Damn Street Dates!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dinobot Nuva, May 8, 2009.

1. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    That's the same reason Kill Bill was split in two.

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    well that is what my brother has said about all this ROTF problems people have been having, he said it is wal-mart policy that if it is on the sales floor they have to sell it if someone tries to purchase it, now after they make that one sell i think then they can take it back, but they can't stop you from buying it

3. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

lolwut?

Seriously, it's set as the 28th? Are you sure about that? Maybe it's the date when your store is receiving their stock?

I'm not calling your job skills into question, or saying you're wrong, just trying to cover all the bases here.

4. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think my wife would agree with you.

5. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Heh. But what about wives that do the same thing with their silly shit? We have to roll our eyes, pony up the dough and let 'em buy what they want to keep them happy. (Which in turn keeps us happy, which isn't fair.)

This is part of the reason why I haven't married yet. Once that ring goes on, the bitch comes out. lol

6. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    When I go to sleep at night I count yellow bulldozers.
    When I dream, I dream of driving yellow bulldozers.
    When I am having a nightmare, there is usually a transformed yellow bulldozer chasing me.
    I'm going crazy...If the 30th doesn't come soon, I am going on a rampage.

It's not that bad. At least my wife isn't. She allows me to get transformers as long as I buy here Vera Bradley purses.

7. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Yeah....I should've clarified. Not all women, not all wives are like that. I realized that a few minutes after posting it. I'm sorry to anyone who might've been offended by that comment, I wasn't aiming it towards anyone here or their significant others.

I was basing that on my personal past experiences.

Sorry to all. :( 

And I had to Google Vera Bradley. I still have no idea who that is. But according to eBay, considering it's a fashion label, the products are affordable.

8. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    No, lol. you didn't offend me. I know a few people though Husband or Wife that can be very controlling.

9. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

What the hell is wrong with people??? You know there is a damn street date, so why even bother trying to buy the toys. :banghead: 

10. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Just make sure you marry a woman that doesn't try to boss you around. I feel sorry for some of the guys who complain on here when I read about them and their wives. My wife knows not to even try to boss me around. I don't deal with anyone being my "boss" outside of a professional atmosphere. Just the same I don't think I am her boss either nor tell her what to do. Find someone who is your equal not your inferior nor your superior *through perception of course*

11. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually my wife is a Star Wars fan so, when I am in the toy aisle looking at Transformers she is looking at the Star Wars figures and vehicles. Acctually she is a huge Mara Jade fan and when we started dating instead of getting her flowers to woo her I got her the Luke/Mara comic two pack. That said she also does have an affinity for Coach purses.

12. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know who doesn't know the street date...Sears Essentials. Just picked up Leader Prime, Leader Megs, and Voyager Demolisher. All three rang up and didn't have to be a complete douche to get them. And BTW if they didn't ring up and the figures couldn't be sold I would have just let them take them to the back and bought the other stuff I had because I could wait the 12 days.

Edit: I also used the little price check scanner to see if the price would show up or say something along the lines of recall or something. So I had an indication that they could possibly be for sell before I went to the register. If they came up as recall or something I wouldn't have botherd.

13. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

So they can make new threads complaining that they can't get the toys they wanted, because Wal-Mart is EVIL!!!!!!

Seriously, how hard is it to wait till the 30th?

14. xNotMyFuturex

xNotMyFuturex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And do we really need a new thread started every time someone sees ROTF crap at Walmart? We already have enough of these threads and its getting hard to weed through all the crap.

15. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Start a thread complaining about it. All the cool kids are doing it.

16. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I see two sides of this argument.

The I went to Walmart and they had ROTF on the shelves but i couldn't buy them so i rolled on my back and threw a tantrum, till the manager finally sold them to me side.

Then there is the you idiots seriously can't wait till the 30th.....It's only two more friggin weeks side.

I'm not pickin sides damnit....I just want my toys.

17. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I lol at people bitching about this thread being so recent, even though its more than a week old.

18. Travicon

Travicon Nerdbot

i think making a fuss about not being able to purchace a toy that is out on the shelves could be ok in some situations. for instance i was thinking... say my friend who lives in dallas, oregon see's rotf toys at his local walmart, doenst buy them for whatever reason, not into tfs, no money, whatever. but hes calls me, who lives in salem, about a half hour or so drive depending on traffic to tell me they are in stock. nowsay i know nothing about street dates for toys, i thought that sort of thing is only for cds and what not. i drive to dallas only to be told that the product cant be sold to me, yeah id be a little put out, id be like, 'do you usally make a habbit out of NOT selling the items in your store? what else can I NOT buy?!?!' ya know? altough i dont know if that has actually happened to anyone but im just sayin if it happened to me id be pissed.

and as far as the flat out impatient ones who just dont want to wait, well i can see that too because they might be a little worired that they might not get the toys they want on the 30th because by now its pretty commom knowlage that thats when the toys come out.

the side i dont agree with is the people being, ummm lets just say not nice to others, thats just weak...

19. bombatron

bombatron adobocon

News Credits:
    :horse: 

20. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Family Guy joke.