Daca Toys Kronos (Masterpiece scaled Skyfire / Jetfire)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funny, the two white things that partsform to the backpack were not on the reworked render of the jet mode:

[​IMG]

2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Six huh?

Damn, you're good.

3. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    I said the same thing, not as many words, months ago when I first became interested in kronos, and was ripped a new one by almost everyone in the thread because Arafat was the 2nd coming of Jesus and FT was the great satan. Several here who now have cancelled their preorders, crying home to momma, or other eccentrics called me a troll, hater, etc, just because I questioned the line "well he's doing it for the fans, no personal gain!" I thought that seemed a little too gimmicky, given the 1000 production run. 1000 may seem small, but a first run of an unknown business in an unregulated market is impossible to know.

No one is giving him a free pass now, but many here, I'm not naming names, it can be easily seen by going to the posts made in March and April, that there was a chorus of sycophants who refused to believe kronos was anything other than perfect, that Arafat was to be sainted, and if you questioned ANYTHING about the figure, even if you paid for your preorder in full, and overall was supportive of said figure, you were hounded as an outcast and philistine.

4. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    So you want big Kabaya kits?

"Hey, why bother with silly hinges and clever mechanisms when you can just unplug parts and plug them elsewhere?"

5. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    I agree with Webz the problem is some of these people are invested in Kronos and did so much work hyping him up that they cant turn back now.facts are facts like no landing gear parts forming and even his ugly grey alien face.who knows what else was conveniently avoided being told to fans for them to only find out once in hand.

6. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Arafat was also active with the community then. People like to support something or an ideal. This project fit the bill.

If you disappear from your project and don't discuss both the pros AND cons, people become volatile quickly. I personally think arafat withdrew because if he truly said what was on his mind to both fans and competing companies, he would have been banned. So he took the "nothing nice to say...don't say anything approach". Which doesn't turn him into a villain here, but also loses complete steam and hype for his project, while not being able to defend or discuss any of the downsides.

Arafat came across to me as someone who would let you have it if he disagreed with you or your opinions. Which is fine, but not necessarily a good quality when you are trying to play the PR game and hype your toy on a forum as well. You need someone that is level headed and can discuss things without flaring up a temper. Who can talk about drawbacks on a project without calling people out. Kronos is not perfect but I still think the positives outweigh the negatives. There could have been a lot of damage control if we had his insight as to why certain choices were made. But I think he chose to pull back so he didn't get in hot water for speaking his mind, or just didn't want to deal with the daily bullshit. For whatever reason, it is hurting this project that was primarily driven by fan support.

I still am purchasing this toy but that connection with the owner/designer as a fan has pretty much been terminated. It's just another business relationship now, but it feels like something less because of that. It was enjoyable to be part of a community experience that helped shape a toy. Its disappointing to see that the community also played a part in destroying that experience, as well as the owner/designer.

It's just another toy now, and you have to base your purchase of it solely off of one thing - do you like it?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  7. ARAFAT209

ARAFAT209 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dont come to the forum since its pointless

and yes the back pack its removable , as mentioned hundreds of pages ago .

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...terpiece-skyfire-jetfire-61.html#post10492276

one more thing yes the figure you asked me so much about yes i designed the same way and noone complained then , ill delete my account now it was a mistake gettinginvold with the people and take their ideas to create a figure , it will never happen again at least not by me , 7 figures i have designed 3 on the market 4 still on the limbo and this is the first i produce it and it will be the last , enough is enough

8. Ionus

Ionus Well-Known Member

No Hypnos. That sucks.

9. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Sorry to hear that...

It looks to be a miscommunication...

10. YOLOrenzo

YOLOrenzo Well-Known Member

Soooo... Are review units going out? The only thing to base my purchase on were the test shots, so I cancelled my pre-order. If you could send out advance units to prove the quality of the figure, I'd be glad to make a purchase, regardless of the whole backpack thing.

No reviews this far not the game is worrisome to me.

11. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Ummmm... You sold out your stock, most resellers sold out their preorders, and only very few have honestly cancelled their purchases due to partsforming or other issues... If I were you, I'd consider kronos a rousing success, not run away and sulk. KFC puts out all sorts of junk, and they still manage to hold their head up high... But that's totally up to you. Take what you learned and grow, or disappear. The community will continue to prosper either way.

12. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sadly thats what I interpreted as well and I'm pretty disappointed.

There are no innocent parties in this mess, and nobody wins.

well said.

13. Zoot

Zoot Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to see that the morons of TFW2005 have pushed you away and turned this project into a nightmare for you, Arafat.

I'm still eagerly waiting for Kronos and think he looks great.

14. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Here's how I'll deal with the backpack/wings being a seperate piece:
    The backpack has it's own little cockpit canopy so I'll pretend they're two vehicles that dock together like the Alpha & Beta from Robotech, or any number of super robots like Combattler, Voltes, Dairugger (vehicle Voltron) etc.

The lower portion is a sort of space cruiser or freighter (which wouldn't need wings) and the top portion with wings is for atmospheric flgiht and reconnaissance. They can dock together for combat.

Sure, it's not part of the G1 cartoon, but Skyfire was used so little in the show that we don't know much about him, and I've always wondered what the point was of the extra canopy on the top, so I figured why not just answer the question myself with some fan fiction. Toys is fun!

Just thought I'd share in case anyone else wants to use the idea. :) 

15. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good lord we have some first class buttholes on this forum.

16. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    The "morons" are the ones who poured gallons of praise upon him with zero criticisms, built him up to Jesus levels of mysticism, so when honest questions came around, he took them as attacks, his sycophants charged, and when the community realized kronos was a good figure, but not quite "the greatest figure ever sold" and started asking questions and doubting, many of the "morons" turned tail and ran, canceling preorders, and Arafat, rather than hanging around, taking in praise and criticisms with humility and grace, stomped off.

No one "pushed him away" except himself. The quakewave thread was full of criticisms about partsforming, shade of purple, shape of legs, etc... FT survived. TFC and KFC are continually hammered by the fandom because they don't do everything exactly how each individual fan thinks things should be done... They survive. The TF community is full of opinionated people, both for and against every single thing that comes out, both official and 3p... If Arafat can't deal with that, then maybe it's for the best he remain a nameless designer so all the criticisms and praise fall on the shoulders of the people who can take it.

Not meaning that to sound harsh, but it's just a reality of this world. Not everyone can be the CEO... some are born to be accountants, janitors, secretaries, and designers... But all play a role.

17. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    So Arafat's done with the boards?

It's VERY hard for me to blame him considering the attitude towards him the last while.

18. hordeall

hordeall Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    guess he is taking the advice of "if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen"

o well Fanstoys is on a roll

19. Harleytron

Harleytron Decepticon

Fanstoys success is related to this discussion how? :rolleyes2 

20. edabang

edabang Well-Known Member

@ARAFAT209
    Thank you for what you have designed and the effort you have put into providing the fans with a Masterpiece scale figure. I am happy that I have made the purchase and look forward to having the figure in hand. Thanks for the glimpse into what designing a toy entails. I'm sorry to see your experience has not been fun and hope you can find someone to work Public Relations for you. I think Diam Choc would be a good choice...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.