Cyberverse is trash

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Tetrajet_WFCTX_129397, Sep 15, 2019.

1. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    That’s a flashback. My first Transformer was Speedbot and Beastbot but I never considered then really Transformers

• Like Like x 2
  2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    G1 says a lot of things that people try to forget.

And even if it was developed, that just means whoever designed it was a moron.

Bayformers would make even less sense, since they control every part of their body fluidly and constantly. The various parts are always moving, rarely locked in place. A T-cog would be even more ridiculous on them.

That's what I was saying, if the T-cog was more like a "second brain" it'd make more sense, but that's not how it's depicted. It's a literal cog geared to their transformation. Brain impulses are electrical signals, not linked moving parts. It's digital vs. analog. The brain/processor still tells them to transform, but it's the cog that actually does it. Your brain sends impulses to your individual muscles to expand and contract, your brain isn't literally tugging on your limbs the way a cog must theoretically work.

The fact that MECH were able to build their own TF was just ridiculous enough in its own right.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

So Starscream created the Scrapletts and his plan to bring peace to Cybertron by killing everyone else seems very similar to Beast Machines Megatron. Though he's using Scrapletts rather than spark extractors. Megatron's plan seems more humain now considering the spark extractors were relatively painless compared to being eaten alive by Scrapletts.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde 狡猾の死神

News Credits:
    What I'm about to say is mostly just conjecture based on what we've heard from behind the scenes at Hasbro while Prime was being made.

The Aligned continuity, the "Binder of Revelation", Prime was a costly disaster with a lot of fighting behind the scenes with different teams / studios trying to drag it in different directions. They spent like 250k$ to make the B.O.R. and now it just sits gathering dust in a drawer somewhere. Paradoxically they still try to incorporate elements from this failed experiment into new stories.

I could very well be wrong, but I think after the failure of the Aligned continuity they're afraid of actually investing more than the minimum into a new universe, because they don't want another aligned, so they're content to just create milquetoast shows and media. Cyberverse costs very little to produce in comparison, same with giving their license to Netflix, if it fails it won't be as catastrophic if they invested more time and money into it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That makes a disturbing amount of sense. They invested money and got burned, so it's going to be a while before they want to commit a similar level of investment. They're gunshy and playing it safe.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    Well yes, hasbro ploughed a lot of money into aligned, Prime and all the rest didn't they. They also sidetracked the normal route, doing The Hub instead of cartoon network or nockelodian after the animated experience and must have spent some money on that endeavour. All of it would have cost them. I applaud them anyway. Maybe they'll go amazon or netflix in future.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the Speed-Bot Group C Racer one of the coolest Younger-aimed Transformers to date.
    It's got a face mask a bit like Wolverine too. I can't speak to the cartoon though I never saw it - though I would note that the aspect of the character changing body at will seems to have a long term effect of other areas of the Transformers Franchise - it took a bit more effort previously in G1 or Beast Wars to do that. Where as it's very easy to do in some more recent offerings.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PaxStarkist

PaxStarkist BAY-TALITY

checks to see how much fighting is going on in a thread like this
    retreats before getting a Power Master Prime chucked at Him

• Like Like x 1
  9. D15M45

D15M45 Player Hater

The voice acting is pretty bad, I can't stand the emotionless sorta angry movie prime voice, and most others are either generic, or completely charismatic.
    Animation is fine, but tends to drown out detail
    Action is pretty flat, the action should really be better, I think I can find better action scenes and choreography in G1.

10. rodimuspm

rodimuspm Well-Known Member

VERY TRASHY

• Like Like x 1
  11. Furnace

Furnace Antroid at a picnic

What if they published and sold copies of the Binder? That way, they could make some money off it and provide the fans with some neat "behind the scenes" material. I mean, I'm not big on the Aligned continuity myself, but I'd buy it!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gzstg

Gzstg Autobot Historian, Armada Dub Defender

isn't that just the covenant of primus?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Furnace

Furnace Antroid at a picnic

Wait, is it? I though the Covenant was more of a retroactive attempt to realign all the elements of the continuity, whereas the Binder was the original script, so to speak.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    The covenant is more or less the binder in story form

• Like Like x 2
  15. Gzstg

Gzstg Autobot Historian, Armada Dub Defender

they did release a physical book called the covenant of primus and I think a lot of Prime's world building came from that.
    Transformers: The Covenant of Primus - Transformers Wiki

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I'm quite fond of it, and RID2015 because unlike TF Prime they didn't have their heads stuck up their own arse.

• Like Like x 8
  17. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    I like cyberverse too! ESPECIALLY season 2 has improved greatly. For me, it has:

-Better Story
    -Better Acting (Minus Optimus)
    -Better Animation
    -Better fightscenes
    -More Characters
    -More developed characters.

18. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    When a conversation about the quality, or lack thereof a show becomes a deep conversation about Cybertronian religion and a debate regarding what constitutes as a Cybertronian organ.

Cyberverse seems to suffer regarding a lack of an engaging story. The shorter duration is certainly a deterrent, but the way the series is structured is odd. For example, I don’t usually advocate for season-based storytelling in favor for arcs, but it’s odd that Cyberverse’s second season’s finale episode revolves around accidental cloning and space shenanigans. That seems like a good early episode for Season 3, not a concluding episode for an 18 episode season.
    Starscream going completely crazy was enjoyable, but I think they could have portrayed him with more action and energy to show just how deranged he became. Killing the Seekers was a good start, though. However, I think as dramatic and over the top Starscream is, his mental breakdown could have been portrayed more energetically.
    Cyberverse just seems to lack “oomph”, or a strong hook. It feels like it’s just there.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

I previously compared Cyberverse's approach to being similar to G1.

But I'll give G1 a bit of credit; there would have been more energy and impact to everything that happened, as proper G1 episodes would have had more airtime to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    more dimensional travel rather than accidental cloning, they were essentially in the hub of the multiverse

• Like Like x 2