D.C. and Maryland Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Rodimus, Jan 27, 2003.

1. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They were at Arbutus the other day if you want to check.

2. CrazyLegs

CrazyLegs Well-Known Member

Thanks! Might try and swing by on lunch today.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bagofshhh

News Credits:
    Good luck!

4. Seed

Seed This space for lease.

I was at the old Hagerstown Walmart yesterday to see what the 35th cel shading looked like up close, not impressed with the execution. All the Primes had crooked paint apps on the windshields as well. Walked out with a Springer instead. They also still had G1 Soundwave.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Personally, I enjoyed TFCon. I went for the custom class on Friday, and also was there most of Saturday.

I semi agree that the dealer tables were fairly wiped out of older 3p items but I can't tell if that's because of lack of inventory, or because I spent 45 minutes waiting for the A3AU (Ages 3 & Up) convention exclusives. Personally I feel like I made out with some decent pieces. A metric ton of the smaller War In Pocket Iron Factory figures were available, so I ended up picking up three of those, a KO OS Titans Return Hardhead, one of those Reformatted Bulkheads, and a couple of autographs.

The Walgreens in the Rockville area and surrounding have been plumb wiped clean of Ratchets and newer MLs. It's as expected considering TFCon. I know, restocks, and online, but paying shipping is so 2018. ^_^

• Like Like x 1
  6. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

DC Metro Center Walgreens had at least two Ratchets as of lunchtime today.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bagofshhh

News Credits:
    Arbutus Walmart has the 35th anniversary display. One bluestreak left. Multiples of the rest. Around the corner there are at least two full cases of WFC Deluxe wave 4.

8. CrazyLegs

CrazyLegs Well-Known Member

Had to go after work but I got him in hand now

• Like Like x 1
  9. EdibLemur

EdibLemur Member

Just grabbed 1 of the 3 there. Still 2 left.

• Like Like x 1
  10. bagofshhh

News Credits:
    That’s cool. I don’t think I have ever found an exclusive there. Hopefully this is a good sign.

11. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    For those up north - Westminster Walgreens had 4 (now 3) Ratchets as of 6:45pm tonight.

12. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dang! I had given up on that place and ordered through the app. Good knowing he's around though.

• Like Like x 1
  13. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah I have been checking there for the past week and stopped on a whim yesterday evening. Was surprised to see him .....

• Like Like x 1
  14. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Yeah, after a week of checking the Chinatown one I went to the Metro Center on my way to pick up lunch and was pleasantly surprised.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BatLantern

BatLantern Well-Known Member

Did they have them in stock at one point? Ive been popping into Seven Locks every other day since the DC sighting and I just thought they had not received it yet.

16. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, just to chime in on some of the TFcon talk for future historical purposes (since I don’t journal).

I felt having the art in a different room, made more breathing room in the dealer room; but since artwork is not really ‘my thing,’ I think I missed out on some unexpected surprises that I would’ve more likely come across had those creative people & products been in my peripheral while waiting at another booth with figures.

There were a few sellers with nice prices and products not at others. Early on I found one with a box of $5 items or 4 for $15; and a box of $10 items or 5 for $40. I wasn’t into tf bust statues, but at those prices I picked up some (I guess the Friday custom class gave me more confidence to try and mod, so first up will probably be an attempt to find legs for that pointing Elita-1).

Upon reflection, I think Tfsource not being present made fewer lines for exclusives. The website & map the convention gave out listed where the sponsor sites with exclusives would be. While reviewing in line before the room opened, to plan my route, I realized that all but one exclusive would be in the a3u line; and when someone told me the G2 blue PX grimlock made 300 copies (while only 120 were at the convention) it made the first line to get in a no brainer. The fact that blue grimlock exclusive was $30-$40 more expensive than all the others also made it easier to exercise some patience to wait and see what etailiers would charge afterwards (FYI... RK was/is selling it for $20 less than the con price, and after shipping, still $4-$6 less expensive than the con price).

Maryland

That username makes me I think I got a bundle of mini/legend combiners from you at the TFcon they had in Reston a few years back during an evening where I was naive enough to not bring my big convention bag back with me after unloading the day’s purchases in my car.

Anyways, I was hoping to be surprised by some OS’d KOs like I was last year when they had that open & play galvatron and JJ aerialbots.

I wasn’t sure if tfsource or the captured prey would show up, primarily due to the credit card issues reported on these boards and their apparent silence on the issues over the last year. But the people behind captured prey were there, just without their ‘large store branding’ sign (I however recognized their purple T-shirt’s as they were a part of a pleasant experience I had at my first TFcon a few years back; and for the record it was a pleasant experience this time around too). They were clearly clearancing things out because they had numerous ‘older’ 3P and hastak items at very low prices. I’m just disappointed I didn’t notice their location sooner, as there’s no telling how much I missed out on. A few I recall seeing were: a few yellow exclusive trailbreakers for $50 each (other booths still selling for ~$110 each), open & play springers for $40, old exclusive colored twintwists $20 each (others selling at $60 each) warbotron computron bots for $30, a few deluxe takara legends for $25 each.

In hindsight, I think I’d make better use of the bulletin board for items people were selling. Granted, the physical size of the board provided was ridiculously small (not sure if that was intentional or not) which made the clamouring/conjestion worse, despite there seemingly being more people selling items valia the bulletin compared to last year.

I also think I’ll dedicate time to ‘digging in the crates’ of oldies not kept in mint condition. On the last day, I happened to notice a couple of bins by a vendor I purchased an item from and as I haphazardly started rummaging through it, a couple of other guys came over and started digging and naming figures, telling stories (that’s bravestar and it came with___ that used to ___, and that’s the XYZ, remember the ABC? Can you find a ____ piece that looks like ___, it used to come with ___).... it reminded me of the ocassional occasion of going over to a new neighbor’s house or of a friend’s relative’s house in the 80s going through and handling their toys which I hadn’t previously; and without the ‘kid gloves’ we perhaps use too frequently now as adults, but rather using the kid mitts we likely used as kids with ‘non-gingerly’ handling of these TOYS.

Okay, journal purge out of the way (with enough keywords to hopefully find in a search after a few years), here’s a sighting of some ratchets found in Clinton, MD yesterday.

F9862456-A576-4B5A-9B34-11174D360657.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    ^ thanks for your post, your synopsis of the event was good. I didn't even realize CP was even there either, it was so muted for them. And I'm kind of glad Toyhax wasn't there, otherwise that would have been more spent. As it were, I did manage to sell off some of my items that I had gathered together and pretty much came up even.

First time since the con that I've been able to go look for anything just because of time. Germantown Walmart already did away with their display, so they have more than a few Megatrons and Optimus cel shaded in a small area. Loads of Studio Series Drop Kicks, and not really much else to go on. Even their Star Wars stuff is lacking for 6" Black Series.

18. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    Oh man, I hadn’t seen their display and I have been checking there for a couple of weeks. Do you know where it is? Any chance there are any Bluestreaks left?

19. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    Never mind! I took at trip up to Buckeystown Walmart and found a Bluestreak there! There’s one more left if anyone is looking. They also had plenty of the 35 Anniversary Voyager figures and Siege wave 3 and 4 deluxe figures.

20. EdibLemur

EdibLemur Member

Just stopped by Riggs Rd Walmart in DC to pickup a Bluestreak that I had shipped to the store. They did not have any 35tg anniversary that I could find in toys or clearance or holiday decorations. Brickseek and their system also show them as not having any so it’s no surprise. They did have some Siege Chromia, Mirage, Impactor, and Brunt. I’m on the hunt for Soundblaster but won’t have access to anywhere outside the DC area until just before Thanksgiving, fingers crossed there are some still around.