D.C. and Maryland Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Rodimus, Jan 27, 2003.

1. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    The DMV area lacks of the good stuff. Hey when you don't find anything in stores it means that it's time to hit the internet and start shopping there.

2. kingnothing80

kingnothing80 Well-Known Member

NEW!!! Ok, maybe not all caps worthy, but the TRU in Frederick received a case of new scouts. I can't remember the third member of the group, but they had a few Oil Pans (orange Breakdown repaint) and that blue guy...Breacher? New mold with guns? I think that's his name. Anyway, that's it by way of new, but with the buy 2 get 1 free on Scouts, it could be worth it. Going to Westminster tomorrow with the wifey. Anybody been anywhere up there recently?

3. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yes I've been there. Their TF selection was really small but they did have a few WFC Primes, BBs, and I think I remember seeing 1 Darkmount there. They also had some ROTF figures, BB helmet, RPMs, etc. Not sure if the express stores only get overflow or what.

If anyone is interested the Kohls in Westminster had ROTF figures on clearance for $4.49 - it was mainly the Mudflaps and Skids that never sold but there were some other figures in there too (Sideswipe, Jolt, Scorpionok, etc.). YMMV but other Kohls may be doing the same thing ... worth a look ..

4. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    Not a huge deal, but the Walmart in Ellicott City (29 and 40) restocked with the exclusive HFTD 2-packs. Someone other than myself must have bought at least one. Otherwise nothing doing on my end...

5. mikeyfuzz

mikeyfuzz Newly converted GIJoe fan

Ebay:
    Hey guys, can someone help me out. I had my wife look up in TRU.com the location of the Westminster TRU, but I couldnt find it while I was driving around, is it no longer there, or am I just an idiot?

6. kingnothing80

My plans took an ugly turn and I didn't get out there after all. However, I think the website counts the TRU express that's in the mall as the TRU in Westminster.

7. mikeyfuzz

mikeyfuzz Newly converted GIJoe fan

Ebay:
    Ok, big thanks!

8. Shinzero02

Shinzero02 Well-Known Member

Note: The Human Alliance finds aren't limited to just T.J Maxx. Ross, and AJ Wright carry them too.

At the TJ Maxx on Reisterstown Rd I only saw an Animated Wreck-gar for 12.99. At the Ross in the same plaza I found a HUman Alliance Sideswipe for 14.99. At the AJ Wright on Security blvd. I found several HA Bumblebees (16.99), HA Barricades(16.99), an Animated Grimlock(12.99), an animated Lugnut(12.99), and an animated Shockwave(12.99). All the stores carried various other hasbro products like GI Joe movie vehicles, and some Iron Man and Halo figures.

9. kingnothing80

Damn! So that sucker HA Mudflap still hasn't been spotted at a discount store in Maryland? Haven't tried the Ross in Frederick and I'm not sure if we have an AJ Wright, but I'll find out tomorrow.

Also, Fred TRU has 2 cases of HFTD Voyager wave 2 sealed on the floor. I don't really want anyone from that wave so I didn't bother to open 'em up. They'll probably be set out tonight or tomorrow morning. Still wishing for a case of the new deluxes and Generations to turn up.

10. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    It's a Toys R Us Express in Town Mall. And it's the biggest letdown ever.

11. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sunnovabiyatch! I was just there on Saturday, and the pegs were empty!
    Sheesh.

Hatgerstown Wal Mart had the new Legends, and that was pretty much it.

12. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Found Breacher and Oil Pan at TRU Owings Mills yesterday - they have the buy 2 scouts get one free promotion going on so I tossed in one of the wave 1 scouts for the hell of it. There were a pair of Breachers and Oil Pans left after I got mine ...

Nothing of note in Reisterstown Target ...

Yeah not really worth the drive if you are not in the immediate area .. *very* small TF selection ... I wouldn't plan a trip there for this TRU .. you'll be cursing to yourself all the way back home :) 

13. kingnothing80

Ross in Frederick had very little. Any robot hero fans? They had a couple "shanghai shootout" multi packs. It had the twins in ice cream truck mode as well as others. That's about it.

14. Bumblebee92

Bumblebee92 Wheeljack Fan

are you sure you didnt see the new hftd wave there they had like 10 of each most of them were outside of the isles on theat long shelf but they had some hailstorms in the isle

15. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    Checked Catonsville TRU today...saw some Rampage at the Ruins sets and some Green Devys. Nothing else of note.

16. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was informed of the wrong Kmart for "the one near curly". For future reference its off of moravia rd, in the same shopping center as the giant. Oddly enough there's a KFC/Long John Silver's combo there

17. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Hagerstown Ross has nothing, but Marshall's has 1 HA Sideswipe for $19.99 and a ton of Animated Skywarps and Shockwaves... Didn't scope the price though.

Oddly enough, Ollies in Hagerstown has a lot of new(er) stuff... First of all they had about 15 ROTF Voyager Ratchet/Voyager Grindor sets for $19.99. A set I've neither seen before nor even heard of. They also had a few of the ROTF Pipes/Sideways sets from Wal-Mart... no price tag, but for 2 deluxes, probably $10-$15. Beside those were various Robot Replicas (mostly Skids, Jetfire and Megatron), some legend-y/mini-con looking things, a few Mighty Muggs (G1 Optimus Prime and Bumblebee) for $5.99 and a ROTF Devestator for $79.99.

18. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    The ROTF set was a Costco exclusive. In the six or seven Costcos I visit for work I didn't notice them selling well, so hearing of them at Ollie's is no real surprise.
    The Devy is a rip at that price. There's one languishing near me at $64, although it can be argued that that price is too high as well.

19. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Oh, right on. No Costco's around me, guess that's why I've never been aware of this set.
    Yeah, I was surprised to see it there, but even more surprised it was marked at $80! I'm pretty sure the last time I had seen any at Wal-Mart (December? January?) they too were already marked lower than that!

20. Kaosu Reido

Kaosu Reido Well-Known Member

As of about 6:30PM yesterday:

Golden Ring/Rosedale TRU: Nothing new. Still 3 MP Grimlocks, some Rumble in the Ruins sets also available.

Fifteen minutes later, Golden Ring/Rosedale Walmart: Nothing new, they've restocked on wave 1 Generation Deluxes.