Cyberverse spark armor Cheetor

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, May 29, 2019.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Weren't a fair chunk of the original BW basics spring-loaded?

If it's for a spring-loaded transformation that's fine by me.

It also would unironically be our best bet at getting a decent Shatter toy since the SS figure sucks so bad.

2. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Maybe SS Shatter would be better if you jammed Cheetor's ship against it, haha.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Capperclawed

Capperclawed I'm just here for the third party Raiden wars

I know the transformers series has never really been a HUGE advocate for proper scale, but this is just throwing any semblance of it. As a guy who hasnt been following Cyberverse at all, is there any in-universe reason why they mushed a battleship with a cheetah? or any explanation for any of the spark armor?

4. diablogunner

diablogunner Defender of the All-Spark

Okay, not really a fan of Beast Wars or Cyberverse, but something about this orange Tabby has me curious...

5. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Is there any word of a larger figure based on his original design-inspired look?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  6. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At least they made a new head for the armor, but I'm a bit bummed they didn't a more beast-like armor, like, say.......a spider.

7. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Two things...

1. Isn't that the same Spark Armor that comes with Bumblebee?

2. It seems like he has a lot more blue in the animation model. The mold doesn't look bad but the utter lack of paint on the figure is disappointing. All we get are his face and shins? His color scheme looks so much nicer in the cartoon while the toy is just a whole lot of yellow with not much blue to break it up. Kinda feel like maybe they could of given this guy a better paint job if he didn't have the spark armor.

8. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Rule of Cool.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Venixion

Venixion Member of the notorious Pew-Pew Posse

News Credits:

There's always customization. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Venixion

Venixion Member of the notorious Pew-Pew Posse

News Credits:
    A fast cheetah torpedo? 0_o

11. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Besieged by Rising Hasbro Prices!

THAT... is an unfortunately fair criticism! :lol 

I wonder why I forgot about the BW springs.... :confused:  Maybe they were less invasive, less stupid, and less forced? Every current Hasbro toy with springs is generally horrible, imo. The springs today are used in crucial places where any damage or degradation to the spring ruins the toy in a meaningful way. Especially annoying because those springs weren't necessary for the same transformations in G1 toys (generally speaking).

A G1 brick could last DECADES. I don't see that happening with current toys.

12. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not just the G1 Bricks. The early Megazord, the Brave figures. These were all aimed at little kids like Cyberverse and they are rock solid plastic and durable. The plastic was strong enough that even if there was a hollow bit, they don't don't feel it. Even the KOs of the Brave and Eldoran toys that came to the US back in the 90s were solid toys.

Even if you doubled the price of those early BW Basics to $10, they're much better articulated and painted toys than the $15 Warriors they're giving kids today.

And for anyone who thinks you can't do tiny vehicles at that size... lemme introduce you to the G2 Cyberjets...

G2Cyberjets.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  13. ZapRowsdower

It's cause Hasbro has struggled to keep prices low among the skyrocketing oil prices and other "inflation" costs. Frankly, what happened in the 80s is all but verified to be a unique moment in history. A time when material costs were low, and parents allowed Saturday morning cartoons (albeit briefly). Without the cartoons, you have less interest from kids, and that means the toy industry will suffer.

Which would be fine, if cartoons were really as evil as those idiot moms made them to be. But while they abolish guns, cartoons, and fast food, I see no social war against ice cream shops, make-up, and fashion that changes every month! It's completely targeted hypocrisy.

The low-quality Cyberverse toys... I wonder if Transformer toys will get better from here or worse?

• Like Like x 1
  14. RMStunticon

RMStunticon Dan Kuroto Fan

It also should be mentioned that the budget for Cyberverse is likely severely cut into by the Studio Series and WFS: S lines, and that Hasbro didn't have to design most of the toys in the first years of the G1 line.
    That said, it's a shame that the creativity and broad influences going into Cyberverse aren't seen in Siege, or that Cyberverse is so horribly limited in its quality.

• Like Like x 3
  15. ZapRowsdower

But tell me you DON'T want spring-loaded punches and half-transformations in your Generations toys! :lol  I am NOT a fan of those things.

You say "creativity" but I don't quite follow. I can pull almost any TF toy from the 80s/90s and show how much more creative they were. A lot of stuff today borrows heavily from those old ideas, being as "creative" as "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies." I haven't read the book, though, so maybe it's a lot more creative than it sounds. :p 

16. RMStunticon

RMStunticon Dan Kuroto Fan

I meant like the whole vehicle armor idea or the use of characters not from G1, maybe "creativity" was the wrong word tbh. As cool as Siege is, a lot of the G1 designs... aren't, and Siege only goes so far to update them. Creative was probably a bad word. Maybe more inspired would be better.

17. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper Why do I keep dying!?

18. Override Prime

Override Prime Well-Known Member

Do we have an estimate for when this guy might be available? With a little paint I might use him as my primary Cheetor.

19. Fallout

Fallout a dude he can't lose when lives on love

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    it's too bad this guy isn't a scout. a scout-sized, spring-loaded cheetor would look great in a bw collection, being in scale with deluxe tigatron and fitting in with those first year basics.

20. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What advantage would spider armor give Cheetor? The battle ship gives him naval fighting capabilities that he would not have as a Cheetah. All the Spark Armor figures work along the same concept.
    It is, but with a new bot head and shot from different angles.