Customs: Darkcave Commissions: Closed For Business

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by autobotx23, Jan 17, 2009.

1. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

[att]243618632[/att]

Well, it's back to being a working stiff. After selling my customs for the past few months, I managed to find a great position with a great company. So, I wont have the time to put out commissions anymore. I'll still sell a figure on ebay here and there, ya know, for extra cash (Botcon money, my $5 Caramel Machiatto at Starbucks, Gundams, movie figs, etc.) and to kinda keep my name in the "customs game".

Thanks to all of the awesome customers I have here at TFW2005, and everyone who helped with the success of the Prime Directive.

The best thing though? My customs are mine again!!!! :thumb  I am happy that I was able to provide for my family with my work, but every figure I have sold I miss having it in my collection. Call me selfish, but I have already started digging for stuff to build my own Predaking prime for my collection.

For everyone expecting a fig from me, no worries! I'll still be finishing up your work and mailing it out to you as agreed (unless we are meeting at BotCon). If you were interested in a figure, or debating one, this is my last weekend to accept anything before I finish up what's due. So, contact me before Monday. Thanks again everyone! Here's what's coming down the pipe for commissions:

Classics Arcee 2.0
    Classics Gears 2.0
    TFTM Blast-Off
    Secret Plowking Project (Ooohhhhh...suspense!)
    Classics Fortress Maximus 2.0
    Superion Prime Redux
    Darkcave Devastator (I promise it will be different)

Thanks again, guys!

Attached Files:

2. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    AX23! this is great news. Make sure you keep apart some time every week to continue bringing us great customs, there's nothing wrong with extra income through something you love doing. Even if it's 1 a month or few months, you stick around, and your stuff is awesome.

ps. got any galaxy primes you want to get rid of? I can't seem to find them for less than $30....

3. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Well I'm happy to here you getting back into the work force, E.
    But I'm sorry to here we will not be seeing as much custom work from you.
    Congrat, Bro.

4. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

Congrats on the job, but your customs work will definitely be missed. I'm glad that you're going to keep doing a few customs, even if they are just for yourself.

5. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I wish! I still plan on doing Prime Directive figs, so I do need to keep the ones I have. I now only have 3 left, with another 2 coming in. You may want to post a request in the Junkion forum, that's where I have found my last two at around $50 shipped. Not to bad, considering they have been going for over $300 a Prime when I sell them. My Prime for the end of the month actually has 2 Primes in it, and my Botcon prime is gonna be HUGE, so I'll need to hustle up some more.

I love TF's so I'll still be a customizing fool! Radicon 4 Life (Yay-yayyy!! Sorry, to much Ice Cube :lol ) I feel like I have hit a nice point in my customising skills, selling Predaking for as much as I did. Thanks for all of your help, F-R. It means a lot!

Thanks, Nemy. The cool thing is that I took Predaking Prime with me to the interview, as well as my Graphics portfolio. I think Predaking Prime got me the job! :lol  By the end of the day, I had an offer letter faxed to me. I really loved working in Graphics, so I love being able to get back to that career. But, I'll still be up till midnight working on something crazy. I love TF's to much not to bashing them. For sale, or for me. I get to restart my customs collection! Woot!!!

6. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Congrats E!!....I know you'll do good in the new job man...you got mad skills....you'd be an asset to any company that would hire you bud.

Although, I will miss the regular scheduled custom releases from you, I know its all for the better.

And sir, congrats :thumb 

7. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    congrats on the job. enjoy it

8. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

good luck and I hope you keep on keeping on it would be a huge shame to lose you from here you have been an inspiration to a lot of people including me.

9. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Congrats on the new gig, although your loss to the custom community will be brutal. DON'T STAY AWAY TOO LONG MAN!

10. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

C'mon guys!! I'm not gonna be gone. Hell, the Radicons forum is my home page! :lol 

11. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Well I know that'll be impossibe for you to make my version of the Dinobots, but I do understand the situation and well I should've got there sooner. So thanks ax23 for sharing your work I do think their awesome as hell. Don't be a stranger.

12. Wikkid

Wikkid Completely retired customizer

Good luck with the new career.

I wanna see the Plowking custom. That d00d oughta be in a new series er somethin.

13. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    that's awesome for you buddy! :D  wonderful stuff. Shame I can't afford anything from you right now, as I'd love to get a piece from you just to have one!

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Great news about the new job! I wish you all of the best!

As for the customs staying in your home for the most part again, I've never saw that as being greedy, especially if your work is as personal to you as mine is. Your work will continue to inspire you with future work, as well as providing benchmarks for your art. You'll also continually be able to share your work with many people in many different ways that require your pieces to be in your home. :) 

15. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    I always liked all your unique customs :) 

16. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    AX23!! Good luck with your new job! :) 

17. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can't just quit us!! We will come find you, break your kneecaps, and then rebuild them just because we can. You in this 4 life yo. Once a Radicon always a Radicon. :lol 

But Congrats on the Job man, your work as been nothing short of Amazing and purely innovative and Original. I glad you found work in two ways actually. One works always good for the family and second it's going to make you miss Kitbashing so much it will influence you to make them even more. Thus creating more and more and more.