Daca Toys Kronos (Masterpiece scaled Skyfire / Jetfire)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. bigsteve03

bigsteve03 Well-Known Member

Parts forming is terrible, unless you're over on the MP Ultra Magnus thread then its the greatest thing ever.

3. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I really don't like faux parts because they tend to get in the way. Case in point: Generations Bumblebee. That thing was a mess. The faux car hood/chest always scraped against the ground in alt mode. I mean, really, would have really been that tough to just make the damned car front from the alt mode the actual bot chest? Anyway, I can see faux parts being a detraction. Quick question: How does this compare to the Mechafire version? I mean, it just seems like between these two, that one and Leader Jetfire coming out, that we're about to be inundated with Jetfires.

4. TransFan84

TransFan84 I'm here. Peanut butter. Tighty whiteys. Fork.

Yeah. I guess it would be pretty silly for him to turn into a big-ass handgun. Besides, many of us already have a miniature Megatron in gun mode for the other Masterpiece figures to use.

By that rationale, maybe some third-party group could crank out some mini-Soundwaves in tape deck mode.

5. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

WST Megatron could fit in MP-01 Prime's hand. WST Soundwave would certainly work for minicassette player.

6. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I can't believe this product. Not showing the partsforming until now is the equivalent of hiding it with the intent to mislead potential buyers.

There is obviously no substantial transformation, with all the new pictures it looks like nowhere could be found for the arms to go. To do something with the arms the legs are just spread out way too wide making the jet mode absolutely terrible from above. Just very fat and not like the animation at all. The nose is also just plain ugly.

The final blow to this is the paint. The design is too simple so instead of individual parts getting paint apps, the backpack has some kind of mask to apply the blue paint. It looks like what I would get if I put making tape on a custom and sprayed it with a can of paint.

The only thing that is keeping me from cancelling is the size. If someone can make a 4th party head this will still look OK in bot mode with my MPs ( from the front ).

7. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

i think you should cancel your preorder asap.

8. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    Dude, just cancel. You're clearly unhappy with the product so why take the gamble that some 4th party hero is going to appear and save the day? Just get out now and save us all from your future complaints.

9. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

and for the record, i really like the head design on kronos.

10. kdawg01970

kdawg01970 Woobie's Dad...

when is this guy coming out ?

11. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agree here.

Odeen, I kind of understand. There's some things that you like about the figure and others you don't, fact is, if you can honestly say that you will be happy with your purchase a week down the road after it arrives, by all means stick with it.

Otherwise, my advice would be the same as cvprowl's. It's a tough decision to make as you're gambling either way.

12. TransFan84

I would think ReproLabels would probably put something together. There IS a lot of plain white to break up or embellish. ReproLabels should jump on that.

13. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I hate the partsforming but after reading all the bitching about the bitching about the bitching, I just don't care anymore. I'll still buy the thing, and when/if something better comes along I'll just trade up.

14. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My guess would be they'd probably do the cockpit sticker and a sticker for the rear cockpit to make it match.

You can guarantee there will be some g1 style toy stickers in there as well.

15. TransFan84

There needs to be a square, white decal for the chest right above the cockpit, with an Autobot insignia on it. Slapping an Autobot insignia over those panel lines would make it look out of place, in my opinion.

16. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

Last night, I put some of the sticker sets on my MP Smokescreen, and man, what a difference, I love him much more now. It's a hit and miss though, not all their sets are good. One problem though, if there is only 1,000 units being made, maybe they wont feel it is worth doing a set because it's so low quantity, vs all the other figures coming out and selling well at much larger quantities. Time will tell, but I hope even Eness gives it a try, for decals.

17. TransFan84

Yeah, too much complaining. I don't like some aspects of the figure either, but there's a lot that I do like and I also wanna support a guy who did this for the fans. Shit, it's not like I have the talent or the resources to go out and do something like this more or less on my own. It's possible that in the future I may even buy someone else's take on Skyfire, but I like what's being offered here. I'm impressed.

Someone went out of their way to do this for us. It's gonna look great on my shelf.

18. perrych17

perrych17 Well-Known Member

So, FT Quakewave has a backpack that part forms and that is considered awesome. Kronos has one, and it's a federal crime? Sure, Quakewave has precedence with shockwave, but the point of Kronos is that we haven't had this figure before. The problem with all these toys is that they are trying to replicate an animated character that even the artists often had no idea how they would transform and fudged it often besides a few obvious motions.

19. haventgrownup

haventgrownup Procrastinator

As someone who stepped away from this thread for two days, I am amazed at what has happened (though I probably shouldn't be).

Is there a gas leak? It's like mass hysteria.

I think it looks/seems good. I would be still excited about it, if it wasn't constantly delayed. I think a lot of the complaining has contributed to the delays - every time there are multiple complaints about something, it seems like Raf goes back "to formula" or there is a delay (whatever the reason/excuse).

I know he doesn't visit this thread any more (and I don't blame him), but I wish he'd just "put the brush down". There will ALWAYS be something that someone will grouse about (sometimes with reason - there aren't many Transformers figures ever made that approach "perfection").

Is it perfect? Not by any means.
    Do I wish it didn't parts-form or that the jet's nose wasn't so tapered, blah blah blah? Yes.
    But, if the QC is above-average to excellent, then we'll have (after 29.5+ years) a huge, converting, articulated Skyfire figure that looks very close to his character model in both forms (for an excellent, per-pound/cubic-inch price).

With the way we've all behaved and "discussed" everything about this possible product, the vendors, the designer, and other companies, I wouldn't be surprised if Rafael just said "screw it" and that it isn't worth it - walk away from toy-making/-designing.

This is a really simple situation (granted, there has always been an element of gambling with it - it's his/their first project) of: Pre-order if you like what you see and have some faith, or don't if its too much risk for you or you don't like what you've seen. I think, all things considered, we have a great idea of its aesthetics, mass, size, and even some of its conversion.

That's all I want to know. It's been "just around the corner" or "soon" (to quote an insider, specifically) for months.

20. Rev

Rev Well-Known Member

So you have to unplug the jet pack during transformation? Is that it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.