D-10 "possibly" in the works!! :)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Moy, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    If this has been posted before, sorry, but this makes me real happy when I read it.

District-9 was a powerful film that in many levels surpasses Transformers (still love them both equally though). I know a lot of people think sequels are a bad decision but this film needs to be followed up asap.

District 9 Sequel May Be Headed To District 10 This October

2. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Eh. The first one is my personal favorite movie of all time, and I don't really feel that it needs a sequel. Could be cool though if they get the original people back.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Unnecessary sequel is unnecessary....that being said, I'll give it a watch. Distract 9 was a well made film.

and that would just kill any interest I would have in a sequel. D-10 should be a film that moves past the original characters to further elaborate on the larger story. Returning to those characters would just give us a rehash of the original movie...which I guess what movie goers want.

4. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Could be either bad or good. I personally thought the movie was ok as a single movie with no sequel intention. IF there is a sequel i hope it doesnt fall into classics cliches, thats all i am asking.

5. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Jesus dude...Okay, when in my post did I say ANYTHING about not wanting what you just said? I just want three characters from the original cast, Wikus, Tania, and Piet (On top of Christopher Johnson and a possibly now older son). I would love new characters, and a fresh story. But if they do make a sequel (Which I would prefer they didn't), then I wish they would at least tie up Wikus's storyline.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  6. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Eh, I did not like District-9 at all. I really still want those 2 hours back.

7. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Well they are going to need a great lead, I mean that South African dude
    (don't know his name) in the 1st movie really nailed it. His transformation from goofball goverment inspector to alien freedom fighter was great and really an emotional rollercoaster...

8. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I loved district-9 alot and is diffently in my opinon one of the few great movies to come out in awhile and is far superior to avatar(thats right I went there) also it totally got screwed by the academy. But anyways the thought of a sequel is right now effy there is a sub article in that article about what to do. And I agree 100% with what they said. Ditch the documentary thing, continue on with the same characters(Christopher's return to Earth, If he cures Wikis and if Wikis returns to his wife) also I wouldn't mind it showing the Prawn's world I think it be fascinating.

9. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I fucking loved District 9. 2nd favorite movie of all time.

I'm sort of excited about the sequel, but I kinda want D-9 just to be left alone. This could be good, however.

10. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Well, hopefully they'll cut down on the number of f-bomb's used. I swear I've never seen a movie that had that much f-bomb use in it before.

11. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    eh, no. The documentary style was one of my favorite things about the film. I'd prefer there was no sequel, movie is great on its own

12. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Out of all the possible things they may do in a sequel, I can honestly say the amount of swearing in it is at the absolute bottom of my list of worries - right below if there are 10 or 11 ice cubes in the pop I buy before I go in to see it.

I think a sequel is warranted for D-9 - I want to know what happens if/when alien what's-his-name comes back with reinforcements.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  13. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    In a world of remakes of, and sequels to, films that were nothing that special to start off with, a sequel to a decent film like D9 is about inevitable.

A quality sequel. Not so much.

14. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I could live without a sequel to D-9, it was a good movie in it's own right, but part of it's appeal is the unanswered questions surrounding it and the kind of downer, yet hopeful ending to the film.

15. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Probably the same place you assumed that I was giving the producers of the GL movie zero credit. :thumbs2: 

But you know as well as I do, that sequels usually entail nothing more than rehashing the original so the thought of the original cast returning (esp Wikus because his story is pretty much tied up) would basically entail said rehash.

16. Roadtrack

Roadtrack Well-Known Member

In the sequel I want to see the Prawns' homeworld, what are they really called and if Wikus will be transformed back to human.

17. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Yes, indeed.

Something I would love to see, besides the aliens returning, is more of the Prawns technology and more of the weapons.

When I first saw D9 I just got stunned at how marvelous the weapons were, I mean lightning is 100x's better than lasers. I know D9 was great and many will worry that a sequel will bring a curse, but I don't think so, this isn't a Bay film.

18. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

Eh, I did not like Revenge of the Fallen at all. I really still want those 2 hours back.

And sequel NOT NEEDED. Great film, job done.

19. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

THIS is the most important reason any fans would want a sequel. Wikus's story is not yet over.

"Three years. I promise."

There is a world of material in that one line.

I can't agree at all. It isn't tied up in any way. Wikus is living as a Prawn with fairly sure knowledge that if he can just hang on for 3 years, Christopher Johnson will be back to fulfill his promise. It's got to be about the only thing that keeps him going.

I think it speaks volumes to how well we got into Wikus's skin that so many fans want to know where he goes from there.

- Coeloptera

20. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Eh, I'm no nancy pancy, I don't mind the f-bomb really. But having to hear it in almost every bit of dialogue really did hurt my enjoyment of the movie a little bit. Using it some is okay, but overdoing it like they did really makes it hard to take a serious movie seriously. Atleast IMO anyway.