Cyberverse Season 2 - Episodes 1 & 2 On-Site

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Galvanitro, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

Whoa... I just felt Animated Megs getting slapped off the top spot.
    This may be my favorite Transformers show.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  2. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Wow. I'm actually gobsmacked. That might be the most vicious Starscream beating set to motion.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

Ebay:
    Yeah. Got to be one of the top one-sided beatings in Transformerdom right next to Airachnid getting curbstomped by Soundwave in TF Prime.

• Like Like x 2
  4. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

• Like Like x 3
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  5. Intrepidation

Intrepidation Active Member

I just watched the first two episodes, then went back and rewatched the last couple episodes of Season 1 to make sure I hadn't missed something.

Season 1 ends with the Autobots, having just be reawakened, standing outside of the Ark as the Nemesis with Starscream on board arrive on EARTH. Season two opens up with the Autobots and Decepticons fighting on the MOON, with Megatron now present, and with with Bumblebee having his voice back. All of this is without any explanation, the most glaring being Bumblebee's suddenly functional voice. Is there like, some special I missed?

Massive plot holes aside, the animation seems to have been given a bump, and the tone is less all over the place. Megatron's beat down of Starscream was something we haven't seen since TF Prime, and here he actually offs him (at least temporarily). I appreciate that combat actually inflicts damage now. The writing could still use improvement, but overall, plot holes aside, I liked it.

Funny thing about Shockwave's plan strap engines to the Moon and ram it into Earth, is that this plan has already been attempted by Invader Zim (using Mars).

upload_2019-9-8_11-45-46.png

6. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There was nothing missed, it’s a time jump. The first episode of season 2 pretty well covers that they are at all out war on earth now and humans know and all that

• Like Like x 3
  7. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just caught up. First six episodes, I think. I loved the severe beating of Starscream.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Intrepidation

Intrepidation Active Member

I got that, and while you could let slide Megatron in shot without any arrival fanfare or them showing up on the moon for fight time and also they went from just arriving to doomsday laser moon base with also moon moving engines installed, Bumblebee was unable to speak in the entire first season except in flashbacks and in his mind. You'd think there'd be some payoff not just "here's Bee and he speaks now because why not."

9. unknown456

unknown456 Not-So-New Bot On The Block

Finally got around to watching the first two episodes. Can't really add anything that hasn't been said before (namely that it was pretty good overall with some standout moments like, boy that time skip was jarring, and, holy crap that Starscream-Megatron fight was vicious), but I will say this: I miss Teletraan X :( 

10. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We had Windblade mention before that Ratchet fixed Bee's voice box, and we saw his voice fixed in the Star Trek parody episode of Season 1. It's not really a plot hole, they just didn't feel like having a contrived "yeah, Ratchet did a good job fixing my voice... again!" exposition, since one can naturally assume that Ratchet would fix it again after finding out it got messed up when he crashed landed on Earth.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime Autobot and N7 for life

The time jump is one of my favorite things about season 2 so far. The way they flashed back in quick hits to fill in the blanks so that we don't have long, time eating exposition was brilliant (and in certain scenes, funny).

12. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed, with the amount of people not understanding the time jump, maybe hasbro has made the right call in aiming the show at a younger demographic, seems not even adults can be bothered to pay attention

• Like Like x 9
  13. Requiem Prime

I'm actually glad they glossed over the war on Earth and reveal to humanity, especially the way they did it (shock, humerous acceptance, this is getting serious).

I don't see Bee has a voice now as a plot hole. Just a cute 'what the' before they establish the time jump. They told us it was fixable twice.
    A bigger plot hole is why didn't the cons ever do a better job on Shadowstriker? I think she looks a bit better, but she was on Cybertron. With their science guy (and assumed medic). For Millions of years. A voice box and memory bank are no big deal, but replacing limbs is?

• Like Like x 1
  14. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shockwave is also an amoral experimentalist and sadist, hell he created a 2 headed seeker simply out of curiosity and because he could

• Like Like x 5
  15. Requiem Prime

Good point, Megs probably wouldn't have demanded more than able to fight.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Thunderhoof

Thunderhoof Decepticon Crime Boss

What did people think of the way Megatron treated starscream?

17. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reminded me of when the similar situation occurred in Animated, only more brutal.

Still, Starscream did kinda deserve his punishment.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thunderhoof

Thunderhoof Decepticon Crime Boss

Yeah he kinda did, this version seems much more willing to put others in their place if he sees it as fit.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Requiem Prime

Agreed. The beat down in Prime was violent, but only a punishment and off screen.

• Like Like x 3
  20. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No cartoon beat down/punishment for failure will ever be more brutal than the continual dismemberment of Baxter stockman in tmnt 2k3, you want brutal and violent, I’m amazed that got past censors on network tv

• Like Like x 3