Dark of the Moon Video Game Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Mechafire, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Enjoying the SP so far. Ironhide is awesome in this game. Haven't tried online yet.

2. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I guess we have to wait for someone to post the locations of all the hidden symbols since no strategy guide was produced.... :rolleyes: 

3. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just cancelled my preorder from Amazon (had they actually shipped it today like they should have, I probably would have just gone with it). This is waaay too much of a stripped down WfC. I look forward to trying it out when it hits $40 or so.

4. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    I find the online play a little more balanced than WFC. Though, the Megatron draining ability is entirely too powerful.

Once again, I really don't feel like I'm hitting anything sometimes. The pseudo-Sniper rifle's bullets travel sooooo slow. I HATE playing as the hunters. HATE them. The flying mechanics are terrible. Did not care for playing as a commander either. That may take some getting used to. Have not rolled out the soldier yet.

Leveling up/point accumulation appears to have improved. You level up a lot faster it seems, which is good.

Melee blows chunks unless you are in the right spot (meaning, your enemy is right in front of you).

The scout class is by far my favorite.

System froze in a TDM menu. Ugh.

All the colors going on for the different shields are annoying, if only because it takes away from the "realism" a little bit.

Overall, need some more time with it. SP is okay, standard movie tie in fare. Multiplayer will take some time to get used to.

The controller mechanics will take some getting used to. I keep wanting to get into the WFC groove, which screws me all up.

Host Migration is a pain.

Summary so far, ranking recent TF Games.
    1.) ROTF- Multiplayer was the best, hands down. Level playing field, no freezing issues, solid movie transformers war feel, balanced play, great use of transformation weaponizations.

2.) WFC- Story Mode and Boss Battles seal the deal here. Multiplayer, while fun, has it's technical issues and can be aggrivating.

3.) DOTM- Story Mode...okay (still playing through, but so far, I can't imagine anything else to be different). Multiplayer...okay. Seems jumpy when a lot is going on. Can't climb on buildings or double jump. What a waste there. Remember in ROTF you could camp on the side of a building like a bug and heal, while picking someone off on the street below? Awesome days. This game....we'll see. It better be good for me. I will be upset otherwise.

4.) TF1- Rubbish.

Oh, and most of the online chatters tonight were 9 years old. Good heavens.

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    And my system froze again while playing my first mutliplayer game. Not a good sign.

6. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Strange about the freezing, I played six TDM and everything was fine. The controls take some getting used to online. It's different from WFC a little. But I was back in my killing grove in my last 2 matches.

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    So, we've got a massive list of things they didnt bother to fix/removed.

Is there anything, anything at all they actually improved?
    Watching gameplay vids with the low-res looking models, bizarre movement for jets and trucks, I have to wonder why they took such a step back from WFC.

Watching people trying to move as a jet or a truck is just painful. They had a good system, why ditch it to make one that doesnt really work?

8. ReaprPrime28

ReaprPrime28 The Forgotten Prime

Maybe they didn't have the same budget/time allowed as they did for war for cybertron.Who know.I only have two major problems with the game.One,the multiplayer connection issues are back yet again,and two,the vehicle modes.Not that their overpowered,just seems like everybody gets in everybody elses way.not only that but I've had numerous times where I had a teamate transform near me and for some reason shoot me off 300 feet in the opposite direction.lol.

9. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

so going by this game atleast there wheeljack and mirage not q and dino?

10. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    Playing the Mirage mission, and the character that was just in a recent commercial is in the mission , it's called a assaulter, it's the beast like dread that was seen running down the highway, looks awesome in the game though

11. Red Frenzy

Red Frenzy Its madness He's 100% RED

Is it easier to level up your multi-player bots in this one as opposed to WFC? I just played my first couple MP matches and there are guys who are maxed out at level 20 already. Either that or some people have just been playing MP non-stop today.

Also, some of the maps are terrible in comparison to WFC. There are no open spaces to fight in, at least not in the few I have tried so far. The one thing they do have that just disappoints me is all the stupid buildings. Crazy tall buildings, that can't be scaled, and can't even be gotten to the top of by bots with ground Alt modes because the jumping is terrible. What happened to the boosted double jump from WFC, what was wrong with that? Why put buildings all over a MP map if you can't jump up to them easily? At some points I did find myself roof hoping but the difficulty to reach that height was unnecessary.

The MP is not all that bad, but not as good as WFC. They took the idea of everything on Earth working differently and being more "Realistic" a little too far, and some of the game play (Multi-player especially) suffers for it.

12. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    Are you guys who are getting freezes playing on the white first gen 360's?

13. bad karma 99

bad karma 99 Imaginationist.

I'm a few levels in, just started the Soundwave level. So far, I'm really liking Mirage's voice. To me, it sounds a lot like Ezio ( Assassins Creed 2 ). I've been playing mostly in Stealth Force mode because the weapons seem to be stronger and/or its easier to hit. I really hate how shitty the vehicles handle in vehicle mode, driving Mirage on that mountain road was rough for me. Those 4 legged decepticons ( Hatchet ? ) look freaking awesome. I hope we get a voyager or leader class toy of those. The story so far is OK, I just wonder how much of it will be acknowledged in the film.

14. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mirage is the best thing in this game, so far.

15. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had the game lock up on me once... during the final battle (thankfully the game has a TON of check points that it keeps track of). This is on a 360 slim I got before christmas. Should be noted I do get random lock ups during WfC as well.

dabbled a bit with multiplayer. it's both similar and different from WfC. hard to explain.

16. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    Almost done with campaign. Multiplayer is weak. Not worth $64.94. I'll just go cry myself to sleep now.

Needs more Ponies, Hot Nuts, ect.

17. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Wow. So basically they go on and on about how the controls are good and stuff only to stupidly keep melee to the right stick. I admit it's OK for a melee strike but for doing a combo - no. I draw the line there. This is really idiotic. I can feel my thumb aching already.

I would even liked it if grenade was on the d-pad or something. I used config B so weapon swap is up on the d-pad. So I would have liked to press right on the d-pad to select grenades and then RT to fire that. The B could be fore melee. It may sound dumb too but I would greatly prefer it.

18. raziel_eire

raziel_eire Well-Known Member

All in all, it sounds like i've saved myself £40 with this being mediocre and not without its glitches/bugs.

I'd had high hopes that this game might excel, but it sounds as tho ROTF might still be the most rounded transformers game out there, with the most default character choice options too.

Thats the one plus point of the uk getting a delayed release, you guys can try before i buy!

19. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Well, after reading this thread I might wait a while until the price goes down, I've already bought a whole bunch of games this month, so I probably need to save up.
    Just 2 questions:
    How many multiplayer maps are there?
    Some of my friends on xbl who have played it say that Starscream sounds like he did in TF: Prime....can anyone confirm this? I looked it up and couldn't find an answer

20. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    This is what we do.

Let's go back to ROTF! Eh? Eh?