D.I.A. Commander Japanese Market Exclusive Trailer Set Preorder at BBTS...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Laser_Optimus, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Not really. If you pre-order something from some online stores and they have to pay upfront for the item... they had to use the money you paid to order that item upfront in most cases. Why should they eat the charges if you decide that you're going to completely cancel the order... especially if the item has already been paid for? Sure they can turn around and resell the item, but for the average item it may not be sold for awhile and, again, they have to eat the costs out of their profit margins. It runs on the same principle as a wedding shoot... it's a business.

Also, if it was in the item description from the beginning than you really should read the fine print whenever you order something.

2. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I understand its a business. I understand cancellation fees but not restocking fees. I'm talking about RESTOCKING FEES here. I think my friend got a full refund.

3. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    They probably just use the term "restocking fees" loosely. But the point is, they want money for stuff.

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, to me, if you're an online business cancellation fees and restocking fess are usually one and the same. Though, that's cool if your friend got a full refund and all... squeaky wheel usually gets the grease. Also, figuring what the item is they probably figure they can resell it easily enough so they won't be sitting on product for months on end.

5. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

you have to ask yourself..

do you feel lucky...

well, do ya?

OK, sorry, i had to do that, i started typing some other idea, but that just popped in there.

you have to ask yourself if the re-stock fee outweighs the pros/cons of switching the pre-order over to BBTS. it's a bit of a savings yes, and they have pile of loot to save shipping, but is the re-stock fee what you'd save from BBTS. It may as well be worth it in the long run to stay with KAPOW. BBTS MAY NOT have that many, and they are known to over assume thier preorders. this late in the game with BBTS, you may be safer to get one with KAPOW, and THAT would be worth the difference in my book.

6. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That is also very sage advice.

7. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

I open mine, and display them WITH the box, so I like the boxes to look nice. It's worth the extra $2 to me to get one of the best boxes they have.

8. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    Pre-ordered, thanks for the update :) 

9. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just to explain on our part about the cancellation fee - We're not trying to be aholes but we've already paid for the stock the fee only applies to orders placed before June as we cannot get out credit facility fees refunded to us, we also pre-booked and paid mailing slots which is why we were able to send the items to the USA for £6.99 with tracking and insurance.

I'm really sorry some people are upset but at the same time we took the time to sell to USA based customers and made the arrangements with regard to our postal account, we've now had 46 cancellations in under 2 days by people who were desperate for us to sell to them, we're not asking for the world we just cannot cope with the unsold units and then the expectation of taking on a 2.15% bank charge aswell as 46+ charges of £6.99 for unused postage.

If you pre-order an item and pay you enter into a contract, we're not heartless and we not corporate monsters but we are a business, we're not a 20th the size of BBTS, if you have any problems please contact us and sort it out, we've got a great rep but also understand we cannot please all the people all the time, we're more than willing to cancel orders but just do not have the facilities to handle that many unsold items and lose nearly £500.00.

I know its difficult to understand if your not a business and I truly apologise.

All the best

Andy

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  10. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You have to wonder what's going on. toy-wave closed their preorders two weeks ago. Kapow had a handful available but they may have just ordered an even lot and were selling off all the extra. Then all of sudden BBTS comes up with an pre-order for a whole bunch of commanders (300? 400? wonder how many they've actually pre-sold though).

Ah, the mysterious world of TF.

11. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Copy that, red leader.
    [​IMG]

12. Galva-Cannon

Galva-Cannon Well-Known Member

46 cancellations in 2 days? Wow, that really sucks and isn't remotely fair on the Kapow guys. All these people wanting to jump ship, just because BBTS has the preorders up too.

I would have thought that it's obvious that a pre-order where you have to pay in advance is different to the kind of pre-orders BBTS offers. Like Red Leader said, you enter into a contract with the seller. It's the buyer's decision to go for the pre-order and pay up front, and it isn't the seller's fault if a cheaper alternative for their part of the world turns up later. They could have waited to see if that would happen, but they made their own decision not to do that, so it's not fair to expect a full refund.

Actually, I'm not sure that it's fair to expect a partial refund either, so I think Kapow is very generous to offer that. People are very spoiled by BBTS and the kind of services they can afford to offer people.

13. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I may get this, exclusive controversy aside.

14. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    46 cancellations is a douche-move. If it's all US people it makes Americans look bad. If you want to cancel the preorder that's fine but you shouldn't complain about restocking/cancellation fees or postage.

BBTS's preorder policy is very unique and cost them money. Some people use BBTS's preorder option as a hold until they can find a better deal. These same people abusing BBTS are the same people who can't understand why BBTS has to charge more for items to make up for this. Probably the same people who would leave things in Pile of Loot and then cancel and rebuy items when they went on sale. So now BBTS doesn't allow refunds after two weeks (still very generous) and no pile of loot longer then 6 months.

(for the record, I sometimes use BBTS's preorder system as a hold. But 1) I also buy a fair amount from them and 2) if they changed the policy I wouldn't complain)

15. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have placed a pre-order, but for me to be satisfied with this I am going to have to make a run at painting a prime Blue to be Diaclone as well. Or at the very least pay someone to do that custom for me.

16. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hey Kapow guys I'm sorry to hear about our situations. Thats sucks. My friend wasnt complaing about cancellation fees or postage fees. He didn't like the restocking fees. Hey Videriant I work for a wholesale company and I know how it is. We don't charge our customers restocking fees if we don't have the item in hand or in the system.

17. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^^^ If it's restocking fees for not having an item I can understand the annoyance. Guess there just needs to be more focus on what's the fees are called.

Didn't mean to call out anybody in particular. Individually, nobody did anything wrong but together it's harsh. It's a case of the sum effect being greater then their parts. We shall this the GESTALT INTERNET POLICY CANCELLATION EFFECT . Or devestator for short. Muwahahahahaha

18. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    ...Ugh. That's just shitty behaviour. Seriously people, Andy does a lot for us, and you treat him like this? Sort yourselves out.!

19. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Wow. 46 cancellations is just not cool. I can't believe people are actually doing that after they've already paid for the merch. It's just sad and it makes the rest of us look bad. Sorry to hear about what Kapow is going through... having been in business school myself I can understand how you simple can not afford to take the kind of hit on the company's account that some seem to be expecting you to.

20. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    I agree. I can also empathize with the situation as I work in the finance industry and have gone over the financial statements of large firms that need to maintain huge cash reserves, just for customer returns/unrecognized revenue that was previously recognized.

Still, it is the customer's choice to cancel though. However I do agree that a full refund is a bit unfair to the retailer, given his relatively smaller operating platform and the sunk transaction costs incurred by full-filling the pre-order.

It's the customer's right and prerogative to cancel a pre-order...it's also the business' prerogative to maintain some financial stipulations for doing so.

The bottom line is, customers: read the cancellation policy BEFORE you pre-order, and agree to it!! Will save you a lot of heartache. that way, everyone knows what they are getting into going in to the transaction.