• Like Like x 3
  10. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    /r/OutOfTheLoop here, this thing ended up being a scam after all?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Moos Crew

Moos Crew I make stuff

Yes

• Like Like x 7
  12. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    Not really surprised but damn, my heart goes out to the souls who had to deal with this shit.

• Like Like x 4
  13. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    I almost bit on this one, as Inferno was my favorite BW character. Glad that I decided to wait and see if another company would be doing this.

• Like Like x 3
  14. SG Scrapper

SG Scrapper Seller of many things

Haven't heard of these figures until now. Sucks to hear that it was a scam, hope everyone can eventually get a refund.

15. synchronii

synchronii Well-Known Member

Hooray, Paypal has just closed my Terrorsaur case in my favour and I have officially reclaimed all my money back. I hope everyone else is equally successful in recovering their money from this joker! It's been a heck of a ride. Hopefully in the not too distant future we get some real and reliable 3P's making MP scale Preds.

• Like Like x 3
  16. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign None shall stand all shall fall

News Credits:
    I tried to do a chargeback through my VISA credit card and I was declined as they could not classify the sale as a pre-order and the 120 day term for chargeback on a sale was already passed. I didn't get any reply from [email protected] via shopify on wanting an unpainted model. I was hoping for at least that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. synchronii

synchronii Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry to hear that. I would have thought it was fair to call it a pre-order given at time of ordering it wasn't expected to be released for 2 months or so and you would think the fact that it also ended up a scam should have been enough to get them to push it through.

Unfortunately I think he's taken the money and run at this point, I very much doubt we will hear from his 'Dave Lee' persona again.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Onslaught95

I also received my refund from Paypal for the Terrorsaur. I am still waiting for an update on the Inferno, the last that I talked to them, they were taking all of the extenuating circumstances into account. My biggest hold up there is that I used that Paypal key method and Paypal and their dispute team don't seem to have much experience with dealing with disputes through this method. I still have my fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Well this is interesting, looks like our buddy Josh isn't just into making his own scam Kickstarters, here's a project from last year and early this year that he was collaborating with someone else on before he bailed and screwed them over:

Roaring Dead | Facebook

"I need any help people can get here - one of the game’s founders - Joshua Reinhardt - has gone AWOL and disappeared - ghosting myself and others, and owes money to several people we’d worked with. If anyone knows how to track this guy down, or help me figure this out, message me" - Sam Nolton

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  20. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    Kickstarter is the Wild West. I have been screwed over on a few projects to the tune of multiple hundreds of dollars.

• Like Like x 1