Dark Of The Moon: The Album News Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, May 23, 2011.

1. blue death

blue death Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And yet again a soundtrack full of (mostly) worthless bands with almost no decent songs. Damn it all, I hope years from now when they reboot this franchise they go in a better direction for soundtracks than this.

2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I wonder what Skillet song will be in DOTM...

Can't wait to hear what songs from Staind and Theory of a Deadman will be featured. I liked their songs from the ROTF soundtrack, so I hope they both have good songs in DOTM.

EDIT: *Sees DOTM soundtrack track list* Ah... can't wait to get the DOTM soundtrack and listen to it.

3. Metalhead

Metalhead hates things

Fuck me sideways with a splintered broom handle. Now I've seen the track list I really do have to ask: Does this shit really sell to people?

It's the biggest pile of watered down, neuter-band, cookie cutter shit I've heard in ....in .... well, a REALLY long time.

4. blue death

News Credits:
    THIS, and its been the same for the previous 2-soundtracks. Just goes to show how easy it is to sell this kind of garbage to some people when they repeat the process for a 3rd time. It's a real shame.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I totally agree, that is some horrid shit right there. The standard summer blockbuster soundtrack - absolute crap.

I guess some people will buy anything with a TF logo on it.

6. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sorry guys, maybe I'm an ass, but everytime I read a music 'debate' on TFW I roll my eyes. Whether or not certain bands are quality or not, it pretty much always boils down to the standard 'wuhh, they're not the awesome heavy bands that I love!' and the continuous flow of 'band X is trash' and 'artist Y is a cocksmoker'.

Here's a simplified chart I made that pretty much shows what music fans think.
    [​IMG]

I love heavy stuff, I do! And I love bands that keep trying to improve and re-invent themselves, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy a band that's 'the same old' for exactly what it is: the same old. Sometimes you just feel like listening to something easy, mediocre even, and I don't see why that should be a problem. :) 

I like pumping heavy stuff during the day, soft stuff during the night when I'm tired. Complex stuff when I can focus on it, simpler stuff when I'm out having a good time. Lurking in various threads about music on TFW over a long span of time have led me to believe most people in here just want to blast Tool from their speakers 24/7 - which is cool, but it makes the arguments just so much harder to take serious.

And to be honest, Transformers fans aren't exactly the best judges on 'quality'. Just see how much we are fightng over various series, toys, etc. etc. Hell, we LOVE certain Transformers series that ARE shit - and don't be surprised that some people who don't share our love for Transformers would think of it that way precisely. We aren't exactly on the higher ground.

Just my two cents..please keep enjoying the music you do, but maybe we could all tone down with the usual trashing.

Yup. For the masses it might be the DOTM music album. For TF collectors it's probably 'Optimus Prime repaint number 12'.

7. eTalking

eTalking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ive always ignored the band soundtracks for the TF movies and it looks like im going to be ignoring this one, too.
    theory of a deadman? ugh...

8. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    What is it about mocking people that makes you feel validated? Music is subjective. Get the fuck over yourself.

9. blue death

News Credits:
    Whats your deal? I didn't openly call you out or something, I don't even know who the hell you are. I can have an opinion about this music if I like, thats my business, and I'm not the only one of my opinion so please don't single me out.

10. MKV1193

MKV1193 New Member

Mastodon? Finally one good band on the album. Actually a pleasant surprise. Then again there's never really a reason to buy these movie albums that are just compilation of different bands already released songs.

11. OrionPaximus

OrionPaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They should get My Morning Jacket for the Transformers Theme.

12. megatron66

megatron66 OD'd on candy

Wait... Black Veil Brides might have a song in DOTM? OMG!!! I hope so freakin' much they do! Will it be a new one from their new album coming out on June 14th? BLACK VEIL BRIDES FOR THE WIN!!!

13. Darkscreamer785

Darkscreamer785 Waiting For The End

Skillet and MCR are good bands, and Art of Dying's not bad. Goo Goo Dolls and Black Veil Brides are pretty decent too......
    Linkin Park=GREATEST BAND OF ALL TIME!
    Mastodon....whatever, just another heavy metal group with nothing important to say.

14. RipCurl

RipCurl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If this is true then I'm happy Paramore are on it

15. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    HOLY SHIT I really hope you're being sarcastic. You think mcwhore and linkin fart are amazing? And you call mastodon lame? We are talkin about one of Josh homme's fav bands mastodon right?
    Good music will prevail one day hopefully

16. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Call me when we start hearing about the actual movie score we'll be hearing throughout the film.

17. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Awake and Alive is good but I was predicting something like Hero was going to be the song. But in any case, Skillet and Linkin Park are the only two groups that I actually listen to on the soundtrack so whatever

18. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  19. Hoodihooo

Hoodihooo Member

Ebay:
    We like different things. Stop starting stupid pissy fits about thing that aren't your taste.
    ANYWAY, I think it isn't too bad.

20. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    All of these bands are terrible.