Cyberverse is trash

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Tetrajet_WFCTX_129397, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Tetrajet_WFCTX_129397

Tetrajet_WFCTX_129397 Well-Known Member

Has anyone else seen it?, Why did they turn Lockdown into a Decepticon?, He's supposed to be a neutral bounty hunter, Shcokwave doesn't have his logic driven personality anymore, Grimlock is just a copy of Silver Bolt and is literally nothing like any of his past incarnations, Why did they even name him Grimlock? Also for some reason scenes come after each other that don't make sense, Lockdown managed to capture Hot Rod but in the next scene we see him free and teaming up with Bumblebee and Cheetor

Another thing is when Megatron killed Starscream he passed it off as being killed by Autobots and then making a memorial for him, Why would Megatron care about it at all he could've just called him out for actually being a traitor, No one was loyal to Starscream or cared, Even then plenty of Decepticons in his presence knew it was a sham so the lie wouldn't have gone far

What happened to the align continuity?, No Dark Energon, Why can't we have Prime?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  2. JomasterII

JomasterII The Space Consultant from Jolo

News Credits:
    wow, rude

• Like Like x 11
  3. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    He literally does.

I agree with this one though. This Lockdown is essentially just a nameslapped generic goon.

He was shown burning through his stasis cuffs and fleeing the Nemesis.

It was filmed to gain sympathy from humans, not the Decepticons, so that they'd think the Autobots were the bad guys.

They finally put that clusterfuck of a continuity to rest.

• Like Like x 32
  4. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you don't like trash, why are you asking for Prime back?

• Like Like x 27
  5. Arvegtor

Arvegtor Aerialbot

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If you want more of Aligned, watch Rescue Bots Academy, it's the last piece of Aligned media that's still ongoing.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Tetrajet_WFCTX_129397

They are literally called Decepticons, They're goals are literally to conquer the Universe

Was there any Transformers continuity that made sense?, Apparently the G1 Cartoon is in the same continuity as the Prime Wars, The Aligned Continuity gave us the Cybetron games and The Prime Cartoon

7. Tetrajet_WFCTX_129397

It's literally a cartoon for babies

8. Scoff

Scoff Well-Known Member

Animated, barring a few things.

No, it isn't. Prime Wars is set in an alternate G1 continuity. Prime Wars still doesn't make sense but it's not wrecking the original G1 continuity.

Which didn't mesh at all despite the intent of Aligned being to have one continuity that was consistent and cohesive. Heck, apparently everybody was rebelling against the Aligned continuity making sense, the Prime team included.

Examples of discrepancies within the continuity include character designs.

This is what Bumblebee looked like in Fall of Cybertron.
    BumblebeeFoC.png

This is what Bumblebee looked like in Transformers: Prime.
    300px-PrimeBee.jpg

This was supposed to be the same character at different points in his life but you can't tell that because the designs are too different from one another. Just look at the faces alone.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 16
  9. Furnace

Furnace Antroid at a picnic

Cyberverse is far from a masterpiece, but it is likewise far from being trash. At the very least, it is under no illusions about what it is and what it sets out to accomplish.

As far as fidelity to the source material is concerned, Cyberverse is about equal with Prime. It’s true that Grimlock and Lockdown are very different from their original archetypes, but one could likewise argue the same for Prime’s incarnations of Breakdown, Ratchet, Wheeljack, Ultra Magnus, Bulkhead, Arcee, Predaking, Sky Lynx, the Insecticons, Smokescreen, Skyquake, Dreadwing, etc. The bottom line is that both shows have characters who are altered from their original incarnations, which, for TF isn’t really anything new. Whether these changes were for the better is a different question, one which I am more than willing to discuss.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 22
  10. Tetrajet_WFCTX_129397

Ratchet was based off of his Animated counterpart, So was Bulkhead, Ultra Magnus isn't that much different from his G1 counterpart, Arcee didn't have much to stand on in the cartoon eitherm Wheeljack was changed because Ratchet already took the role of Scientist, The rest are mostly obscure to worry about

• Like Like x 1
  11. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Lockdown has ALWAYS been a Decepticon. They didn't turn him into one.

Not exactly. While he isn't truly aligned with Megatron and is in fact a Bounty Hunter who will work for either side he most often works for the Decepticons because they provide better upgrades. The character has always been classified as a Decepticon.

Yes he does. The dude has so far worked logic into every line of dialog he's had so far in this series. Have you actually seen the show cause you seem to be making up issues that don't exist.

Wrong again. I assume you mean Beast Wars Silverbolt cause he's nothing like G1. I can kinda see a similarity with BW but he reminds me more of Tracks. This is only in his robot mode though. Once he transforms to beast mode he's exactly like G1 Grimlock. This version seems to have dual personalities based on what mode he's in.

Because he's a gold and silver T-Rex...

I would complain about the spoiler to an episode I haven't seen yet but considering you've been wrong about everything else so far I'm doubting this actually happens... or if it does it's because of a flash back. Bumblebee has them rather frequently in this series and it's pretty obvious when they're cutting to a flash back.

More spoilers that I kinda doubt are even accurate.

Well the Aligned Continuity sucked at actually being ALIGNED as different parts of it ignored or changed events from other parts. The different parts on their own were good but as a continuity it sucked... and that's still going in part with Transformers Rescue Bots Academy.

Personally I'm glad to see something that isn't in the Aligned Continuity.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Scoff

Scoff Well-Known Member

Firstly, which Silverbolt? There's been multiple Silverbolts with widely different personalities and based on what I've seen so far, this incarnation of Grimlock is certainly not a copy of any of them.

Secondly, Grimlock has always had different takes on his character and they have varied at times. Heck, G1 Grimlock was a different character depending on whether you read the comics or saw the cartoon.

Furthermore, the Grimlock from Cyberverse seems inspired by the Shattered Glass Grimlock who was highly intelligent and talked in a sophisticated manner. Additionally, his beast mode seems to be more in line with his usual characterization. Basically, the Cyberverse version of the character is a take on the character that incorporates elements from the previous incarnations culminating in a Grimlock that is very different but is not a name slap.

The Aligned Continuity got abandoned because nobody followed it, Dark Energon was boring, and Prime concluded because it was always meant to only have three seasons.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Furnace

Furnace Antroid at a picnic

It seems to me that your criterion for acceptable character alteration is fourfold:
    1. Alteration to a character must have precedent.
    2. Slight alterations to previously established characters are acceptable.
    3. Largely obscure characters are more open to reinterpretation than familiar ones.
    4. Any alterations to characters in any of the above cases must serve the narrative in some form.

These are not at all unreasonable standards. I use a version of them myself. However, they do still acknowledge the presence of character alterations.

In the first case:
    • Ratchet is based on his Animated counterpart. However, that incarnation was itself an unprecedented reinterpretation of the G1 persona.

In the second case:
    • Bulkhead in Animated was a secret savant while Prime Bulkhead was not. This character trait is fundamental to the Animated incarnation. Though its removal does not compromise the character per se, it does still constitute a significant alteration.

• Sunbow Ultra Magnus was defined by his loyalty and compassion. Marvel Magnus was defined by his combat prowess. Prime Ultra Magnus was defined by his strict adherence to protocol. Though professionalism was always a part of Magnus’ character, Prime extrapolates it to an unprecedented degree, such that it becomes his defining trait.

In the third case:
    • It seems we both agree that the other characters on my list are in some way altered, regardless of their obscurity.

In the fourth case:
    • There certainly were narrative reasons for Wheeljack and Arcee’s character changes. However, we must agree that there were changes made.

Such alterations are not necessarily good or bad in themselves. In some instances, they can be for the better. That said, just as the above alterations do not constitute objective demerits to Prime, neither do the the alterations made to Lockdown and Grimlock detract from the quality of Cyberverse. Nobody’s obligated to like these decisions (heck, I’ve got a few bones to pick with Cyberverse myself) however, that in itself doesn’t make Cyberverse a bad show.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  14. JomasterII

JomasterII The Space Consultant from Jolo

News Credits:
    And their plan here is to DECEIVE the humans into thinking they're the GOOD GUYS.
    GET IT?
    Because they're DECEPTIcons? Like DECEPTION? God.
    I mean, it even happened in G1. Remember Decepticon Day?

• Like Like x 18
  15. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I've only seen maybe about three or four episodes of Cyberverse. It just doesn't seem like anything that I'd be interested in. I can't help but think that this show is Transformers attempt to appeal to the current generation of kids that prefer to watch youtube toy review videos (man I can't stand those). When I was my six year old twin boys's age, I was into Thundercats and Transformers, not Ryan's Toy Review and Kid City.

16. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    So are most transformer shows, keep up.

• Like Like x 11
  17. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Cyberverse has problems coming out the wazoo in both product and media. Mostly due to bad QC and short run times. Which you can blame CN for, before Hasbro finally had enough and took it to their own channel. You won't miss anything not watching it, but it has some good episodes, moments and we get to see a little of what Cybertron was like before it went to hell in a handbasket. That's got to count for something impo.

• Like Like x 4
  18. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

No... Most Transformers shows are targeted at kids 5 and above not 4 and under.

There have actually only ever been TWO Transformers shows literally for babies. Transformer Go-Bots, not to be confused with Challenge of the Go-Bots which was a rival to G1 Transformers. Hasbro later bought out their main competitor and created a Preskool like of Transformers under the same name... And I don't know why Preschool is spelled wrong on a line of toys intended to educate children.

Anyway... Transformers Go-Bots was cancelled after just a few episodes. It was largely unheard of and was pretty freaking terrible. Instead of using actual Transformers characters everyone had names like Speedbot and Beastbot.

The other one is of course Rescue Bots... I guess technically there's three if you count Rescue Bots Academy as a different series. Officially it's suppose to be but considering it's the same continuity I just kinda consider it season 5.

• Like Like x 4
  19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I mean, they aren't. Children and toddlers aren't the same thing.

Even the UT, which was stupid as fuck, was still made for children aged about five to ten.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    How dare things have the audacity to change & maybe be written for someone besides you.

• Like Like x 10