David Lee Beast Wars Inferno, Terrorsaur, & others

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CryptiniteDemon, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega From the Covenant of Primus...

Just line item your evidence and post screen shots were necessary or stop derailing the thread with baseless claims.

• Like Like x 1
  2. synchronii

synchronii Well-Known Member

I'd be more inclined to believe the "evidence" and the cries of "scam" if they came from established accounts (on here or on Facebook) rather than ghost accounts with no other activity. I would have thought if someone had been scammed by Josh/Dave/whoever, they wouldn't need to hide their own identity to prove it?

• Like Like x 4
  3. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

There are scammers all over the place. If you told me where you live, I can probably find a scammer who lives near you. Literally the ONLY reason he's being accused, so far that I've seen, is that he lives close to this guy. I have seen no other evidence of a connection.

I guess I'll never sell anything online, since I, too, live in a city that has scammers. Shame.

4. sammy666

sammy666 Banned

At this point I’m more concerned with the stranger that wants peoples money then the one who doesnt the one who does has a bad history and it doesnt matter what the history is of the people that are only providing information with no expectations hmmm either way not giving away my money I seen enough of what this guy does and you must know this guy for how hard you going to bat to defend him not some stranger ha! I see what is going on here as soon as the guy replied all sudden the same couple other people come on the defense hmmmmmmm

5. synchronii

It kind of does matter the history of those providing the information, because I prefer my sources to be credible. More inclined to put my faith in the guy who's been posting progress updates and putting in the graft for months than the empty accounts showing up with tenuous claims.

I'm not batting particularly hard to defend him at all. I've put an order down for Infernus and that's about it. Just willing to give him the benefit of the doubt to deliver the goods.

If he doesn't, I'll be ready to ask for a refund/lay down a Paypal claim like everyone else.

6. sammy666

sammy666 Banned

Hmm interesting so you are talking about credible and in todays world posting stuff on the internet makes you credible? Hmm ok so that must mean what the people posting about this guy must be credible yea definitely sound legit ha! The more you guys talk the more clear this becomes you arent doing yourself any justice here js this right here is why we back out to much not adding up and the more the same few talk the more you reassure me I not only made a great choice to say heck no but also that the stuff being sent all over social media is true and believe me word is getting out fast I have many friends in this realm just glad it was caught in time

7. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Dave cannot prove he has not scammed people in his past. He would need to provide every accounting of his entire life, with proof about what he was doing. He would need to prove also what he was NOT doing, which is damn near impossible.

You, however, can EASILY prove he IS a scammer. If you can provide hard evidence, a single link, between him and this other scammer other than living in the same rough area, then boom. Proven.

Dave's side is impossible, your side is not. It is therefore on you to provide evidence.

The fact you have not done so is the issue. You are just talk. Talk is cheap.

8. sammy666

sammy666 Banned

I browse the werewolf scam and I see exactly same techniques to what he does and how he keep making more stuff to keep you hooked on what to come that never comes and seem to do this over time to keep some on bored for the first one until our buyer protection is expired and no point to waste time I just keep my money and go to something legit I guess better then throwing money to a scam

9. sammy666

sammy666 Banned

How you think I found out he a scammer I saw plenty its out there being sent in message and it checks out sorry this guy wants everyone to believe him which In itself seem pretty sketch no thanks the proof is what I saw to know if you want it im sure it’s easy to find I gaurantee that

10. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

So... share it...

• Like Like x 1
  11. sammy666

sammy666 Banned

People can go to the rick loos my friend had send to him on facebook rick will send all of it but it sounds like you are these scammers so I believe it makes no sense to tell you to do that because it seems like you already know going to bat but striking out bad here

12. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega From the Covenant of Primus...

Nothing you have provided checks out. Your logic is akin to "you must be a kid toucher because a kid toucher lives in the next town over"

• Like Like x 2
  13. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Yes. I'm the scammer. You caught me. I've been planting the seeds for over 12 years on these forums, making a name for myself. I have a long history of supporting scammers on this site. In my great plan to encourage people to buy from me, the scammer, I have declared that I will not be buying the product.

• Like Like x 8
  14. Dave Lee

Dave Lee Well-Known Member

I am sure he will. i just had the stand on the resin prototype so it wouldn't fall and break. I am going to be adding clear stands in the box just in case you want to pose him.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  15. bjj8383

bjj8383 Well-Known Member

I hadn't actually used Facebook for a couple of years and can't for the life of me find any kind of "Follow" button. But I'll try to remember to check it out periodically!

16. synchronii

Is that not a bit of an own goal considering you are also a person posting on the internet trying to be seen as 'credible'?

Forgive me for being invested in the conversation...

Yet to see any evidence of that. I've had the myriad of screenshots from this mysterious Rick Loos about various Josh's. The evidence doesn't seem to have any discernible connection to this project that I can see. I had a look at this Werewolf thing and it only seems to have been a thing since late 2020 and had an update from the creator 11 days ago, so to the untrained eye looks like a bunch of angry people getting impatient at delays with their toys (not an uncommon sight, mind). I'm not sure who is throwing thousands of dollars at random werewolf action figures (maybe that's normal on kickstarter?) but probably another conversation for another day.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Wait, so we don't even know Josh is a scammer? For all we know, he's just a dude who is behind schedule and people are mad?

Well, that confirms it, never trust anyone from Michigan. Shut the whole state down

• Like Like x 4
  18. synchronii

To be fair, going back further, there is a 4 month gap in updates to the backers, conveniently just after all the money was received, so it does look a tad sketchy.

In the interest of balance, one actually discernible link I have found is that in one of the screenshots sent to me by (the man, the myth, the legend) Rick Loos, there is a screengrab of Josh Reinhardt's profile on Facebook and he has Infernicus as his profile and an Infernicus was sold on the same Etsy page as Dave's Infernus. Could be coincidence. Could be a photoshop job. Could be Josh was a customer. Could be a completely different Infernicus. Could be Dave is Josh. It's impossible to know anything for certain.

But, Dave has continued to post updates and continue work after pre-orders have been closed for a few weeks(?) and he has everyone's money in for the project. He has stated he's not doing any more pre-orders until these ones are out, so he has as much money out of this as he can get, so there's no reason for him to still be posting if this were a scam. I just don't get the logic if this is a scam.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  19. LukeJH

LukeJH Well-Known Member

Still using that 1:50 argument instead of the 1:13,000+ one, huh? Hey, whatever makes what you want to be true look better.

More importantly, I too am curious to see "Rick's" screenshots. How many people had Rick reached out to and we haven't actually seen anything presented by him?! Lol

20. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I would hate for you guys to find out how long I waited for Masterpiece Dinobot without an update after having paid for it.

• Like Like x 5