Damn Street Dates!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dinobot Nuva, May 8, 2009.

1. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    The point I believe that AnimatedFan was trying to make is that by doing this method, shows the sale of the Animated figure, while a Movie one (completely different UPC) is not rung. Then the inventory will now be short of one Movie figure (which will be presumed as lost or stolen) and the Animated one will have show as having more instock than they should.

2. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dude, where im from they have to sell it to you for the price displayed. its happened to me loads of times. Advanced Wars for my DS, a set of speakers for my ipod, the list goes on.

3. tomboland

News Credits:
    ye maybe if your being a complete arse in the store

4. tomboland

News Credits:
    ye thats what i mean, price wrongly displayed not just put with something else.

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've onLy gotten through the first page here, but isn't the release date for the the 30th?? That's 3 weeks from now everyone, not 2. It falls n the last saturday of the month.

6. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Doesn't matter "where you sit." The store has no obligation to sell you anything at any price. As pointed out, it is good customer service to sell you the item at the lower price, but 1) that'll likely only happen when the price difference isn't too big, and 2) you can bet someone will be sent to change the label on that shelf/item straight away.

Nope. All stores have the right to refuse service. They don't have to give a reason, just a simple "We do not wish to serve you."

7. tomboland

News Credits:
    meh, tomato tomahto, theyre out soon anyways, dont c wot any1s worryin bout. atleast theyve seen them in the flesh

8. Optimus Sledge

You'd think that would be the sensible attitude.

9. grimlockprime

grimlockprime Well-Known Member

nope we don't

10. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Dude", no they don't.

Lancashire has the same law as the rest of the UK. Let's put this one to bed, shall we? (Sorry, I studied contract law. It's not as dull as it sounds!)

(Note - this is UK law, though I'd be surprised if US law is substantially different).

If a shop has an item on display, it is technically an "invitation to treat". In other words, they are inviting you to make an offer on that item! Yes, technically, this means you can go into Tescos and haggle over your tin of beans.

The "invitation to treat" is not an obligation on them to sell. Similarly, any price given for the item does NOT mean they have to sell it to you at that price. They're under no obligation to do so. You will find many shops DO, but this is a goodwill gesture and no amount of whining on your part will FORCE them to do it. Most shops (esp. the big ones) do because they figure you'll be back to buy more from them, but legally they DO NOT HAVE TO!!!

Read all about it here:

Fisher v Bell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharma...Britain_v._Boots_Cash_Chemists_(Southern)_Ltd.

(Normally I wouldn't use wikipedia as evidence, but they seem to have the facts straight in these cases, and I haven't got time to look elsewhere!)

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    what did your stomach ever do to deserve panda express? lol i kid i kid all they know is they can't sell them, and only he ones a bit higher up are likely filledin on the street date info, but still its good you filled them in, as for me ill wait the 2 weeks, its just not worth the argueing and hassle and beside no self check outs here :(  not that id resort to that

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The thing I can't figure out is how some stores seem to get it right and others make a total mess out of it.

Went by my local Wal-Mart to look for other thing in the toy department and I was floored that they were one of the smart stores. They a nice big space cleared off for the movie figures but none of the figures on the pegs yet. So come the street date all they have to do is put them up on the pegs and not have to deal with the I know it's on the shelf but we can't sell it yet.

13. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am still surprised by the May 30 date. I would have thought May 23 would have been a better date due to it being a holiday weekend for Memorial Day. Parents take their kids to Wal-Mart or Target to pick up stuff for a cook out, kids run off to the toy aisle and see new movie toys, kids run back to parents with new movie toy and whine for them to buy it, parents finally cave to shut them up.

14. Travicon

Travicon Nerdbot

lol, now let me change a few word to make it fitting to my situation...

I am still surprised by the May 30 date. I would have thought May 23 would have been a better date due to it being a holiday weekend for Memorial Day. wifes take their husbands to Wal-Mart or Target to pick up stuff for a cook out, husbands run off to the toy aisle and see new movie toys, husbands run back to wifes with new movie toy and whine for them to buy it, wifes finally cave to shut them up.

15. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    ^ LOL.

16. ArmedonLSD

ArmedonLSD Well-Known Member

I work for TRU and we still have the street date as May 28th

17. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I love rerun threads. They're like movie sequels. :popcorn 

18. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Fuck Wal Mart, TRU is where it's at, just like 07.

19. Optimus Sledge

Just don't merge them. The combined impotent pointless rage would punch a hole through reality.

20. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    This.