Dark of the Moon Voyager Megatron Video Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by JohnRedcorn, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    I think at this point we wait until the release of the figures. Megatron looks good to me, but the whole blanket over the face makes me think he is like a street-rat fending for spare energon. He did have his face messed up a bit on TF2, so it is understandable.

Personally speaking, I do not buy many movie figures, but I go for ones that appeal to me. So, as I stated earlier, let's all wait and see before we either whine about it or dine on its possible awesomeness.

2. Soundwave338

Soundwave338 Not Always a Tape Deck

Sadly, this video made me want him even less. I would much rather spend my money on completing my Animated or WFC collection.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  3. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I will totally buy this figure. When it's on clearance. For one dollar.

4. ang3l3s

ang3l3s Sixshot

Not bad, better tha the pics and i like the transformation, wish they had more paint apps though.

5. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

Ill wait till further videos are made. He may be the best Megatron yet for the movie line, but thats like saying I like the Yugo slightly better than the Chevette. So far, I think the Shockwave is the only one I like.

6. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the main problem with cloth is when it's on transformers. Look at Pre Vizsla from the Clone Wars: his "cape" looks spectacular, probably because he's organic looking, as opposed to transformers, who are metal, and don't match the aesthetic of cloth well. I think that a Beast Wars/Machines fig could pull off a cloak/cape/whatever fairly well.

7. Regrezz

Regrezz Well-Known Member

Figure looks pretty decient to me. I am especially curious to see if there will be additional paint apps on the final product.

8. DevilGalvatron

DevilGalvatron Purple planet popper

Tell me he's going to get more paint.

9. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gonna drop the cape in a parts bin - but the rest of the figure looks awesome!
    May try to break up the front grill & superglue into place, so I don't have to pull it on during transformation though...

10. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Ok, very good review to start. Not a bad toy, not a bad one after all. The cape thing is crap even if Megs is trying to win over the public by showing his weakness as being damaged but its still crap. Bad idea. If this was not Megs this would be a great toy, if I get it I will be renaming it.

11. Bahamut Prime

Bahamut Prime Even Kaiba supports 'em!

Intriguing!

12. dr.b

dr.b Well-Known Member

You're kidding right? DOTM Megs is the only good movie Megatron! Tell me how a robot with a made-up vehicle mode, like ROTF Megs, ends up with a gimp-armed unpainted leader class mode that only has G1 poseability and a vehicle mode inconsistent with the movie incarnation. The Voyager addressed that in vehicle mode, but had back-kibble in bot mode that looked nothing like what was on screen. At least DOTM Megs has an actual vehicle mode and a bot mode with good poseability. If The former movie Megs are what you consider great, you should have saved your money and glued all of your silverware together, the results would have been heads and tails above ROTF Megs! :2c: 

13. GUIGUI

GUIGUI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's not to love with the cape? It look great on him!

14. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think the is pretty cool and I like the idea behind the cape. But the paint apps are no where to be found and QC looks pretty poor as well.

I'll wait until a repaint of this guy is released.

15. GUIGUI

GUIGUI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's the problem with the Quality Control? The toy showed in the video seems to work perfectly and to not fall apart. The QC look fine to me.

16. Takun

Takun strongbad_email.exe

Ebay:
    Well, as far as size and paint goes, it's pretty much on par with ROTF Voyager Megs. I mean, he didn't have much paint at all, and suddenly became greeny and turtle looking himself. But we can forgive him because he had wings and was more accurate than the chunky Leader version. This guy...

If he finally has a proper fusion-esque cannon to clip onto his arm, I don't see any reason why Hasbro can't up the scale and make it Leader class. Give us something that can tower over Bumblebee and be on par to Optimus.

Isn't that your video though? o_O 

17. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I SAaW THE TRAILER!!!!!!!

18. turtleman747

turtleman747 Banned

yes i am the same person who did the video

19. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

This line is fail. I want to like some of these new transformers but so far everything is pretty disappointing. Why is Megatron smaller than Mixmaster? Last time I checked a semi-truck is a whole lot bigger than a mixing truck. Megatron finally looks pretty cool (w/the exception of the cloak), and they're totally missing the oppurtunity make the best Leader Class version of him. Ironhide looks to be an improvement, but after what I hear about the shoulders...ummm I'm not even tempted to buy that. I'm hoping this supposed "Ultimate Optimus Prime" will be something good...but if it ends up using the voyager Prime mold we've been seeing that's a negative. I think Sentinel is the only promising figure I've seen so far, and I've only seen a Alt mode picture.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Looks to be a really good figure. I would much rather get a Leader, and I do really hope it happens, but if they ever give us a black repaint of this mold, I don't think I'll be able to resist buying it.

The cape/hood being made out of a soft rubber is a good thing, imho. In a perfect world, cloth would have been preferred, but all things considered, the rubber is good enough. Honestly, cloth would have either caused them to sell the figure for more than usual, or would have taken away from the budget for the figure itself, thus causing it to be less detailed or smaller.

As for why he has the cape/hood, it makes perfect sense to me. He's been disgraced. His most hated enemy turned his own weapon against him and blasted off half of his face.