Cyberverse Commander Guzzle

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by PlanckEpoch, Aug 28, 2011.

1. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have every right to criticize the opinion as much as you have the right to it. I only think that's fair. I primarily challenge the idea that it looks anything near insectoid, when it clearly isn't. Unless there's a different standard on what constitutes "insectoid" being used here....

2. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    No, you're totally right. Guzzle's crumpled face with mandibles doesn't look anything near insectoid, it's clearly very human - so much so that the more I look at it the more I see Don Rickles.

3. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Now you're exaggerating. If you want to take my disagreement with your opinion as me forcing my opinion onto you instead of you know, defending yours?

Awesome, good game!

4. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    When you initiate a disagreement by telling someone they're jaded and lacking in critical thinking don't expect them to have a rational conversation with you. Why should I feel compelled to "defend my opinion"? I see mandibles, I see a face that very much falls in line with the general movie aesthetic. I really don't even care what his face looks like because, as I said in my initial post, he's so small it doesn't stand out. How is this even a subject worthy of debate?

You see a humanoid face, I see one that is insectoid. Who cares?

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The face looks to me like a blue Pekingese wearing a helmet. :) 

6. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    OMG you're right! :D 

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Urizen123

Urizen123 I toast, therefore I am.

Brilliant!!!

:lol 

Personally, I'm a little more forgiving when it comes to the LAM-verse aesthetic - and now that we've finally got to see it properly, I'm pleasantly surprised to find that I don't find the face sculpt as off-putting as I thought I would. The eyes give of less of a "I'm totally stoned, dude!" vibe, and more a "I'm a bad-ass veteran, who doesn't have time for your nonsense" type of thing. The only thing I'm not keen on is the exaggerated "boxer's nose" he seems to have. I would've much preferred a mouthplate, or something mouthplate-esque.

8. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Perfect! It appeals to my love of dogs and everything! :rock 

9. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    my complete at total LOL that spewed horkey on my desk, was completely worth your time and effort making that pic dude..

thanks for the Laugh

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Finally got a Guzzle to call my own.

Pros:
    . Both modes look nice and are well-detailed (lookit all them rivets on the tank!) Robot mode is a bit gorilla-y, but it helps give the overall bruiser impression.

. Articulation is pretty good for a Cyberverse/legends class toy.

Cons:
    . The handgun combined from the two tank weapons is a bit lame, and might have been better if they combined end-to-end to make a longer rifle instead.

. Has the same problem I see with a lot of TFs, especially smaller ones, where the pegs/tabs are a bit too big or too tight, and require a lot of force to put together and take apart. The legs on Guzzle are pretty tough to yank out of tank mode when tabbed together with the front end.

Notes:

. Finally seeing the face in person, as opposed to a super close-up photo - big deal. It all blends together as a blue shape with some movie-ish detail that matches up with the detail level of the rest of the toy.

. In robot mode, if you stick the tank cannon straight out from the back and hold it by the end, Guzzle becomes a puppet of sorts, perfect for walking around a table or desk. :) 

Overall: If you like the Cyberverse toys, you'll probably like this.

11. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I found that if you unplug the legs from each other before attempting this, it goes much easier. Still a bit of a pain but isn't as much if you try it when the legs are still together.

12. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

Just realized that his head can turn, albeit only very slightly; the turn is blocked by part of his backpack and his collar. Time to break out the x-acto.

13. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Very slightly indeed, like literally a hair's width. Looking forward to seeing your mod, a little neck rotation would go along way on this guy.

I also want to make it clear that my dislike of how his face looks in an extreme closeup isn't really a factor at all in my overall feelings for the figure. It's a damn good TF, and one of the best Commanders. Actually I think it's my second favorite just behind Megatron. I'm a sucker for an old fasioned army green Abrams (or close approximation) so I'm crazy about the alt mode, even though the turret doesn't rotate or move at all (excusable on something this small i think). I really love the colors in bot mode, too. That bright yellow torso with the green limbs looks great.

14. 9.8m/s^2

Easy mod. Take out the three torso screws, and trim plastic from all around the head. I trimmed bits from the backback, cut the collar flat, and carefully cut diagonal bits from the right and left of the chest armor, just enough to allow the helmet to have clearance. I also very slightly filed down the joint so that the head turns without as much effort.
    The result is another 30 degrees or so of rotation to either side, enough to be useful.

While I was at it, I also sliced a sliver from the front of the missile pod so that the barrel stays straight in robot mode. Dunno if anyone else had that problem, though.

After a quick black wash and modding the barrel to slide downward (courtesy of Radicon Hot Shot), voila.

Attached Files:

15. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    One more question for someone who already has Guzzle, can anyone tell me how long he is in vehicle mode? Thanks!

16. 9.8m/s^2

4 inches from muzzle to rear. 3.2 inches, not counting the gun.

17. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  18. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Those three look fantastic together. If the upcoming Powerglide repaint was more of a military green (looks more like candy green in the photos), he would look great with this group.

19. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm hoping that Cyberverse will have more Autobot military guys. Enough to get a good convoy going. I agree about the Powerglide repaint though. It isn't OD Green at all...just some lame Christmas green. ;-;

20. Armoredrah

Armoredrah Junkion

Guzzle is nice, found him at retail and was really happy with him. I'm all about the Cyberverse line. I'm almost caught up on the entire line , minus some repaints. I love the size and the price.