daredevil 83

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Lumpy, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    anyone reading daredevil still? i like this book, im very curious where they take it with mr murdock being locked up, and now dropped into gen pop....he handed owl a sweet ass kicking too...do you think DD may start offing people? and who's daredevil outside of prison? and poor foggy....i liked him....

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I cant believe they killed Foggy, I bet hes in witness protection

3. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    (Copy and pasted from my previous, now-defunct, thread)

So...spoiler? This issue opened with the funeral for Foggy Nelson.

Real spoiler: the cop that allowed Foggy to be stabbed was found dead. Killed by a street gang.

And the last page, when Urich is talking to Dakota North - she says that, in the ambulance, they claimed that Foggy was "stabilizing." Which implies that he died in the HOSPITAL...not in view of Dakota. And, it was also implied that Murdock didn't attend Foggy's viewing, only the burial...in which case he wouldn't have been able to correctly identify whether or not it was actually his friend.

Basically, Brubaker is dropping clues that Foggy may NOT actually be dead - is it so implausible for Fisk to manipulate those in the hospital to fake Foggy's death, where they can then replace him with a decoy while Foggy himself is held captive somewhere?

It would make more sense, wouldn't it? Make Matt believe his best friend had been murdered, let him go over the edge, and right when he's most feral, most dangerous, reveal that Foggy IS still alive and that he still has something to live for, thus making him incredibly dangerous and manipulable. It'd be a classic Fisk move.

I know the Daredevil readers on this board are far and few between, but what does everyone else think of this arc so far? I'm really enjoying it, but I'm going to be really disappointed if Foggy is in fact dead.

EDIT: Oh, and my vote for the new Daredevil is the new White Tiger. True, we can't see the amulets, but that doesn't mean they aren't being store on the belt or aren't hidden somewhere. Also, given Murdock's speech to her the last few times they met, it would make sense for her to feel responsible to take up the mantle upon his departure.

And, before anyone brings up the differences in physique...if Ronin/Echo could pull it off, I wouldn't put it past the White Tiger.

4. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    As for Murdock killing? I find that doubtful, but I considered it as well. The only person I could see him killing is Fisk, or Bullseye, ala Bendis' last issue of Daredevil. Everyone else...I think he just doesn't HATE them enough.

5. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I need to start reading Dardevil trades.

6. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    Start with the Kevin Smith run, if you've got a lot of money you'd like to invest in it. The entire series is worthwhile, but it REALLY begins to pick up with "OUT." "UNDERBOSS" provides a sort of prologue, but if you're strapped for cash, just go ahead and get "OUT." "LOWLIFE" is decent enough (it got me reading Daredevil), but "HARDCORE" is extraordinary. 51-55, the Echo arc, is very skippable - it supplies nearly NOTHING to Murdock's ongoing trials and tribulations. "THE KING OF HELL'S KITCHEN" is a really good arc, as is "THE WIDOW," which I believe follows it up. "GOLDEN AGE" disappointed me. "DECALOGUE" was really interesting, but also disappointing, save for the last two issues. "THE MURDOCK PAPERS," though, was one of the best arcs since "KING OF HELL'S KITCHEN."

But yeah. If you can only get one for right now, buy "OUT." I guarantee you'll enjoy it if you like unconventional stories. :) 

7. Spider Striker

Read both Smith's run and "OUT." Always meant to read more but have yet to get around to it.

Probably won't buy much though. My store let's you sit down and read for free. :D 

8. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    Can I come visit? :D 

9. Spider Striker

Sure. Just tell 'em Nate sent ya.