Cyberverse Season 2: Plot Details and clarifications

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by StellarJet, Sep 8, 2019.

1. StellarJet

StellarJet Seeker

News Credits:
    So! I've watched the first 10 episodes and, so far, I am enjoying the series :cool: 

There are a few details about the overall plot that are ambiguous and somewhat obscure, that perhaps could do with additional explanation. I guess this was done on purpose, giving the audience the opportunity to choose/come up with different scenarios. For instance:

- What are Starscreams's true intentions?
    Does he really just want to end the war once and for all, tired of all the fighting and endless struggle (like he claims to), or is this a simple excuse to the typical 'rule the Universe' thing? The second scenario would be in tune with previous incarnations of Starscream in other series, in which he is an egocentric, ambitious, cold blooded, scheming mech that (primarily) wants absolutely power (and his hate towards Megatron only makes it easier to dispose of his leader)...
    ...but to be honest, it would also be interesting to have a new point of view, in which the *main driver* is that he is just an emotionally exhausted mech that truly wants everything to be over, once and for all.

At the end of Ep 1 (elevator scene) he seems to be extremely fed up with something (quote: 'it never, never, NEVERS ends')..: is he referring to the war, or Megatron's abuse? The first scenes of Ep 2 seems to suggest the latter, although when he overthrows Megatron he keeps insisting this is for the best, to end the war once and for all (under his command), which might suggest the former.

Maybe the overall arch of this season is due to a combination of both: He is fed up with the war, but also with Megatron's constant physical and emotional abuse,so killing both, Decepticons and Autobots, gets rid of both problems simultaneously...
    ...(and the absolute power that comes from being the last one remaining, as well as the owner of the Allspark, Vector Sigma, and the Matrix, is just a VERY nice bonus that, well, he probably always wanted anyway...)

- Is Starscream 'faking' insanity, e.g., naming the scraplets under powerful ancient Cybertronians like Alpha Trion, or does he truly believe it? Does he really believe he died and joined the Allspark and then returned, or is this a simple story to make the other Seekers believe he is 'THE ONE'? Hard to tell at this point...All previous incarnations of this character describe someone intelligent and power-hungry, but never truly 'mad' or 'insane'. As far as we know, he could have been simply off-line/ in stasis in the Moon for a while after the beating, and knowing that everyone witnessed this, this could be the perfect excuse to make others believe he is 'MORE', a new being, superior to what he was before. The fact that Transformers's bodies, apparently, don't turn grey when they die (e.g. Slipstream), makes this particularly hard to tell...o_O 

- Cheetor claims Starscream must have followed him through a portal in the moon. Surely, this does not explain Starscream's recovery from a near death experience in a record time and without being noticed, how Cheetor did not notice someone arriving through the portal behind him, nor how Starscream managed to contact and give orders to the Seekers in the Nemesis.

- Bludgeon's motives:
    Why did Bludgeon kill Slipstream?
    The motivation seemed to be that he didn't want Slipstream to warn others about the details of Starscream plot. Is he somehow in favour of Starscream taking over? is there another, more obscure motive? like him being allied with darker forces that wish/would benefit from overall destruction of both, Decepticons and Autobots, and the chaos that Starscream is creating?
    Also, he does not seem to really care about Megatron's orders. Megatron ordered him to investigate ways to deal with the Scraplets, and the only thing he does is use them as toys, cutting them in pieces with his sword in a few seconds and moving on to other things...

I am sure there are other unclear sub-plots that need clarifications, but the above are the ones that have bothered me the most...

MODS: if it is better to warn about 'Spoilers' in the title rather than hiding the bulk of the text within the post itself, please feel free to add the warning on the thread subject and remove spoiler tags in the text...

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  2. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1- He's bullshitting, because he's a megalomaniac with delusions of grandeur, he just wants to portray his ambitions as something more than it truly is, while also, believing that it's for the best to end everything with him on top because he thinks he is better than both OP and Megatron

2- Again, he has delusions of grandeur, so he's having some kind of power-trip now that he can create life and naming them like that. It's not insanity per se, he's just prone to buying his own hype.

3- I was wondering about that myself, but it's possible that he has no secret motivation and just does those things because he's some kind of intense violent weirdo that prefers to kill and slash things than anything sensible.

3. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    I'm waiting to know if
    Slipstream is truly dead or on life support

4. SpeedDemon27

SpeedDemon27 Member

Based on what I've seen from the episodes.
    1. Ultimately it seems it part delusions but also part getting revenge on Megatron. In I am the Allspark (episode 12) he flips when he's having his big moment of putting megatron in his place only for him to blow the air out of his sails.

2. He is insane. He has become deluded into believing that his purpose is to return all cybertronians to the allspark (except himself) in a vain similar to beast machines Megatron. He actually absorbs the sparks of Acid Storm, Thundercracker, Nova Storm and a bunch of generic seekers in ep 12, so I don't believe he's faking his insanity.

3. It's not really explained. Starscream claims he "escaped" the allspark but it's not really elaborated on. Same thing goes with following cheetor about through ground bridges.

4. I think Bludgeon killed Slipstream simply because he believed she was a traitor, he did witness her go rogue and disappear only to return to beat up Soundwave.

She hasn't been seen since the end of ep 7 but Windblade mentions her in ep 11 as being her motive for attacking Bludgeon. It's heavily implied that Slipstream is dead. Heck at the end of ep 7 cheetor comments that she rejoined the allspark.

5. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Just saw the first episode of season 2. The voice acting seems better these season for some reason.

6. SpeedDemon27

SpeedDemon27 Member

I think a lot of characters have been pitched a bit louder. It's especially noticeable with Shockwave and Soundwave.

7. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    What language is for the episode

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

I was thinking more about Optimus' voice. He sounded like a bad Peter Cullen impression in the first season and now he actually sounds GOOD.

9. DanC

DanC Delightful person

News Credits:
    Some fascinating roundtable discussions at this year's Kid-Friendly Conference

kid.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    ?

11. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Decepticons sure have a ton of Lovecraftian Elder Gods on their livestream... Dagon, Azatoth, Yog-Sothoth...
    #Starscreamgate.png

Also, LOL #Starscreamgate. :D 

Hey mods, can we get those adorable Decepticon emoticons here for the board? :D 

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 3