Danger Will Robinson!!!! Lost in Space gets a new series, on Netflix

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Tekkaman Blade, Nov 21, 2015.

1. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

This was my feeling too, but I appreciated that there was some real depth behind their journey of becoming lost in space.

While I liked the personal growth that each Robinson went thru, my only real complaint with the narrative was the whole 100-esque setting.

Kinda love them turning Smith into the ultimate con artist. If we do get a season two, I can easily see where her skill set of manipulate and sneakery would be very useful. People are saying why not just put a bullet in her brain, but she's the exact type of person needed to give balance to a group of idealist.

And I love the mystery of the Geth Robot. They could take that plot to some crazy places if so inclined.

2. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I needed a more talkative Robot and for Dr. Smith to insult it more.

"You nickle plated ninny! You blasted bucket of bolts!" That was the charm of the classic smith. Alliterative insults.

3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I think it's gonna be one of those slow burn situations. The more he interacts with the cast the larger his vocabulary and bond with the family will build. We've already seen the small steps where he is learning human gestures and wanting to be part.of the Robinson family. Definitely think we'll get a lot more jabs at the robot now that his bond with Will is complete and he realizes that Smith only used him for her own ends thereby creating a greater mistrust of her.

Honestly think people are being too quick to judge this based on the first season being a set-up season for the show's concept. They choose to focus on building the characters up and their reasons for choosing the mission over jumping straight into the overall concept.

Some of it is old hat, sure...but I thought they gave the characters appropriate plotlines to bring them together to form the Robinson family people have nostalgia with and the changes feel appropriate for this new take.

They made just enough alterations to make the concept more interesting and provide solid future story arcs than what the limited and simple original series could accomplish.

Edit: I don't remember shit about the original having not seen it since a child, but reading the wiki, other than the robot, the role of West along with a few changes to character original roles, and the gender change to Smith...pretty much everything is spot on to the original.

Lost in Space - Wikipedia

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    The first few episodes weren't bad. But each episode after that felt downhill and less refined.

This series is so bloated and has so much flotsam it feels like they made it in a rush and used a second draft as the shooting script. There's issues of almost every kind here, from poorly thought out technology to make the plots work, to too many superfluous cast members, to not having any payoff to the non-linear storytelling. I guess I also completely fail to understand "Dr. Smith", her motivations made no sense at all, both her long term goals and her short term ones, I can't comprehend her character.

I would've dropped the series, but with so few episodes I kept hoping it would pull out of it's own tailspin, but it didn't. I found myself around episode 6 frequently finding myself checking my mail, message boards, etc. instead of watching the series. I even paused it and watched some YouTube videos mid episode because it was doing such a poor job and felt overly tedious.

5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1
  6. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus DON'T TRUST THE RENDERS!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you!
    I've been waiting patiently to know when it's coming!

7. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

That image used on the video, evokes only one thought in my mind, the "You are being rescued, don't resist."

8. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits: