Cybetron Prequel - Sentinel Prime(speculation)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Cosbydaf, May 23, 2020.

1. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

So I got to thinking about this movie. If it starts with Orion Pax and builds up to him becoming Optimus (which seems like a decent enough premise for a film), he obviously wouldn't be leader of the Autobots yet. That means we might get to see Sentinel Prime as a main character in a movie again. Of course this wouldn't be the same as his DOTM incarnation, but I could easily see them including references to that, like his weaponry, maybe the triangular window chest.

Anyone else interested/excited by this possibility? Who would you pick as a voice actor? I think Clancy Brown could do a great Sentinel.

2. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Personally I am sick and tired of the legacy/dynasty whatever of primes BS, it's played out, boring, and always completely joyless. All you have to do is acknowledge that there are leaders before Optimus Prime and move on. Doing Sentinel again, and making him reference the last time they did him, would just be confusing and tiresome IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    It'd also just add fuel to the "is this a prequel to the Bay movies?????" fire, which we seriously need to avoid.

The movies handled the whole Prime thing pretty badly (which isn't surprising given their record), but even in something like IDW It was joyless and boring, they just made basically all the Primes evil except Optimus. Not flawed, just mustache-twirling dirtbags.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't read the IDW comics take on the Primes, but from what I have read about it they really sucked the life out of the idea.