Daban KO GT optimus prime

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by bacems, Dec 20, 2019.

1. OmegaRick704

OmegaRick704 Well-Known Member

Mine finally arrived yesterday after a long journey out of customs. I did have time to transform him last night but did get him out of the box and posed a few times, and I was pleasantly surprised with this guy. Now keep in mind I don't have the original, but I do own several third party and KO figures and the plastic feels like a good reasonable quality. I do agree with an earlier post regarding the leg ratchets, seems to be some excess space between them, you either have straight legs or an aggressive 'A' stance. My copy doesn't seem to have excessive shine to it but it is not overly dull either, I have seen better and I have seen worse (I know, not helpful). I was also surprised how much diecast is in the lower body, makes for good poses.

I will find out more once I transform him, but so far he has really good shelf presence and so far I am happy with the purchase.

• Like Like x 4
  2. OmegaRick704

Alright, for anyone interested...I finally got to transform this guy last night and I would agree with what nick1524 stated on the previous page in that the plastic does feel a bit like a KO, not that it feels subpar, just doesn't have a high end feel to it (and I didn't expect that it would). There are a couple areas of plastic (at least on my copy) where you can almost see some slight discoloration in the red plastic, almost like a slight marble effect but you have to really be looking for it and in the right light. Some of the joints and panels do seem tight and made me a little nervous about moving/shifting them around, but nothing broke during transformation. In truck mode, mine doesn't roll as easily as a rolling thing should, there is some slight clearance issues on the front tires and the plastic surrounding them. I need to check and see if I have everything in its place and transformed correctly with the front bumper (and yes I did pull all the rear tires outward as per the instructions).

As I have heard with the original, this one also is really fun to transform. I was surprised that it came with batteries installed for the light-up eyes and they are quite bright! Overall, I am still pleased with this one for the price.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    Could you post some pics?

• Like Like x 1
  4. OmegaRick704

I'll post a few pics that I took tonight, hopefully they will show the condition of the plastic. I can hardly get the gun to stay in either of the hands and in truck mode there are a few gaps that show the warped windows as was mentioned in a previous post.

Also, the panels that form the sides of the sleeper part of the cab don't tab into the adjacent panels as they are intended too; there is a small peg on those panels that tabs into the arms well enough to hold, however the side tabs don't want to tab into place.

Here are a few pics...

DSCN0723 (2).JPG

DSCN0724 (2).JPG

You can really see the uneven gap around the base of the windows here as well as the gap caused by the rear sleeper panels not wanting to peg in properly.
    DSCN0700 (2).JPG

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    Oooo. And I assume the original didn't have those fitment problems?

6. OmegaRick704

Unfortunately, I haven’t owned the original so I can’t speak directly to that. I only made a comparison to emgo’s review of the original.

7. Tetiobot

Tetiobot Well-Known Member

Definitely not

8. transformer_78

transformer_78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    another review:

• Like Like x 2
  9. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got mine today. Overall, it's not bad by any stretch. The plastic is definitely not as good as the original, which I also have. But, the ratcheted hips and better-locking arm panels are a nice improvement. The right shoulder swivel is a tad loose, but not horribly so. And man, the led for the eyes is crazy bright!

If you don't have the original, this is a pretty good substitute.

• Like Like x 5
  10. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Does anyone know if they're planning on doing the Bomber Megatron as well? I sold off my original Generation Toys Tyrant a while back and kinda regret it now. I wouldn't mind a KO or the actual thing if I can get it for cheap.

I am interested in this guy though. I like this design and always thought this one looked good even though I got the Gcreation Ultra Maxmus instead. Ironically I am trying to sell that one now too lmao

• Like Like x 1
  11. VelsR

VelsR Ancient of War

News Credits:
    I want one in black!

• Like Like x 3
  12. transformer_78

transformer_78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    quick look:

• Like Like x 3
  13. ErickCruz

ErickCruz Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    As far as I know this came out of nowhere (I never saw any threads that showed tests shots) so who knows. You could try contacting a seller/store and ask if Daban have any planned releases.

• Like Like x 1
  14. cultofkraken

cultofkraken Cybertronian Metalhead

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Excited to get mine! Looks beefy.

15. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Well-Known Member

Is there some trick with his gun? Mine has no handle to hold it.

16. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You just need to rotate it down.

17. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Well-Known Member

Oh ye that back piece. Mb. Thanks for that. I'm so stupid.

18. Matrix1981

Matrix1981 It's Hot Rod's fault...

Just received mine. They didn't design the clam shell very well. there is plenty of room on the bottom side but his chest and trailer add on stick out past the top half. Very strange. I'll put up a picture tonight when I get home.

19. Madgame

Madgame Well-Known Member

Received mine today. I do not own the GT version, so can't speak to comparisons. Judging purely on what this is, I'm happy with the purchase. There were a few out of box cleanup items such as the chest tabs, the left forearm piece was out of the arm socket so I had to wedge that back in, and a couple minor loose joints that is easily fixable with future.

I hope Daban does Tyrant too.

20. cultofkraken

cultofkraken Cybertronian Metalhead

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I dig him a lot. I know he’s a KO but the price and what you get is amazing value. image.jpg

• Like Like x 5