Daca Toys Kronos (Masterpiece scaled Skyfire / Jetfire)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

obviously, a reviewer can only review what they have in hand. i thank everyone for giving us honest feedback one way or the other on this thing.

raise your hand if you are still waiting for your first Kronos to show up?

***raises hand***

2. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yep, with increasing trepidation... C'mon Kapow...

3. superprime

superprime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    All the drama.....lol if only....if only.....

4. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was under the impression that the retailers who receive the next shipment (not DacaToys) would be the ones opening & inspecting the units?

5. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Hands can get dirty when assembling products due to paints, mold release lubricants, glues, dirty tools, etc. I think parts and finished toys generally get wiped down before being inserted into packaging, which likely didn't happen on some copies of Kronos. Mine was very clean, and I'm guessing it was wiped down because a couple of the sharp corners on my Kronos had some fibers from a rag or paper towel or something that snagged on them.

6. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ***raises hand***

7. discokid

discokid discobot

*Raises hand* It should be here in an hour! I'm so nervous!!!!

8. Outsider4Life

Outsider4Life Well-Known Member

***raises hand***
    Come on BBTS, where's my Kronos. While I feel for everyone who has the figure and has problems. I tell myself that most of the people who have good figures, don't usually post anything. Come on guys this thread needs some cheering up(it's too negative). If you have a good Kronos, post some pictures.

9. Ionus

Ionus Well-Known Member

*Puts hands in the air like I just don't care*

Still waiting too. Hopefully this week.

10. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm waiting on BBTS also. I've been really close to canceling my Pre-Order, but I still want to give this figure a fair shot.

11. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    That's what I read as well. At least from The Chosen Prime. They said they would inspect everything from the second shippment prior to sending it out. Hopefully they can catch any of the real bad eggs, some problems won't be found until a good transformation inspection. Mine had some issues but all were easily fixed.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  12. agentcastle

agentcastle crotchimus prime

not cool... too creepy and too early...

oh, and as usual, raises hand - i never get nuffin' on time

13. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

14. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    BTW, I just want to make one point on here, and people can take it how they want.

All the Kronos figures at this point have been sold. No one on here is trying to get any one else to buy additional Kronos figures. That doesn't help Arafat at all. His initial 1,000 units are sold to stores.

Sure people can cancel preorders, and if your scared that you will get a dud, then please do cancel. That still doesn't harm Arafat. That harms the stores, especially if they are stuck with additional stock.

So when certain people want to come on here and fear monger about "Shampoo plastic" transformers, you are only affecting other fans. Your calling the fans who bought this, idiots for doing so.

So if that is your goal, then by all means, go ahead.

I just hope for the people that have this, we just say how to fix these issues (just like any other thread) and try to help us out with those items.

On the Scoria Thread, there is already 3 tutorials on how to fix various broken items. On here, I haven't seen one.

Unless of course these fixes are like people said, tighten a screw. Or disassemble and shave down some parts a bit.

That is assuming you have a version that is painted correctly.

However, what I will say is, based off the poll, if your not willing to flip a coin, maybe this figure may not be for you. Like I have said in the past. I got a really really nice sample. Others have not. If you don't want to tighten screws and or disassemble and shave certain areas to close gaps, then you may not want this. Or you may want to wait for the "inspected units".

If you don't mind the hard work, PERSONALLY, I think you will find a keeper of a figure. That is, if Skyfire is one of your favorites, like he is one of mine.

15. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

Raises hand !!!!!!!

16. superprime

superprime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm waiting to see the ratio today....never seen such a fuss over a figure

17. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Being dismantled to provide spare parts to wave 1 owners.

:) 

18. SuperMegaAutobot

SuperMegaAutobot Well-Known Member

My Kronos arrived today and I am mostly pleased. Aside from a smidgen of white paint overspray i can scrape off and a missing pinky tip on one hand, it's in great shape.

Though it helps confirm that Daca should consider re-evaluating their factory arrangement if they stay in the game, I can live with the pinky issue. I will be slightly more skeptical of future offerings if there are any, but I'd expect Daca to learn from this one as well.

Arafat said he set out to make a G1 cartoon accurate Skyfire more or less by himself, at a low price with very little (if any) profit margin. I accepted the risks that a reasonable person should expect to come along with that and thus, I am pleased I bought this. A missing pinky tip is not worth the 50 dollar mark up to me that you'll find by waiting for other groups to tackle this, though I understand the frustration of others with more significant issues.

EDIT: I don't enjoy transforming this. The legs and feet are really awkward, the fears of breaking them feel warranted. Thankfully, I bought him for robot mode which is what he's going to stay in and don't really care about Skyfire much as a character.

Revised verdict: I think this is good place holder for those who want it for robot mode and don't plan to transform it much. Still pleased I got it, and will be especially so if future Skyfires are better built at this size but also cost $250 and up because I don't care enough to pay that much for him. If FT released one at $200 that was as well designed as their current efforts, I wouldn't blame anyone for waiting for that.

19. Ideefixer

Ideefixer Well-Known Member

***raises hand***

20. Joevette8

Joevette8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have some quick tips for the ankle ratchet fix, if yours happens to break:

1. Take apart the leg.
    2. Glue the ankle ratchet back together, I used acrylic cement and it worked great. Plastic glue did not hold. Also use a rubber band to hold the piece together.
    3. If you want a more permanent fix, so that it will not break again, sand down the last two rachets so that the foot bar can pass through them just as it does the middle ratchets. (I did not do this but this is why it breaks in the first place).
    4. Reassemble leg.

If this happens to you though, even if you decide to fix it, reach out to your retailer for a replacement part for a more permanent fix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.