Cyberverse is trash

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Tetrajet_WFCTX_129397, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    Probably sound like an idiot, but what was UT?

• Like Like x 1
  2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot What does God need with a starship?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Probably Unicron Trilogy. I never saw it referred to as UT though.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, Unicron Trilogy. It's a pretty common acronym, though.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    Now that I know what it means, I absolutely agree. Such stupid shite. Seeing people complain about the 2007 movie’s designs drives me up the wall because they were almost certainly shown the Unicron Shitology as reference for what kids would recognise as transformers, thus completely mangling their design ideas and making Bay hate the franchise. (Sorry for the rant)

5. Ømnidrive

Ømnidrive Stop.....think......fart.....and keep on going

Geez I get that some shows aren’t for everyone but, this is a bit much ain’t it?

• Like Like x 2
  6. SpeedDemon27

SpeedDemon27 Active Member

Because bad robot = decepticon. I wouldn't be surprised if most people thought lockdown was a d-con in age of extinction.

Also I like the dynamic he has going on with Clobber, sort of reminds me of the dynamic Demolisher and Cyclonus had back in the unicron trilogy.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Not exactly a big mystery given Hasbro made zero attempt at not plastering Decepticon symbols all over his toys.
    [​IMG]

And then for the Studio Series, the Decepticon logo is right next to his name.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  8. Driskull98

Driskull98 Evil is as evil do.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Tumblr:
    This thread is full of babies.

• Like Like x 12
  9. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

This is a thread complaining about a childrens show, also do you really think I have been on this site for nearly a decade as a goof?

And hey, I'll admit I really was coming off as a facetious prick, it's a bad quality that this site in particular brings out in me. But christ, I get it, it's not for some fans but sometimes things aren't made for everyone, and sometimes shows made for 8 year olds, is for 8 year olds.

Anyway Cyberverse is fine, it's became it's own little fun take on Transformers, the only thing holding it back are some VA's sounding a little akward at times. The end.

• Like Like x 6
  10. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

A lot of threads complain a children's show... because this is a board dedicated to a children's show and people have opinions about it. That's kind of the point. And when you seem to hate the franchise, everyone who's a fan of the franchise, and don't even seem to understand where you are or the purpose of this place... YES!

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It's funny, because if you trace this whole kerfuffle waaaaay back to when you first replied to the OP, it was in response to him saying Rescue Bots Academy was for literal babies. Which, like, it is. He wasn't even saying that in a condescending way, it actually is for toddlers.

So I guess you guys agree on that much.

This post gave me 'Nam-style flashbacks of how shit AOE Lockdown's toy was. Thank God for the SS figure, even with its turtle shell.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  12. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm censoring the huge mess that's my living room. But, this is real time, this 4 year old is mesmerized watching this on netflix. I called her name, she didn't even notice. 20190919_193406.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    You: "Hey, (child's name)!"
    Her: *dead silence caused by TV indoctrination*
    You: "(child's name)! Do you want me to sell all your toys like in that one scene from Endgame, a film you're not old enough to even have seen yet?"
    Her: *see above*
    You: "I'm going to take your silence as yes!"

14. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    She's really enjoying it. She said she wanted to watch it over Peppa. And she loves Peppa.

• Like Like x 4
  15. rodimuspm

rodimuspm Well-Known Member

I dont know why people who dont like cyberverse are trashing it? I happen to like it, just like with animated, I wasn't digging the artwork, but I love the storyline.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Um... what? The UT designs were actually GOOD! Those characters were easily recognizable as the characters they were suppose to be. If anything they seemed to take inspiration from Beast Machines... another series which made the characters totally unrecognizable. They even adopted the aesthetic of making robots with no actual legs.

Also they didn't make Bay hate the franchise. He ALWAYS hated the franchise. They actually made the changes they did in order to convince Bay to direct after he turned them down originally. I've always said that they should of gone to another director that actually cares about the franchise rather than changing everything to make Bay happy.

He was a Decepticon in Age of Extinction. He just wasn't one of Galvatron's Decepticons. Just because he doesn't align with Galvatron doesn't mean he's not a Decepticon.

I don't have any issues with the art work in this show... That really only applies to Animated. I didn't like the cartoony proportions they had. I'd love to see those designs in a different art style. I'm pretty sure Optimus would end up looking exactly like G1 Optimus Prime just with slightly different coloring and the light bar for his fire truck mode. He's essentially just a highly stylized version of that same design. However other characters like Blitzwing look COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from their G1 name sakes. I mean the angry face is pretty close to his G1 face but he still has a totally different helmet design... And I've kinda already seen what the faces would look like in G1 thanks to Generations Blitzwing.

Cyberverse for me took a while to get into more so because of the voice acting and how short the episodes are. There's a few episodes I've felt had some really cool ideas but I wanted to extend the story out into a longer episode. They all feel so rushed because of the shorter run time and that's hurting a lot of it. The Maccadam's episode for example, that was a really great episode and I loved the back and forth of Maccadam in the past predicting things that from his perspective haven't happened yet as they're happening in the present for Bumblebee and Windblade. He's also set up as kind of a mysterious character but I feel like if that episode were longer he could of been developed more as an actual character instead of spouting off a whole lot of exposition.

And yeah... the voice acting is... not the best... but it seems to have gotten better in season 2. Some characters still sound a bit off though... as if the actors are just reading the script and not actually voicing the characters. Others sound like they're trying but just aren't doing a great job. I don't recognize ANYONE on the cast for this show and it's almost as if these people are all voice acting for the first time.

It could be worse though... at least it's not the voice acting from that PS2 game. Those people sounded like a text to speech program would of done a better job... in fact Animated Preceptor literally was voiced by a text to speech program so I know that would sound better than the PS2 cast did.

• Like Like x 3
  17. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I don't think anyone in Hollywood at the time knew what to do with Transformers, though. This was a time when Baby Boomers still had a firm grip on the industry and kids properties from the 80's were seen as arrested development IPs.

A loose reflection on how it all went down: Spielberg was the first big name attached to the project because he saw the value in the story of a boy and his car-friend. But he said he would only be willing to help produce it - and helped make a video of a helicopter Soundwave chasing a sports car Bumblebee to pitch the film to studios and directors (to me, this was the first warning that we were going down a different rabbit hole). Eventually, Di Bonaventura signed on to produce and Paramount agreed to make the film as long as they found a director. Since Hasbro was on a toy schedule, they had to secure everything in a timely manner. Bay was pitched and given a crash course in Transformers lore - but he wanted everything "photo-realistic" because that's how Baby Boomers see the world. In their minds, the designs in the Bumblebee Movie wouldn't appeal to OTHER Boomers, since that was a large portion of the demo who was going to action and sci-fi movies at the time.

We're now in a world where Gen Xers and Millennials are the greater viewing audience now - and we're taking our kids too. And movies are reflective of that. But the sheer proliferation of these kinds of movies is somewhat telling - Gen Xers appear to have a severe case of arrested development that Boomers didn't quite have (although you could argue they were too busy getting divorced and remarried over and over again).

• Like Like x 1
  18. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Oh, not necessary. Believe me, you should see the $hit show that's my living room with my six year old twin boys. But speaking of them, they're old enough now that they're a part of the target audience for Cyberverse. They hardly even know that Cyberverse exist. We'll walk down the toy isle at the store and go past the Cyberverse toys. I'll ask them if anyone in their class is into that show, and they say no. These kids today are only into their stupid youtube toy review video shows: Ryan's Toy Review, Kid City, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  19. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    My daughter goes "OH I WANT IT" for every single figure. She only has the Starscream, because the figures for the show really disappoint me. The small ones don't even transform into anything, but I made a thread on that already. I don't know any 6 year, besides your kids now that watch youtube reviews. My daughter has friends 3-7 and like not one has ever mentioned that. I get things like PJ Masks, Paw Patrol, Titans go? or something like that. Avengers, Spiderman.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Ricardo Dawkins

Ricardo Dawkins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the toys of the line are trash, too.

• Like Like x 1