Dan Gilvezan 'not approached...for any recent TF games or movies'

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Voiceroy, Aug 27, 2010.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Voices, to me, don't matter as long as they don't suck. So know one wanted him to voice BB, that era's past. It's not 1984 anymore, and we don't *have* to have every old voice actor voice the new characters.

2. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Huh, that is rather odd.

Really does make one wonder if VW knew what the car was going to be used for, or if their tune on Transformers has changed?
    Maybe they're just more protective of the VW Bug, because it's kind of become their company icon.

3. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    OH my gosh dude! I should call Johnny right now and tell him that....he'll come for you head for calling him that! LOL

4. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    well thats a real shame..

i was hoping he'd be in Prime.. but since Johnny Yong Bosch did such a terrific job on WFC, it kinda puts things in a bind. i guess Bosch could continue for the WFC sequels while Dan could be the Bumblebee in any reboots, or probably the other way around

5. Greylight

Greylight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Please, no. I really hope the movie influence fades soon. X-Men animated shows still suffer from the influence of the movies, and it's very annoying. Bumblebee should always be a small car of some kind, if not a VW.

It really is a shame that Volkswagen doesn't want to be involved. They owe at least one purchase to Transformers. I loved Bumblebee and Goldbug so much when I was very little, that it instilled in me a fascination for the real cars. I wanted to have my own Volkswagen Beetle when I grew up....and I've been happily driving my VW New Beetle for 10 years now. All the time dreaming of a Bumblebee toy as a New Beetle, especially when Alternators were coming out.

I guess WFC 'Bee is as close as I'm going to get. Even one of the Hasbro guys made a similar comment at Botcon this year; that it was as close to a "sexy Beetle" as they could get. Thanks for that, Hasbro!

As for Dan, it would be great to have him back among the TF cast someday. In the mean time, it's great to see him back as Spider-Man.

6. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dan the Man Gilvezan, You are the man. They'll find a way to bring him in. At least if the producers of Prime love us as much as the Animated ones did.

7. VERT

VERT Bumblemus Prime

He IS Bumblebee as Cullen is Prime. I will be happy when we see the last of the stupid "I talk radio Bee" Bring Dan back as a small hatchback car like in Classics and Animated. That's more Bee than the Camero will ever be.

8. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

That's a crying shame. I miss both Dan Gilvezan's Bumblebee, Goldbug, and 1970's VW Bumblebee.
    If he can play Spider-Man, then he can play a Camaro!!! Spidey would make a great Camaro! (Marvel Crossovers guys, take note!)

9. Chopperface

Chopperface All the Stars Are Closer

News Credits:
    It's a nice little touch, IMO. Kinda makes me smile at how the teams of Animated and the movies acknowledged us fans by auditioning Welker and Cullen for Movie Prime and Megatron, and keeping Welker for Soundwave. Also, with the return of Judd Nelson as Rodimus Prime, John Moschitta as Blurr, and so on. They care about the fans on occasion. :) 

10. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well THAT f***ing sucks.

Not even a background voice?!?!

11. soundwave810

soundwave810 Active Member

I TOTALLY agree with the Dan IS BB sentiment. It's a shame but I suppose it one of 3 reasons. 1) Who ever they get would be cheaper. 2) Being that Prime's look is similar to the live action movies they want to move away from G1. or 3) they just didn't know. I really don't know but it is shame. Either Dan will ALWAY be Spider and Bumblebee to me. I'm just glad I have both series on DVD to watch and listen.

12. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

I don't get what all the fuss is about... pointless 'news'.

13. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I liked Dan's G1 Bee voice, it's not something I miss in any shape or form. Thus I don't really care that he's not in Prime or anything else TF related.

14. The Wombat King

The Wombat King Ruler of a distant land

Dan was the Bee, and should be again.

15. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, if only they'd have some cartoon that is totally devoid of the trappings of the movie, had a brand new look to it, and lots of show-accurate toys. Maybe they could set it in the future to not worry about movie continuity. :horse: 

16. EvaUnit-01

EvaUnit-01 Well-Known Member

I wonder then if Hasbro or the developing team are going to make Bumblebee mute in the series than? Even though it was in my opinion a mere plot device that prevented Sam from discovering too much of the plot in the first ten minutes, it is a trait that apparently is here to stay as evident from WFC Bumblebee toy bio, if Hasbro is really serious about having an overarching continuity. Though I hope that's not the case cause I would like to see Mr. Gilvezan back as Bumblebee cause I think he was given a lot of personality for some of the episodes were he was more than a background character in an ensemble show (Attack of the Autobots, Autobot Spike). Then again if that doesn't work, I would gladly have JYB back for Bumblebee.

17. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

To me Dan IS BB! The reason I got into TF in the first place so long ago. And to not bring back a man who has such love for the character for something like WfC or the upcoming Prime, or a couple of movie lines was just such a waste, especially when they recognize that Spidey-like sounding voice is how BB should sound anyway. It's frustrasting to see Hasbro acknowledge BB as one of their top characters, but none to the VA who helped make they happen, like they have with Cullen and Welker.

Simlarly, I have never liked BB as a muscle car Camero (which explain my rather small movie collection). I completely understand the VW problem (though I think VW are idiots for not allowing it), but I though Classics and TFA offered us a great solution with keeping him a compact. I hate the whole idea of slient BB too (no offense to Mark Ryan who a great actor btw), especially when it was worked into the WFC book. At first I looked at it as a nice way of getting around personally mising Dan in the role, but now it's just annoying. And TFA re-proved how well BB works as "the little guy" (kudos to Bumper for making BB his own buit in a way that wasn't muscle car Bay at all). So while I welcome the new guy with a chance to win me over on Prime, I think it's a big mistake on Hasbro part to not realize Dan's contribution was just as inflential as Cullen, Welker, and Latta (and many more who underestimate the role VA play in establishing a character).

This news makes me very sad.

18. Mattw38

Mattw38 Well-Known Member

19. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Peter Cullen is Movie Prime's voice. Frank Welker is voicing Movie Soundwave. There's your G1 connection.

The Beetle would have sold well with or without G1 Bumblebee.

20. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't even LIKE Bumblebee, but I consider Peter Cullen to be MY Prime, and Frank Welker to be MY Megatron, so I completely understand and sympathize with you guys.