Cyberverse Season 4 Official Trailer & Part 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TheGoldenPenguin, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When you're not-BW Megatron is far better than WFC's BW Megatron (honestly nearly every aspect of this show is better than WFC).

I want part 2 now damn it.

• Like Like x 11
  2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I like the idea that BW Meg's could potentially be this brain genius who instantly goes full fanboy the second he actually meets his hero.

It's *one* interpretation out of infinite options. Especially when you've got a guy like G1 Megs who absolutely would not tolerate someone piggy-backing off his legacy.

Of course it isn't. They're trying to establish Mercs as a new faction at large. It's branding/synergy.

• Like Like x 5
  3. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was amazing. The mercenaries were great, I really liked the dinobots, and Cyberverse trypticon is one of the best characters ever made.
    I want part 2 right now.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  4. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Makes you wonder if Nightbird will be originally of the Mercenary Faction then joins the Terrorcons in Rise of the Beasts. Since one of the faction insignia Scourge has a trophy is of the Mercenary faction.

• Like Like x 9
  5. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    just finished it, so fun, so much going on, a great spotlight and new origin for the dinobots and they all looked great and were fun. the fight with trypticon was very enjoyable. wasnt to much a fan of sounblasters voice though; didnt like the voice of volcanicus either at first but then realized it made sense when he's composed 4/5 of energetic younger bots. the fire absorption they had seemed cool and wish it had been utilized a bit more. also, anyone else just love the goofball BFF relationship its given grim and arcee :) 

also great bit of starscream use even with him gone, trying to stop slipstream from cheering for soundwave lol of course seeing slipstream again was great but that leads me to one of my main issues; as i've mentioned before, skywarp seems to be getting the shaft in season 3 and 4 as with all the crowd scenes and character cameos here, still no sign of her. really hope she has some screen time in the second part and they didnt decide to just drop her character.

i give it a 7 1/2 out of 10

• Like Like x 1
  6. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

Just gave it a watch. I actually really liked this twist on Trypticon, and the origins of the Dinobots - a whole Transformer colony who modeled themselves on Grim based on his message from prehistoric Earth is really interesting!

• Like Like x 5
  7. Taranza

Taranza Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Genuinely surprised they actually kept megatron dead this time around, talk all you want about the show but I think this is one of the few transformers shows to both kill off pretty major characters (Shockwave, Starscream, AND megatron all died) and actually kept them dead save for a few callbacks and/or flashbacks

• Like Like x 9
  8. faciov42

faciov42 Well-Known Member

Well, that episode was amazing indeed. It's what someone would expect for a special episode and they really handled well mostly everything but I have a doubt, why is everyone saying that BW Megs was in the episode? or did I misunderstood something? ( I watched the spanish dub version so I couldn't recognize maybe David Kaye's voice if it was there)

I rate this special with 4 out of 5 stars.:rolleyes: 

now...HasTak....people really need a figure of this trypticon....you know, something that they can afford.

• Like Like x 1
  9. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Mentioned this before but am I the only one who heard Scott McNeil’s and Garry Chalk’s portrayals of Hack and Slash from ReBoot in Doublecrosser?

D3E2F1A1-145D-4029-9066-2B879EF94F0F.png

• Like Like x 5
  10. Sauce Guy

Sauce Guy Well-Known Member

It leaves me wondering why we haven't gotten more toys of them yet. I was bummed to find that Legacy doesn't seem to include any.

11. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus @DiddlyDipstick on Twitter

I don’t know about you, but I have absolutely heard people saying it’s the best thing since Animated. I’d have to go find quoted if you wanted proof, but I can assure you people have actually said that.

12. IDWDrift

IDWDrift Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    I don’t believe anybody is outright saying BW Megatron is in the show. They’re just comparing Cyberverse Trypticon to BW Megatron, most likely due to how similar the two are.

• Like Like x 6
  13. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
    Legacy just got revealed a couple weeks ago. Give it time and we’ll most likely see some, plus Generations Selects is still a thing too

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Man, I'm such a sucker that I'd buy a redeco with a new head of Arcee as Nightbird. I like that mold all things considered. Instead of a BAF part, it can come with regular Arcee's giant gun.

It was pretty enjoyable. I liked their take on a lot of things and the plot moved fairly well.

• Like Like x 8
  15. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
    I still have my TFA Arcee but Nightbird would give me an excuse to get the Cyberverse version

• Like Like x 1
  16. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 SKREEEEEEEOONK

Really fun special! I adored the Mercenaries, especially Nightbird. Great stuff, can't wait for part two! :D 

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ravage Stanixa

Ravage Stanixa My Spark belongs to the TRUE Perfect Decepticon.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    The first six episodes are Not Great and I'm a huge Cyberverse fan. That said, they are only ten minutes long and I've wasted an hour of my life doing far worse things.

Second season is when it REALLY gets good, but I would not advise skipping the first season episode where we first meet CV Megatron. The second season is amazing. The second and third seasons were awesome and the scary bits were more effectively frightening than anything in grimdark WFC, though that may have been because unlike WFC, I gave a shit what happened to the characters.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Ravage Stanixa

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    OK but I'm 57 and I was also bored out of my mind watching WFC, except when it made me mad.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's time like this I REALLY wish Hasbro would actually, you know, give a care about promoting Cyberverse.

Like, is warrior Dead End it? Are we at the end of the line? Is it continuing into next spring? Will we get Bugbite, Doublecrosser, etc.?

• Like Like x 5
  20. Ravage Stanixa

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Hahahahah, so you did watch it, and you didn't hate it after all? Good for you on admitting it :) 

You can use me as proof. I don't know if it's THE best thing since Animated. I think it's tied with TFP as the best show since TFA, which a lot of the same people who hate CV also hate.

However, my standards for "an 'objectively' good show" are nothing like those of our local "objective"-ists on the subject.

My standards for "an 'objectively' good Transformers comic or show" include things such as creative reinterpretations of old lore that are so good I prefer them to the originals, adding more diversity without sacrificing a good story (though really, it's quite rare that adding more diversity doesn't improve old stories in ways other than just adding more diversity), giving us morally complex motivations for both factions that are believable and more complex than 'the American way except not in America' vs 'I want to own the universe and will kill anything I cannot own', actually scaring me when things are scary instead of just grossing me out, and making me care more about the characters as individuals rather than less. CV did all of those things.

WFC didn't do any of those things.

CV, TFP and the IDW1 comics did all of them to some degree.

CV and IDW both failed to some degree on the morally complex motivations scale but both did better than TFP.

The problem with CV on the morally complex motivations scale is that they never really showed us why Meg's loyalists stuck with him after he went off the rails or explored any of the motivations behind characters like Soundwave or Shadow Striker, but that's in part I suspect because the show is marketed to children.

The problem with IDW was that they went too far with spilling the blood buckets on everyone; they didn't need to make Decepticon atrocities so much worse just because the Autobots had atrocities too, when they could instead have dealt with the motivations behind the atrocities or the social failures on each side that led to their commission. But that's in part I suspect because the comic is marketed to comics fans who are often drawn to grimdark, and also because James Roberts has a gore/despair issue and has had since Eugenesis*.

But nobody's perfect, and I'll take either explanation over "kids, don't do drugs, the crazy purple space juice is not even a sometimes food."

Plus CV managed to avoid the flaw of "fridging" -- killing a character, usually female or from some other oppressed group (i.e. beastformers, who were subjected to slavery and treated like second-class citizens even after they were freed**, or half of a couple widely believed to be queer that canon later admitted was actually queer) simply to motivate other people to do or care about shit that they probably ought to have done or cared about anyway. I'm not someone who can't live with it if a favourite character ever dies, but the deaths of Ravage in IDW1 and Breakdown in TFP were senseless, especially given how little they ultimately affected the outcome of the story and compared to the value those characters added to the story as a whole.

* anyone who has a problem with JRo because he likes romance, diversity and reproduction but not because he likes despair and doom and shades of grey that are never lighter than 50% is showing their prejudices;

** kind of a problematic analogy given that people of colour are often compared to animals by racists, but it's there, whether you like it or not.

• Like Like x 6