Cyberverse Season 2 - Episodes 1 & 2 On-Site

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Galvanitro, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Hooper_X

Hooper_X stunticon my haters

So I haven't watched much of S1, but there's some bits here I like:

• Tons of fun new Seeker color schemes PLUS whatever the generic Autobot troopers are called (Autotroopers, lol)
    • Rack N Ruin!
    • The philosophical delineation between Optimus and Megatron re: "both want to restore Cybertron, but at what cost?" makes Megatron's motives a little clearer than in some other versions of the franchise. He and Optimus want the same thing, Megatron just doesn't care about the collateral damage.
    • The callback to the G1 S2 opening with Grimlock chomping down on Seekers
    • The overall aesthetic is like a toned-down Animated, which is kind of neat?
    • The facial animation is reasonably expressive, especially with the big eyes.
    I can probably justify watching this ten minutes at a time when I've got a break at work. Probably. Do any of the non-Starscream, non-Slipstream seekers get anything in the way of characterization, or are we just supposed to fill in the blanks re: Thundercracker, Thrust, and the other guys we know?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Nope

Nope jet "problem" storm

News Credits:
    Thundercracker has been portrayed as dumb/incompetent, but the others haven't had too much characterization.

3. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Well-Known Member

I am honestly surprised at how many people are saying they like this show. It’s just plain annoying in my opinion.

4. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

It's not,,,, horrible.

I admit in the beginning of S1 I was pervasively amused by "brain damaged Bee" in a kind of "yUmMmM jAuMm!" joke. (I felt really guilty for laughing.)

But at 15 minutes a pop it was easy to catch up and binge. The problem is the disasterous schedual at CN where you have more Teen Titans & Gumball than the Weather Channel has radar maps but they only show ONE airing of Transformers that I have to set an alarm to see? Luckily I have OnDemand through my cable provider (and their horrible user interface) but I can't imagine even being aware this show even exists if not for being a franchise fan.

It's funny, they accuse these cartoons (that you can't find) of selling toys (Walmart won't stock) to impressionable kids. But you have to be a dedicated fan to even FIND this media.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All you have to do to find it is go to cartoon networks website, relying on timeslots is an archaic method of consuming media

6. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

People are talking about how brutal the Megatron curb stomp is but didn't they kill Blurr (again,,,) in season 1?

Also:

Bumblebee, Hot Rod and Cheetor as the 3 Amigos? I never knew I needed this to be a thing!

Don't worry about it Tigertron, I have it on my cable package.

7. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The first season dragged a bit, but the second season took off right away. I loved the beat down of Starscream. It was a one sided fight and Megatron never said a word.

8. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...i remembre back in seventh grade, my best friend told me about this super-cool science-fiction miniseries airing at 6.30 sunday mornings on channel 20; sentient alien robots battling an energy crisis on a mechanical planet...

...if it's cool-enough and distinctive-enough, kids will seek it out and increased exposure will follow: the good news is that it appears hasbro is finally taking cool-enough to heart...

9. Superhans

Superhans TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I really like that they did the time jump here. This feels like a proper transformers show to me now, which S1 never really did (more “the adventures of Bumblebee and windblade” - and I’m tired of the mute BB gimmick). Looking forward to checking out the rest.

• Like Like x 4
  10. AzT

AzT Azlaroc, Yeargroup 431 Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

• Like Like x 8
  11. GPA

GPA Member

Really enjoying this show, which I didn't expect to. Kind of wish we got a "Megatron, is that you?!" when the elevator opened, but liked that Megatron was silent during the whole fight.

• Like Like x 1