Daca Toys Kronos (Masterpiece scaled Skyfire / Jetfire)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    Haha, actually I'd be afraid of CVProwl and Turnman. They did a solid job of exposing the broken logic in Optibotmus' posts. Go read.

To the extent that, his subsequent posts turned into, "Awww, shucks fellas, I's just doin' this fer the fans..ayyupp."

"Appeal to Pity", another Logical Fallacy.

2. agentcastle

agentcastle crotchimus prime

me hulk angry... me hulk SMASH!!!

Attached Files:

• hulk.jpg
      hulk.jpg
      File size:
      38.3 KB
      Views:
  3. CometArmagon

CometArmagon Planet Trasher Extrodiner

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

This thread.

4. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

@Zambot

I'm well aware of the benefits of a classical education ;p
    But the way you put it ... it was like the Rise of Greek Skynet, man. Scary!

5. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    The only thing I know when I read:

"I heard from a reliable source"

is

"He tell me"

Being a member here for the last 4 years, I have seen just about every know "fact" disproven.

I still recall that MP Soundwave will never be released. Ever. Don't wait for it. Kids don't know what it is and won't buy it.

How long did MP Soundwave sit on the shelves here in the states? 2 weeks max?

6. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Just 2 weeks? Then it's almost like he never got released, right? :p 

7. diecast17

diecast17 Well-Known Member

Soundwave didn't sit on the shelfs at all. Most stores didn't even get to place them on the shelfs before they were gone.

Shows how many collectors are buying these things.

8. Alucard77

News Credits:
    In fairness though, Optibotimus may be correct. Maybe there is QC issues. But at the same time, the rumor is dangerous and he should know better.

I got on Peaugh because his review didn't point out the tail tabs into the figure and judged it harshly based off of a "test" shot.

What Optibotimus did was actually worse. Because he is sharing rumor about QC off of test shots.

Like it or not, Optibotimus cannot be considered "one of us". He is a reviewer whose word affects sales. So spreading a rumor that may be true FOR TEST SHOTS, can affect sales of the final product.

If not for DT, then for the vendor. Which in turn, if they don't sell out and have to clearance stock, will not want to purchase future DT product.

Let's keep that in mind. We never affect current batch of toys with us not purchasing. We affect FUTURE batches from that vendor.

9. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    :thumb 

Haha, sadly in the world we find ourselves today, it's not too far from the truth.

10. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    LMAO i don't think i've ever used "shucks" in a sentence in my entire life

But i love how you twisted it into a "appeal to pity" sort of thing. Kudos, how do maintain such a successful therapy business and tell people what they mean when they say things all while having time to play on the internet and post on forums? Rather impressive.

11. BulletSponge

BulletSponge Self admitted plastic-crack addict

Oh Opti...
    The flamewar was almost over, covered very nicely by Alucard77, and you jump in and throw more gas on the fire...

12. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Nah i'm done. I just don't like how people decided to take this and turn it into an opening to attack me personally.

Carry on

13. Alucard77

News Credits:
    BTW, not killing you on this. But I think you know that rumors, especially on test shots have to be put in question.

If there is a final product out there and your source saw that, then that would be appropriate to share.

But just keep in mind your words carry A LOT more weight then 99% of the members here.

Some people are teeter tottering on this, so you saying that, can cost sales.

14. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

I think we all can agree that we have to wait for the reviews so we can make VALID opinions.

15. combaticon164

Alucard, I think you over estimate the weight some of these reviewers have with some of the fandom. Not everybody makes decisions based on some of the reviewers opinions. That said, I think the constant bickering is mostly on this thread because of boredom.

16. edabang

edabang Well-Known Member

I usually wait until I have a figure in hand to formulate my opinions. But that being said, I still have a pre-order for Kronos. What I have seen so far, makes me confident I will like the end result.

17. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Now having said all that, I don't believe Optibotimus said this to affect sales of the product. I think he said it trying to help.

Same as I don't think Peaugh meant any harm.

What my point is, with both those items, their words carry more weight.

Well, with people being so worried about the product I could see words driving a decline in sales.

I don't think reviewers are the only source. But I do think they have influence. I mean, look at the amount of views on reviewers.

18. combaticon164

I like the personalities sometimes more than the figures. Go see Thews reviews or Shartimus Prime. These guys have way to much fun.

19. Grimmrock

Grimmrock Dinobot

Really well said. This is totally it in a nutshell. Great intent, but rather dangerous execution.

I don't think he said EVERYBODY. Please don't minimize someone's comments by exaggerating the issue. He said some people who are on the fence could be swayed. I see a LOT of people saying, "I'll wait for a review to purchase" on these 3rd party figures, so clearly a very negative or discouraging review is going to drive down sales, just like a positive review would encourage more sales.

Pretty difficult to nail down a number, but you have to agree that the impact from a frequent reviewer carries a lot more weight than general comments from the rest of us. I think he's just saying is that as a reviewer you really need to think about what you're posting before you publicly prop up or put down an unreleased product, and I agree.

20. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I think they all have their traits. I like Optibotimus because he shows the forwards and backwards transformation of a figure. You have no clue how many times I was stuck on figure to look up multiple reviews to see them only review one transformation.

That is how Optibotimus became one of my go to guys. I could see it both ways.

So like I said, let's not vilify these guys. I doubt anything was done on purpose in some evil way.

It's just a learning experience. I have those daily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.